Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

1 hour ago, danny. said:

Think it was 9 months. Kia Soul First Edition, it’s not a fashionable brand but I really like it and brilliant for the money. I’ve had 3 Kia’s now and the quality is brilliant, better than the last Mercedes I had anyway! I found a decent deal online and got my local dealer to match it. 

I don’t do loads of driving so the range is fine for me, in fact way more convenient to just plug in at home than go to a petrol station. 

And there's nowt wrong with a Kia!

Sister company to Hyundai, practically the same inside. Both companies have big market shares.

I had a couple of Kia's as demo cars in one of my old jobs, the value for money is ridiculous. 

Most come with all the toys.

They're mainly known for the Sportage, which is a great value for money SUV.

Those South Koreans are real pioneers and have mixed it with the traditional big boys.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, danny. said:

I pay £209/mo for mine on lease, no tax, no MOT, no tyres, £7 to fill up (before silly electricity prices, hopefully they go back down) for ~280 miles. It’s hardly rich person money. 

No disrespect  I'm old skool and I've never leased a car as akin to renting a house I feel it's dead money so I'd never look at such deals.

But like other5 have said hopefully  over a period of time EV prices do go down

16 hours ago, tom27111 said:

It's also worth considering the fuel and tax saving.

High up front cost leads to lower outgoings in the long term.

The tax savings surely won't last forever though as sooner or later, as the proportion of electric cars gets higher, the government will need to find that missing fuel and vehicle tax revenue from somewhere. My guess is they'll make black boxes compulsory and we'll be charged per mile based on some sort of 'value factor' your car is (what I mean is an S class Mercedes should cost more to run than a Toyota Yaris) and I'm sure they'd love us all to have black boxes. Also they might be giving people a break on vehicle tax for now to help get the ball rolling but I doubt that'll last forever.

Edited by RoyalBlueGaz

On 02/03/2022 at 18:29, tom27111 said:

Alfa Romeo Guilia Veloce 

18 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Bought this home for the weekend as my car is out on loan with a customer. 

I'll have to find something else on Monday, I can't deal with 22mpg lol

Would love one in the summer, you can unbolt the roof and doors!

Needs a petrol tanker in tow though.

Screenshot_20220305-182633_Gallery.jpg

You’re living the dream ain’t ya !!    :thumbup:

Can you get me one of those blue things but in a drab (maybe green) colour with a winch fitted in the back and with a massive mates rate discount ????

31 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

You’re living the dream ain’t ya !!    :thumbup:

Can you get me one of those blue things but in a drab (maybe green) colour with a winch fitted in the back and with a massive mates rate discount ????

I can try! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Raj said:

No disrespect  I'm old skool and I've never leased a car as akin to renting a house I feel it's dead money so I'd never look at such deals.

You can’t really compare cars and houses. Houses go up in value over time, cars go down. You are going to spend money every month on a car whatever you do, either via a lease, PCP or if you buy it - it will depreciate.

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Followed a Cupra Formentor(?) on my way home from work, very nice looking car

I can sort you out with one lol

Interesting that Seat and Cupra have become completely independent brands now.

Looks like Seat will be going down to a 2 or 3 car range shortly.

Lead times for new cars aren't great, but Seat is ridiculous. If you've ordered a Leon in the last few months, chances are it won't ever be made. Seems VAG are putting their small supply of semi conductors in to other cars. 

Could even see Seat die out completely. VW, Skoda, Audi and Cupra will still continue.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting what Hyundai are now offering. The Mocean is a monthly payment scheme, including all insurance, breakdown etc, with the option to change cars every 6 months. 

It’s not a bad price at all either. Interesting concept, I might upgrade the wife’s car using this to be honest.

24 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s not a bad price at all either. Interesting concept, I might upgrade the wife’s car using this to be honest.

