Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

11 hours ago, weller54 said:

What's better the id3 or Hyundai Kona?

I've not driven either but I think it will probably come down to what sort of car you want i.e. traditional car or compact SUV style, the latter of which seems to be all the rage. I sat in the Kona and although it was perfectly nice, it's really not very big at all

50 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I've not driven either but I think it will probably come down to what sort of car you want i.e. traditional car or compact SUV style, the latter of which seems to be all the rage. I sat in the Kona and although it was perfectly nice, it's really not very big at all

We have a medium size dog so boot size is important.

I want to buy an ev for under 40k. So restricted in choice.

The id3 boot space is a bit bigger than the Kona but Kona has better 'true range '.

Tricky one.

6 hours ago, weller54 said:

The id3 boot space is a bit bigger than the Kona but Kona has better 'true range '.

Tricky one.

MG ZS?

Does it have to be all electric? I'd probably still have a hybrid given the choice, but not an option for my firm as the numbers don't work apparently

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

MG ZS?

Does it have to be all electric? I'd probably still have a hybrid given the choice, but not an option for my firm as the numbers don't work apparently

Thanks... don't like the MG.. Terrible build quality!

Yes, want to go full electric.

10 hours ago, weller54 said:

Tricky one.

You could consider the Peugeot 2008.

You'll get good value for money, but the Kona is the better car.

Couldn't comment on the VW, never been in one.

14 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Need to chose a new car and was hoping for a 330e m sport but that might be out of the question. Does anyone have any advice on other plug in hybrid options? The Audi A6 TFSI e is an option.

Good cars, if your looking at a brand new one you'll probably be looking at around Feb 23 for a spec amendable one. 

Please feel free to drop me a dm if you want any figures running for the A6 and some different cars as well. 👍

38 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Good cars, if your looking at a brand new one you'll probably be looking at around Feb 23 for a spec amendable one. 

Please feel free to drop me a dm if you want any figures running for the A6 and some different cars as well. 👍

Cheers I am open to anything similar to those mentioned. As long as it is plug in hybrid, it will be new as it’s a company car.

So for the first time in my life it looks like I might actually be ordering a brand new motor (through work like, it's not something I'd do in a million years) so I have the exciting new dilemma of what colour to pick.

Sadly chocolate brown is not an option so I'm wondering what folks' preferences are.

Leaning towards 'digital teal green' which is a sort of aquamarine sort of colour, or white, which is cheaper and I always think, rightly or wrongly, makes it easier for people to see you coming.

So what colours float your boat?

22 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

So for the first time in my life it looks like I might actually be ordering a brand new motor (through work like, it's not something I'd do in a million years) so I have the exciting new dilemma of what colour to pick.

Sadly chocolate brown is not an option so I'm wondering what folks' preferences are.

Leaning towards 'digital teal green' which is a sort of aquamarine sort of colour, or white, which is cheaper and I always think, rightly or wrongly, makes it easier for people to see you coming.

Blue. Stop asking silly questions. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I would go dark grey which is what I had for my last car. However as I’m now looking for my next one I want a bit of an interesting colour. I love BMW’s Brooklyn Grey.

D7A30761-0195-427B-A196-19FC0E754ACA.jpeg

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

I would go dark grey which is what I had for my last car. However as I’m now looking for my next one I want a bit of an interesting colour. I love BMW’s Brooklyn Grey.

D7A30761-0195-427B-A196-19FC0E754ACA.jpeg

When that colour came out I remember people thinking it was a bit odd because it looked like primer, but I really like it now

Blue or red.

Grey is so 3 years ago plus it looks shit and it's for old folk to match their hair while they think it makes them look 'trendy' lol

White is rental car colour, and black is boring. 

Green or orange or yellow is for vegans.

Blue or red. Without a doubt. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Blue or red.

Grey is so 3 years ago plus it looks shit and it's for old folk to match their hair while they think it makes them look 'trendy' lol

White is rental car colour, and black is boring. 

Green or orange or yellow is for vegans.

Blue or red. Without a doubt. 

No red option.

One of the good things with white is that sometimes people think you're a police car

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

No red option.

One of the good things with white is that sometimes people think you're a police car

Blue it is then :cool:

White also has the distinct disadvantages of both looking dirty very quickly, and attracting insects. Plus it's incredibly common.

Bought my first new car ever a week ago. Wanted an EV and needed a car with a bit of space while not setting me back a huge amount (cars are stupidly expensive here), so there weren't many options to choose from which could deliver a car in 2022. Black MG 5 was the choice :ph34r: