Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Ps4 upgrade

I did it as soon as i got my console, so it was a clean hard drive anyway,  I suppose you could use the cloud for save files and then re install the games you want to play OR copy the saves over with a usb or hard drive

I did the same as my man glc. Put a new 1tb 7200rpm hdd in as soon as I got mine. There are a few websites with comparisons on. I think when I got mine have the extra speed had quite an effect on the loading times of the game 'thief' but just like one second different on others

I put a 2tb in mine & no problems

Did you do it from new? Or did you transfer over all your saved files? I know there are videos on YouTube just trying to gauge from actual people not youtubers how have a bit more savvy when it comes to this type of thing

I did it myself not so long ago, it's surprisingly easy and actually swapping the hard drives only takes a minute or two. The only lengthy parts are downloading the update file and then re-downloading all your saved data, but I guess that depends on how good your internet is. If you're worried at all there's countless guides on the internet to look at, makes it all very straightforward.

If you have PS+ then the only thing you need to worry about is re- downloading the games. All saves are in the cloud. Think 6gb is largest size you can do up to. 2gb is enough for me as I just erase the whole games and the library remembers I have them if I need them.

Archived