Really interesting, especially for those who like to change car often. Guess it's a good way to get repeat customers and makes it easy to have all your insurance etc in one place. Especially with the way the used car market is looking

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really interesting, especially for those who like to change car often. Guess it's a good way to get repeat customers and makes it easy to have all your insurance etc in one place. Especially with the way the used car market is looking

Yeah that’s what’s I’m thinking, you can get it cheaper if you swap every 2 years and her car will never be worth more.

Trouble is the Tucson isn’t available yet, so I’ll have to wait until it is.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah that’s what’s I’m thinking, you can get it cheaper if you swap every 2 years and her car will never be worth more.

Trouble is the Tucson isn’t available yet, so I’ll have to wait until it is.

Seems on the expensive side to me. We pay £292 for a leased 3008 including maintenance. Insurance is less that £70 per month.

On 06/03/2022 at 08:28, Raj said:

But isn't buying any car dead money it is one of the worst return on investments you can have, leasing a car essentially pays for the depreciation. If you buy a new car with cash and no loan it is still going to lose x amount per month depreciation? 

53 minutes ago, kenny said:

Its been a good car so far. It only has to last 18 months more then it goes back.

Has considerably less faults than my BMW.....

Fair enough, I’ve had nothing but problems from them in the past. Once bitten and all that.

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Fair enough, I’ve had nothing but problems from them in the past. Once bitten and all that.

Doubt i'll have another BMW. Thats more down to cost vs value more than anything.

On a 3 year lease with paid for maintenance then how much trouble can a new car possibly be! That being said, the 3008 has been a good find.

10 minutes ago, kenny said:

Doubt i'll have another BMW. Thats more down to cost vs value more than anything.

On a 3 year lease with paid for maintenance then how much trouble can a new car possibly be! That being said, the 3008 has been a good find.

What mileage allowance is with that? It does seem reasonable if you take personal taste out of the equation.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What mileage allowance is with that? It does seem reasonable if you take personal taste out of the equation.

8k per year I think for the top of the range model.

She does hardly any though.

Always look for the ones 'in stock'. You get a good deal and quickly as the car is built ready to go, though the colour is rank. I checked Rivervale and they have the below options, I have had a Qashqai and £ for £ is the best value car I have had.

image.thumb.png.6961d2cf3df954c1fdeaca0854c74fcd.png

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JonnyBoy said:

But isn't buying any car dead money it is one of the worst return on investments you can have, leasing a car essentially pays for the depreciation. If you buy a new car with cash and no loan it is still going to lose x amount per month depreciation? 

@tom27111??? Whatcha  reckon?

14 minutes ago, Raj said:

@tom27111??? Whatcha  reckon?

Depends on your situation.

Leasing a car, you'll never build up any equity. You'll pay a deposit and monthly rental, then hand the car back and start again.

PCP/HP both also have different benefits, depending how long you want to keep your car, but after 2/3/4 years, depending on the term you took out, you'll often have built up equity that you can use as a deposit for your next car.

Buy cash and it's your asset to do as you please with. Although most cash purchases are made with bank loans, which isn't a sensible option for a variety of reasons.

Yes they depreciate, but if you get the right deal, it still represents value for money.

You need to work out what works out the best for you individually, everyone is different.

The last 18 months has been a real anomoly, the value of a used car has gone up by around 40%. If you'd bought a car in September 2020, chances are it's worth more than you paid for it now. But that's offset if you sell it, because replacing it will cost you more, unless you're prepared to wait up to 9 months for a brand new car, by which time, the second hand market could crash.

Or, if you don't need to replace it, cash in.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kenny said:

8k per year I think for the top of the range model.

She does hardly any though.

Always look for the ones 'in stock'. You get a good deal and quickly as the car is built ready to go, though the colour is rank. I checked Rivervale and they have the below options, I have had a Qashqai and £ for £ is the best value car I have had.

image.thumb.png.6961d2cf3df954c1fdeaca0854c74fcd.png

Last question I promise, did you put a deposit down on that?