Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

4 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I've got some cheap Ariya's. Special offers on PCP at the minute!

Still likely out of my price range.

Just looking at something small and cheap, like a Zoe or a Leaf. Some decent-looking ones at around the 13-14k mark. Can charge at work for free, so factoring in the PCP costs it'd cost around £80 a month extra to run than my current, 10-year-old ICE car. 

11 minutes ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Still likely out of my price range.

Just looking at something small and cheap, like a Zoe or a Leaf. Some decent-looking ones at around the 13-14k mark. Can charge at work for free, so factoring in the PCP costs it'd cost around £80 a month extra to run than my current, 10-year-old ICE car. 

https://www.glynhopkin.com/used-cars/?manufacturer[0]=Nissan&model[0]=LEAF&sortParams[0][fieldName]=currentPrice&sortParams[0][direction]=asc&currentPage=2&nfcSearchVersion=1.0.0

See if anything there takes your fancy. We've got 3 year old top spec Leaf's (Leaves? lol) really cheap.

They'd have retailed over 35k brand new. 

A PCP on a brand new EV makes no financial sense at all, but a used one, 3 years old, is perfect. You get a lot of car for your money and the depreciation has already hit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen an A Class that is only 16 months old that I might buy this weekend. Not having bought a car for long while would I be best to wait til Sept when new registrations come out or the end of the month to try and get a better deal?

7 hours ago, stretch1965 said:

I've seen an A Class that is only 16 months old that I might buy this weekend. Not having bought a car for long while would I be best to wait til Sept when new registrations come out or the end of the month to try and get a better deal?

No, doesn't have a knock on effect to used car prices.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Milo said:

Big shout out to @tom27111 for his help with our new car. 

Cracking deal on a demo Ariya - more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at and drives beautifully. Wife needed a new car and I really wouldn’t have considered the Ariya - but it’s perfect. 

Top work, mate, and thanks again. 

IMG_0788.thumb.jpeg.27cddd7129690105d9fcae882c59577c.jpeg

Anytime mate, youre very welcome. My first FT sale!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Milo said:

Big shout out to @tom27111 for his help with our new car. 

Cracking deal on a demo Ariya - more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at and drives beautifully. Wife needed a new car and I really wouldn’t have considered the Ariya - but it’s perfect. 

Top work, mate, and thanks again. 

IMG_0788.thumb.jpeg.27cddd7129690105d9fcae882c59577c.jpeg

Very nice mate 

(P.S. you need to water your plants, they're dying)

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone with any experience putting a personalised number plate on a car via post, and how long it takes? 

Went to do it online, but couldn't - I think because the car had been untaxed whilst at the dealers. Had to send off via snail mail.

Also assuming you have to wait for the confirmation via post before sticking the new plates on the car, whereas online it is instant. 

Anyone got any experience with a Mini Cooper S EV?  I picked one up today to transfer to another dealer on Monday with 85% remaining charge and about 90 miles range.  Stopped to charge on the way home and it is now sat on my drive with 58% charge and 61 miles range.  This means roughly 1% charge = 1 mile range so keeping it between 20% and 80% charge gives a useable range of 60 miles.  This was driving in green+ mode (no air con etc) and 20 degrees outside so goodness knows what it would be in freezing temperatures.  Added to which who wants to drive a Cooper S in anything but Sport mode.

Is this normal or is the battery fúcked?

On 06/09/2024 at 19:04, Górnik Leicester said:

Anyone with any experience putting a personalised number plate on a car via post, and how long it takes? 

Went to do it online, but couldn't - I think because the car had been untaxed whilst at the dealers. Had to send off via snail mail.

Also assuming you have to wait for the confirmation via post before sticking the new plates on the car, whereas online it is instant. 

You should get something back within about 5 days.

Have you received the new v5c in your name? Because you should have been able to do it without a problem online.

22 hours ago, CUJimmy said:

Anyone got any experience with a Mini Cooper S EV?  I picked one up today to transfer to another dealer on Monday with 85% remaining charge and about 90 miles range.  Stopped to charge on the way home and it is now sat on my drive with 58% charge and 61 miles range.  This means roughly 1% charge = 1 mile range so keeping it between 20% and 80% charge gives a useable range of 60 miles.  This was driving in green+ mode (no air con etc) and 20 degrees outside so goodness knows what it would be in freezing temperatures.  Added to which who wants to drive a Cooper S in anything but Sport mode.

Is this normal or is the battery fúcked?

Someone has probably ragged the absolute bollocks out of it.

Pretty standard in EV's if they're not driven properly. Our Ariya at work was showing a really short range because people on test drives drive it like they stole it.

Needs plugging in and resetting.

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You should get something back within about 5 days.

Have you received the new v5c in your name? Because you should have been able to do it without a problem online.

Received the V5C and tried to apply the new plate online, but said it couldn't be done. Sent it off Monday, and was signed for by the DVLA on Wednesday. 

2 minutes ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Received the V5C and tried to apply the new plate online, but said it couldn't be done. Sent it off Monday, and was signed for by the DVLA on Wednesday. 

You didn't try to do it in the evening did you?

I've never got my head around this, but the automated DVLA website closes at 7pm lol

Should be back with you sometime in the coming week though 

Edited by tom27111

19 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You didn't try to do it in the evening did you?

I've never got my head around this, but the automated DVLA website closes at 7pm lol

Should be back with you sometime in the coming week though 

It was 6ish. Did come up with a message (and a countdown) saying it needed to be completed before the website closed.🙈

• Haha 1

Haha - not at all true. 

Car is epic. As I said previously, it’s not something I would have considered had @tom27111 not mentioned it. 

It’s perfect. Spec’d up to the eyeballs and runs like a dream. Use it more than I use mine, now. 

• Like 1