Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

13 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

What do you mean by low quality? Is it lack of leather seats? Or do you think they're just a bit plasticy on the dash?

If it's the seats, most manufacturers are getting rid of leather to appear more environmentally friendly.

Just cheap looking all round. I'm not a snob, but I do believe a £50k car should feel like one.

I'm going to look at a genesis gv60 next as well as the Mustang 

• Like 1

Just now, kenny said:

Just cheap looking all round. I'm not a snob, but I do believe a £50k car should feel like one.

I'm going to look at a genesis gv60 next as well as the Mustang 

It's a fair point mate, if you're spending that much, definitely don't settle.

I'm quite intrigued about Genesis, please let me know how you get on and what you think.

From my understanding, it's Hyundai's attempt at breaking the luxury market, similar to how Lexus is Toyota's premium brand.

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It's a fair point mate, if you're spending that much, definitely don't settle.

I'm quite intrigued about Genesis, please let me know how you get on and what you think.

From my understanding, it's Hyundai's attempt at breaking the luxury market, similar to how Lexus is Toyota's premium brand.

Yep, not figured out how to test one yet as Hyundai don't have them.

Just now, kenny said:

Yep, not figured out how to test one yet as Hyundai don't have them.

Nobody at my old place, which included a main Hyundai dealer, knew anything about them lol

I think they had quite a mysterious release, with adverts that said they were only available in London initially. 

Would definitely be interested to know more about them.

Will it be like sitting in a posh Hyundai/Kia? 

I'd like to think it would be better, not that there's anything wrong with either of those brands, far from it. But they're almost identical inside with user interface and stuff.

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Nobody at my old place, which included a main Hyundai dealer, knew anything about them lol

I think they had quite a mysterious release, with adverts that said they were only available in London initially. 

Would definitely be interested to know more about them.

Will it be like sitting in a posh Hyundai/Kia? 

I'd like to think it would be better, not that there's anything wrong with either of those brands, far from it. But they're almost identical inside with user interface and stuff.

image.png.9a2a0677defea991cb3f6b59c3f858cb.png

The middle button is the same as Kia and Hyundai but the layout and upholstery at better if the photos are correct.

Cost wise it's on par with the Kia on a business lease.

3 minutes ago, kenny said:

image.png.9a2a0677defea991cb3f6b59c3f858cb.png

The middle button is the same as Kia and Hyundai but the layout and upholstery at better if the photos are correct.

Cost wise it's on par with the Kia on a business lease.

The Mustang rocks the I installed a massive aftermarket screen look. It's really poor design I reckon.

image.thumb.png.deef7c8bb8c7b3dd4d70317daf5318a9.png

3 minutes ago, kenny said:

The Mustang rocks the I installed a massive aftermarket screen look. It's really poor design I reckon.

Although personal choice, in my opinion, Ford's have always been really poorly designed inside.

Using the radio and satnav is so complicated, not user friendly at all.

12 minutes ago, kenny said:

Does look like someone has just stuck an ipad in there.

BMW were so far ahead of the game with thins like this, lovely integrated screens that looked at home. Mercedes looked like an afterthought and Audi had those awful flip up things.

Much better in the last 3 or 4 years though. I think Mercedes excelled with that screen that goes from behind the steering wheel all the way to the centre of the dash, similar to the photo of the Genesis you posted. Looks unreal.

9 hours ago, kenny said:

Test drove an ionic 5, id5 and an ev6 today.

None were amazing, but the id5 was the best on balance. Its the low quality interior that lets them down for me.

I did the Ionic 5 a few days ago, was very let down by the interior which is really shit considering how cool it looks from the outside.

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I did the Ionic 5 a few days ago, was very let down by the interior which is really shit considering how cool it looks from the outside.

Was it the styling or the quality you didn't like?

I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to either as at 6' 4" I'm always overly focused on whether I fit in the bloody thing or not (and if I do will anybody else?).

Some would say it's rash to order a car after sitting in it for around 30 seconds but it's not my money

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Was it the styling or the quality you didn't like?

I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to either as at 6' 4" I'm always overly focused on whether I fit in the bloody thing or not (and if I do will anybody else?).

Some would say it's rash to order a car after sitting in it for around 30 seconds but it's not my money

I think if it’s not you paying for it then fair enough but it was purely the seats for me. They reminded me of a cheap sofa and for that money I really expected more.

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Agree. It's very low grade compared to the others.

I would have no issue if it was 15-18k

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I think if it’s not you paying for it then fair enough but it was purely the seats for me. They reminded me of a cheap sofa and for that money I really expected more.

I think a big part of the problem is that the tech of electric vehicles is so bloody expensive that you have to pay premium prices anyway and if the rest of the car matched it,  it would cost an absolute fortune. I'm going for an Ioniq 5 mainly because it's the cheapest pure EV that's big enough, and it blows my mind that it's still 45 grand. 

It also helps me that we've never ever had a 'premium' brand car in the family,  so when most of my driving experience has been in Fords and Vauxhalls and the odd French or Japanese car, my expectations are pretty low!

30 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I think a big part of the problem is that the tech of electric vehicles is so bloody expensive that you have to pay premium prices anyway and if the rest of the car matched it,  it would cost an absolute fortune. I'm going for an Ioniq 5 mainly because it's the cheapest pure EV that's big enough, and it blows my mind that it's still 45 grand. 

It also helps me that we've never ever had a 'premium' brand car in the family,  so when most of my driving experience has been in Fords and Vauxhalls and the odd French or Japanese car, my expectations are pretty low!

It’s still a very nice car to be fair.

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

What's the general consensus about the Polestar?

Well I've not driven one but I know someone who came very close to getting one before opting for a BMW i4.

From what he says and what I've read it's basically pitched as a higher quality alternative to a Tesla Model 3, albeit not as quick and with a slightly shorter range. As with all these things,  it depends on your priorities what you go for. 

I've gone for the Ioniq for interior space and because I want to look like I'm driving Robocop's car,  other drivers may have given it more thought

1 hour ago, kenny said:

The Mustang is a class above everything else.

Decision made I think.

Test drove one this morning, enjoyed it. Systems down so didn’t let me place the order.

Probably didn’t get the same feeling I did in the Tesla Y but a very nice car.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Test drove one this morning, enjoyed it. Systems down so didn’t let me place the order.

Probably didn’t get the same feeling I did in the Tesla Y but a very nice car.

There was a proper Mustang in the showroom and it's £10k cheaper.

Shame about the slight issue of 12 mpg!

• Haha 1

Anyone recommend  where you can get cash for scrapping a car in Leicester?

My dads days of driving are  over and the state of his exterior bodywork on his car wouldn't warrant it worthy of selling(although interior is fine and drives ok) hence best option maybe to get it scrapped.