Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

12 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Tom! I've got a question for you. I'm not 100% sure but an item that was on the spec list for the 2023 model of that Ioniq 5 I ordered has been removed. When this happens do they usually compensate or do anything about it? It was something relatively expensive, worth about £400 when fitted as an option, supposedly 

You've not taken delivery yet, have you?

You should still have it on yours upon delivery.

Look on the spec list and you should see some very, very, small print, saying "effective from"

You ordered yours ages ago, that should be honoured and they'd know that at build date :thumbup:

12 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Looks like a single site, but big enough to know better.

To be fair, most retailers will review prices constantly and change them to reflect the market, especially with how volatile it is right now.

Worth a call to them and saying you'd consider it at their original price.

They've priced it like that to give themselves enough of a margin and it could be a complete coincidence that its jumped up as you've enquired, based on what other retailers are charging.

I'm guessing you had your eye on it because it was a decent price? 

Not being detrimental to you, they've seen others are charging more and priced accordingly. 

It literally does come down to "if they're charging that much, I will too"

It was a decent price tbf but also had the colour and features i wanted. If i had seen it at the current price before id still of been interested but it has just left abit of a sour taste and given me doubts whether id want to buy from a company like that. Like you said it might be a complete coincidence but just seems very dodgy

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

It was a decent price tbf but also had the colour and features i wanted. If i had seen it at the current price before id still of been interested but it has just left abit of a sour taste and given me doubts whether id want to buy from a company like that. Like you said it might be a complete coincidence but just seems very dodgy

Yeah, totally get your point of view.

Bloody annoying.

If they sell it at the original price, they're still making money.

Worth an enquiry and seeing what they say.

Another reason could be that they've done a thorough check of the car and it needed more prep work than they first anticipated. 

It happens if they've bought it in as a PX and workshop has given it a thorough going over.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You've not taken delivery yet, have you?

You should still have it on yours upon delivery.

Look on the spec list and you should see some very, very, small print, saying "effective from"

You ordered yours ages ago, that should be honoured and they'd know that at build date :thumbup:

I don't think it ever actually made it to manufacture, they said it would be introduced for the MY and then it got dropped after some technology problems 

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I don't think it ever actually made it to manufacture, they said it would be introduced for the MY and then it got dropped after some technology problems 

Tough one then, what feature was is it?

I mean, don't tell Luke I've told you this, but if it comes without it, you're certainly within your rights to argue about it and ask for a bit of money off.

Realistically, if its £400 worth, you're talking about £1 a month on a PCP, so really not worth the hassle. 

Frustrating if you're meant to have something you aren't getting though.

I'd have at least wanted a courtesy call explaining the issue, but if that hasn't been communicated from the manufacturer, the sales team can't do a lot.

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Tough one then, what feature was is it?

I mean, don't tell Luke I've told you this, but if it comes without it, you're certainly within your rights to argue about it and ask for a bit of money off.

Realistically, if its £400 worth, you're talking about £1 a month on a PCP, so really not worth the hassle. 

Frustrating if you're meant to have something you aren't getting though.

I'd have at least wanted a courtesy call explaining the issue, but if that hasn't been communicated from the manufacturer, the sales team can't do a lot.

It was a digital rear view mirror, which I think was being introduced as everyone was moaning about the absence of a rear wiper.

It was in the motoring press about it being added but it seems to have been very quietly removed from the spec list without many folk noticing, and that may have happened by the time I placed the order, in which case I've probably got no chance of anyone doing anything. It's a shame, it would've been a cool feature

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It was a digital rear view mirror, which I think was being introduced as everyone was moaning about the absence of a rear wiper.

It was in the motoring press about it being added but it seems to have been very quietly removed from the spec list without many folk noticing, and that may have happened by the time I placed the order, in which case I've probably got no chance of anyone doing anything. It's a shame, it would've been a cool feature

Hmmm strange one mate.

Worth asking about at the dealer.

I think I read on this thread a long while ago that the lack of a rear wiper was annoying.

Don't really know what else to say about it.

Spec changes are quite common, but not things that quietly disappear, like that.

At Peugeot, they'd make small changes every few months, but it was always specified what you'd get if you ordered it by a certain date.

Things like panoramic roofs, heated seats, charging plates...

They'd become an optional extra on the ordering system automatically though.

The weirdest one I ever saw was the top of the range removing heated seats and charging £450 for the pleasure, but the model below adding them at no extra cost lol

• Like 1

Can anyone recomend a decent garage in the Leicester/Charnwood area that knows a thing or two about power steering?

I've recently had a pump replaced but since then I have been getting air in the system. The garage I go to can't resolve the issue, and I need it back on the road in a driveable condition sooner rather then later. Its a merc.

Edited by adam1

3 hours ago, adam1 said:

Can anyone recomend a decent garage in the Leicester/Charnwood area that knows a thing or two about power steering?

I've recently had a pump replaced but since then I have been getting air in the system. The garage I go to can't resolve the issue, and I need it back on the road in a driveable condition sooner rather then later. Its a merc.

We've used KCR in Whitwick since we moved here. Always been very good with any issues we've had. None of which were power steering, but they sorted out a long-standing issue with the air con on my Jaguar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts or knowledge on why a PPF would carbonise? Our engine light (amber) came on last year and when the garage investigated, the diagnosis was due to a carbonised PPF. If you've a diesel and do low mileage / lots of short journeys, I know this can happen. A petrol version shouldn't experience this issue (according to t'interweb) as they run hotter and burn off the soot efficiently.

A week ago, the engine light came on again. It's booked in for next week and if we receive the same reply I'd like to be armed with more info than last time.

We've had a persistent fault with the Eco stop/start since we bought it last year, it went back for that in the first week. I think there is a fault which is all connected.  Warranty expires at the end of May, so really want it sorted once and for all.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

If an advisory is on an MOT test from say a year ago and isnt on the one afterwards, does that mean the advisory has been fixed? Or does the advisory keep showing up until its been resolved?

I would say it's been resolved otherwise it would be on the more recent MOT as well. I had an advisory for something mileage related for about 3 years once, I didn't do enough miles for it to need doing until that point, so every year I had the same advisory on the test until it was done.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I would say it's been resolved otherwise it would be on the more recent MOT as well. I had an advisory for something mileage related for about 3 years once, I didn't do enough miles for it to need doing until that point, so every year I had the same advisory on the test until it was done.

Thanks, saw it on a car I was looking at buying. Related to tyres so hopefully that just means its been resooved or the tyres have been replaced.

48 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

I bought a car about 8 years ago and every previous Mot for 3 years had the same advisory, screw in tire. So I checked and it still had a screw in tire. Tosser. Expensive f**King tires too! 

Ffs, who drives around for 3 years with a screw in their tyre?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Ffs, who drives around for 3 years with a screw in their tyre?

Exactly! Surely the Mot station would have said something about it. There is nothing worse then going to put air in tyres, especially every other day. I changed all 4 within a week of buying it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone visit the classic car and restoration show last weekend at the NEC?

Great day. Fascinating. Incredible how some cars come from barn finds to a full restoration.

And some of the classic vehicles available at the auction.

If only... 

On 17/03/2023 at 10:57, Nalis said:

If an advisory is on an MOT test from say a year ago and isnt on the one afterwards, does that mean the advisory has been fixed? Or does the advisory keep showing up until its been resolved?

No, its not guaranteed. Depends on the tester

Ive had known issues on advisories before (like rust on subframe), not put their the next year

• Like 1