Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

14 hours ago, Izzy said:

Some on here will know that my old Jag is my pride and joy and I've every intention of keeping it for years. I spent Saturday detailing it as it's due it's service and MOT next week (sad I know but I always like to take it there looking pukka so they treat it well :thumbup:)

Imagine my joy this afternoon when I literally drive from my house around the corner to the t-junction of the main road, pull up behind a Landrover Disco and leave a couple of meters gap. 

The disco driver then decides to put theirs into reverse so I honk my horn. They continue reversing and by the time I've selected reverse on my selector they've gone straight into me. The driver gets out and doesn't even apologize saying she's late to pick her daughter up from school, got fed up waiting at the junction so decided to turn around. She then looks at my car and says "yours looks fine" so I look it and say "No, I think you'll find it's a write off".

Just a bit of paint transfer on her disco bumper but mine's fvcked. It's about three inches out of line where the passenger side has been pushed back in and the bonnet won't close. The chassis is cracked by the air intake so it looks structural to me.

Gutted :(

Ah feel for you! Some people are just baffoons. The selfishness of the woman is shocking, but unfortunately not uncommon these days. 

Makes you wonder what goes through people's heads sometimes 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Just seen the press launch for the new A5 and S5, they are doing an S5 avant which looks unreal. Looks like Audi A4 is going full electric. 

They've updated their naming convention, going forwards all even numbers are EVs and odd numbers are ICE. The S5 Avant is what would previously have been called the S4 Avant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/07/2024 at 17:36, Izzy said:

Some on here will know that my old Jag is my pride and joy and I've every intention of keeping it for years. I spent Saturday detailing it as it's due it's service and MOT next week (sad I know but I always like to take it there looking pukka so they treat it well :thumbup:)

Imagine my joy this afternoon when I literally drive from my house around the corner to the t-junction of the main road, pull up behind a Landrover Disco and leave a couple of meters gap. 

The disco driver then decides to put theirs into reverse so I honk my horn. They continue reversing and by the time I've selected reverse on my selector they've gone straight into me. The driver gets out and doesn't even apologize saying she's late to pick her daughter up from school, got fed up waiting at the junction so decided to turn around. She then looks at my car and says "yours looks fine" so I look it and say "No, I think you'll find it's a write off".

Just a bit of paint transfer on her disco bumper but mine's fvcked. It's about three inches out of line where the passenger side has been pushed back in and the bonnet won't close. The chassis is cracked by the air intake so it looks structural to me.

Gutted :(

Just be careful with the responsibility bit Muzzet ..  Mrs CF was hit a while back and all was well until the lady who hit here did a full 180 and said it wasn’t her fault. 

Try and get some evidence (from the passenger maybe) or from pics, or her confirming in writing that prove things 100%

• Thanks 1

long shot but has anyone used camp mode in their Tesla? trying it out tonight but slightly worried about how loud the HVAC system is from outside the car, don't want to be an obnoxious **** in a field next to lot of tents 

10 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

long shot but has anyone used camp mode in their Tesla? trying it out tonight but slightly worried about how loud the HVAC system is from outside the car, don't want to be an obnoxious **** in a field next to lot of tents 

I shouldn't think it'll be very loud. Even when my climate is on full blast you can hear it but just sounds like a slightly loud fan. 

If its running occasionally to keep things cool it won't be very loud at all. 

You'll probably get better info at TMC - https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/forums/the-uk-and-ireland.114/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I shouldn't think it'll be very loud. Even when my climate is on full blast you can hear it but just sounds like a slightly loud fan. 

If its running occasionally to keep things cool it won't be very loud at all. 

