Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

@tom27111 I spoke to your mate Luke yesterday to get an update; I wasn't particularly arsed as there's nothing I can do about when it turns up, but my employer wanted to know so they can allow for when they're going to pay for it.

Been delayed a month to May, so no surprises there. Wouldn't be surprised if we get to a full year judging by other people's experiences. Luke was really nice though and I was impressed that he remembered me without any prompting considering I last spoke to him in August

• Like 1

On 06/01/2023 at 09:08, The Bear said:

Nice. Get some pics up later when you get it. 

Not the best quality photos as had to adjust them so they've become pixalated! Absolutely unreal to drive, 3.7s 0-60 but reviews suggest its quicker than the M3, but BMW wouldn't want their EV to be quicker than their flagship vehicle. 9.5/10!

Car 2.jpg

Car 1.jpg

Edited by Tommy G
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Very nice looking motor that mate. What's the inside like for tech and comforts? 

Full leather throughout, Its got the new iDrive 8, curved screen which is cool. Sport boost mode to get the full 536 bhp. Real range in this weather I have experienced so far is 210-220 miles on a full charge. It's got a proper boot which is a positive. Wireless charging. You can upgrade to 20in alloys but that reduces range as they are heavy. Its 4 wheel drive so sticks to the road well. No complaints so far and its costing me £51 a month in tax

• Like 1

On 14/01/2023 at 21:35, Manini said:

Signed and sealed on a new motor today. First time buying from a main dealer and the service was excellent, was dead surprised how much we got for part ex, and how willing they were to do a deal. We basically named a price per month and they threw money at us to get it over the line. 

How much are they paying you monthly for your new car?

1 hour ago, FOXYTALK said:

Any suggestions @tom27111, for a family SUV for circa 15k?

Big enough bootspace for a pushchair. Any recommendations welcome. 

Look at the Hyundai Tucson. Should be able to pick up a 4 year old vehicle for around your budget. 

1 hour ago, FOXYTALK said:

Slightly less than your budget but some good recommendations here...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

Tucson, Qashqai, Sportage, Kadjar are usually the go to cars.

There's a reason why they're so popular. 

Depends on how open you are to age and mileage really.

The Kuga could be worth a look too.

Edited by tom27111

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Tucson, Qashqai, Sportage, Kadjar are usually the go to cars.

There's a reason why they're so popular. 

Depends on how open you are to age and mileage really.

The Kuga could be worth a look too.

We have a susuki vitara and can't fault it. 2019, mid range version which has a few mod cons. 

Got that for under 15k last year with 30k on the clock. Fits a pram in with space for a few other bits

Anyone recommend any decent garages to get a full service & MOT that won't cost me a limb?

Ideally around LFE or West Leicester if possible!

The last few times I've gone to Formula One but since I last went I've had a few friends say they felt they got ripped off there so not sure where to try.

9 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Anyone recommend any decent garages to get a full service & MOT that won't cost me a limb?

Ideally around LFE or West Leicester if possible!

The last few times I've gone to Formula One but since I last went I've had a few friends say they felt they got ripped off there so not sure where to try.

I've not used them personally but STL on Fosse Road despite having a couple of dodgy reviews on Google (but then, who hasn't) has a very good reputation.They looked after my wife in a helpful not taking the piss way and a couple of mates swear by them.

Wilton Street garage might be too central for you but they're really good. Investigated a fault for me this very morning, and haven't even charged me for the simple remedy involved. Just got to walk back into town to pick the bloody thing up again...

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Anyone know the YouTuber Matt Armstrong? Leicester lad so someone must have crossed paths with him. 

Love his stuff, proper down to earth guy. The Lambo he's doing at the moment is wicked. 

I recently stumbled across him on YouTube. I didn't realise he was from Leicester until I watched one of his videos and his accent stood out. Couple of Leicester slang words and I just knew. After a little research I was right. Seems a decent lad. Done well for himself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Anyone know the YouTuber Matt Armstrong? Leicester lad so someone must have crossed paths with him. 

Love his stuff, proper down to earth guy. The Lambo he's doing at the moment is wicked. 

42 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

I recently stumbled across him on YouTube. I didn't realise he was from Leicester until I watched one of his videos and his accent stood out. Couple of Leicester slang words and I just knew. After a little research I was right. Seems a decent lad. Done well for himself. 

Same.

Stumbled across the 1st Lambo video on Facebook a few weeks ago. He has a great way of explaining things & comes across very well. Really really interesting stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Is it hard to change some fuses in a car?

I did a few in the New year so ANYONE can!.

Just read the manual where it is, which one and what type.

You'll have some near the drivers side and some under the bonnet.

There are micro fuses and all sort of amps and stuff!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's probably up there with refilling your wiper washer bottle as the easiest thing on a car you can do

Actually i really struggle to do that. How are you supposed to get a bottle of screenwash through a hole about the size of a pinhead sticking through the bonnet? To rub it in even more the hole is not even upright!!!! 😁

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

Actually i really struggle to do that. How are you supposed to get a bottle of screenwash through a hole about the size of a pinhead sticking through the bonnet? To rub it in even more the hole is not even upright!!!! 😁

I use a 20ml syringe and an 16 gauge needle. 

Takes a while. Don't do it when it's really cold

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

Screenshot_20230124-204833_Google.jpg

2 hours ago, Raj said:

I did a few in the New year so ANYONE can!.

Just read the manual where it is, which one and what type.

You'll have some near the drivers side and some under the bonnet.

There are micro fuses and all sort of amps and stuff!!

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

It's probably up there with refilling your wiper washer bottle as the easiest thing on a car you can do

Thanks guys am scared I might blow the car up or summit lol as I was just trying to change the roof light and all of sudden non of the door lights work now so am guessing it's the fuse, just got the car today as well :( am I just better of taking the car back to the garage people and be like hey I noticed this or be like hey I might be dumb but how do I turn on the lights lol

8 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Thanks guys am scared I might blow the car up or summit lol as I was just trying to change the roof light and all of sudden non of the door lights work now so am guessing it's the fuse, just got the car today as well :( am I just better of taking the car back to the garage people and be like hey I noticed this or be like hey I might be dumb but how do I turn on the lights lol

Yes if you just bought it today I would take it back :)

• Like 1