You'll probably get better info at TMC - https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/forums/the-uk-and-ireland.114/

hoping not.. worse case can always turn camp mode off if needs be! great will take a look 

4 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

hoping not.. worse case can always turn camp mode off if needs be! great will take a look 

Dog Mode is another option, and then vent the windows via the app. That should allow cool air in and keep the doors locked without the alarm going off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Dog Mode is another option, and then vent the windows via the app. That should allow cool air in and keep the doors locked without the alarm going off. 

yep i was thinking that actually.. probably be easier just putting a tent up 🤣 i think it's the novelty and ease that is making it appealing 

11 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

yep i was thinking that actually.. probably be easier just putting a tent up 🤣 i think it's the novelty and ease that is making it appealing 

Unless you need the electrics on better to just crack the windows open. Or just put the fans on 1.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Just had my car delivered back from the Jag approved repairers and thankfully it's looking mint. Nearly £7k worth of work done but delighted that LV authorized it all and didn't write it off. 

Must say that despite my initial anger and frustration, the whole process has been seamless from start to finish. Enjoyed driving the Mercedes CLA hire car for the last 11 days but happy to have mine back in one piece again.

I know insurance companies get a bad rep and the costs are going up, but nothing but praise for LV from me - they've been outstanding. 

Pics?

14 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Pics?

Not the best photos but hopefully you get the jist!

Before and after:

before 1.jpg

before 2.jpg

after 1.jpg

after 2.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

Before and after:

before 1.jpg

before 2.jpg

after 1.jpg

after 2.jpg

Sexy, love green on a jag it's boss! 

Last time I was in england my uncle in Gloucester had one of these  and drove us around in it. Beautiful car, beautiful scenery.

Enjoy taking care of your baby!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Before and after:

before 1.jpg

before 2.jpg

after 1.jpg

after 2.jpg

Glad you've got it all sorted mate.

I take it the family have lost you for the whole weekend while you do some detailing?! 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Izzy said:

Just had my car delivered back from the Jag approved repairers and thankfully it's looking mint. Nearly £7k worth of work done but delighted that LV authorized it all and didn't write it off. 

Must say that despite my initial anger and frustration, the whole process has been seamless from start to finish. Enjoyed driving the Mercedes CLA hire car for the last 11 days but happy to have mine back in one piece again.

I know insurance companies get a bad rep and the costs are going up, but nothing but praise for LV from me - they've been outstanding. 

I'm always pleased to hear about a repair being done properly. 

I've had/seen so many that have been shite that sometimes you begin to wonder if it's possible for a good job to be done

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm always pleased to hear about a repair being done properly. 

I've had/seen so many that have been shite that sometimes you begin to wonder if it's possible for a good job to be done

Yeah, me too!

Although I had to be quite insistent that my car went to a Jag approved repairer. The insurer initially told be it would go to a local garage but I wasn't comfortable with that and said I'd only let it be fixed by an authorized Jag garage.

They suggested a Jag approved place that was an hour and a half away from me so I went on Google and checked their reviews first. Once I was happy that I thought they'd do a good job to the right standard with original Jag parts etc, I gave them the go ahead.

My car was collected and returned to me on completion and the process was easy. I guess the moral of the story is if it's not your fault and the other persons insurance is paying, you've got every right to demand that a proper job is done.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Although I had to be quite insistent that my car went to a Jag approved repairer.

That's the key IMO. A proper garage who has experience with your car and knows what they're doing. 

I did the same with my Tesla and they did a great job. And like yours you can't even see that it's ever been pranged.

Although it meant handing over the whole thing to a claims handling company to get that level of service, as my insurance wanted to spend as little money as possible. That cost the insurance more money but I was within my rights to do so.

Glad to hear LV did a good job in this case. 

• Like 1

Anyone with any experience using the likes of Cinch to buy a car?

Looking to go electric, but can't justify buying brand new for something with decent range. Seems like some decent PCP deals available, for some low mileage cars. Likely won't be trading in my current car either. 

1 hour ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Looking to go electric, but can't justify buying brand new for something with decent range. Seems like some decent PCP deals available, for some low mileage cars. Likely won't be trading in my current car either. 

@tom27111  in....... 5...4.... 3... 2

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Górnik Leicester said:

I've got some cheap Ariya's. Special offers on PCP at the minute!