Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rmahrez

Soccer Manager

http://www.soccermanager.com/index.php?

For those who haven't heard of it, Soccer Manager is a free online football management game where you take over a real team and control transfers and tactics, competing with other players. I thought it would be a good idea to try and get a forum league going.

The game starts with a transfer window, where you can trade and buy players from other managers or from unmanaged clubs. The season will then begin, with 3 games a week happening and the team with the best squad, tactics and a bit of luck coming out on top.

I will set up an international game, meaning any club in the world can be chosen to participate in two divisions of 20 clubs managed by users (40 spots). When si
gning up you will need to post the team you wish to participate as, as well as a preferred division if you have one. If not I can randomly draw these. You are free to pick your team, as I will enable high transfer budgets for all clubs, so all clubs will be able to compete for top players.

In conclusion it's not time consuming, and it's enjoyable (especially of FM or FIFA Career mode fans) so don't hesitate to sign up even if you are a first time player. Feel free to ask questions as well, I'm happy to explain.

Signup Form

User:

Preferred Team:

Division 1 or 2:

You will also need to personal message your e-mail to me so I can add you to the league.

Rules

After signing up below, go onto the website and register your account using the email you sent me, so I can add you to the league. You will gain an activation link in your email once the sign ups are closed. 

Games are played 3 times in a week and covers a full season of matches, where teams play against each other twice. Each game Is played at 8PM GMT.

- Performances are based on player ratings, their overall condition and the team morale
- A player can get annoyed if not picked often for the teams league matches
- Each team starts with £250 million
- Players get tired when they play, if they play with low condition they will play worse 
- Player ratings go up as high as 99 and are based and adjusted on real life performances and progression so 
buying youth is a viable strategy
- There are 32 available formations and a variety of team instructions you can employ, use the one that allows your strongest players to play
- There are two transfer windows each season, one between Games 1-8 and one between Games 16-24

- You can have 3 substitutions during a match, use them wisely
- You must log into your account each 14th day or you will get sacked by the clubs board
- Any dubious foul play or breaking the rules will result in a transfer ban for the whole season

- After making a bid on a player from a team outside the 2 divisions the transfer will get accepted 24 hours later, and the team offering the most will get the player
- You can loan players throughout the whole season

- Buying players from unmanaged clubs within the two divisions is a reportable offense

Participants

Division 1

1. Man City (DB11)
  2. Arsenal (dominicmsb)
  3. Dortmund (rmahrez)

Division 2

1. Leicester (fatmando)

Do you have to use the website or can it be used from an app on your phone?

Are the players real?

I've done this before but can't remember

I'll give this a go, but 40 seems optimistic lol

Preferred Team: Manchester City

Division: 1

What's the Gameworld id number?

Do you have to use the website or can it be used from an app on your phone?

I'll give this a go, but 40 seems optimistic lol

Preferred Team: Manchester City

Division: 1

You can use either (the app you download is called Soccer Manager Worlds, not the single player one).

Worth having extra space in case enough people want to play. If not though I can always just put everyone in one division.

You can use either (the app you download is called Soccer Manager Worlds, not the single player one).

Worth having extra space in case enough people want to play. If not though I can always just put everyone in one division.

What's the gameworld ID to join?

What's the Gameworld id number?

I'll send this out once everyone has chosen a team who wants to, as I will need to add the teams people want to play as to the divisions so they can be claimed. I will send the ID number to people via their soccermanager account, which is why I need peoples e-mails messaging to me.

Edit: The players are real and their ratings are based on real-life, to answer your other question.

I'll take Arsenal. 40 does seem optimistic. How long til we get the ID?

I'll do the ID in a few days or so when we have a few more players.

There's also an option for two divisions of 8, so 16 spots in total. I'll aim for that, as it doesn't look like we're going to get over 20 at the moment.

6 teams now, 3 spots left in division 1. Remember to send in your soccermanager email if you haven't already guys.

Division 1

1. Man City (DB11)
  2. Arsenal (dominicmsb)
  3. Dortmund (rmahrez)
  4. Chelsea (aaron0072002uk)
  5. Real Madrid (Beliall)

Division 2

1. Leicester (fatmando)

That's two more spaces in division 1 left and seven in division 2. Would be good to try and get this filled.

Planning on opening the gameworld on wednesday next week so people have until then to sign up. If not all spots are filled I will pick the remaining teams and these will be controlled by a computer until someone wants to claim them.

Yeah that's fine both of you. I'll set up the game at 6PM so any last minute signups can happen. Currently the picture is:

Division 1

1. Man City (DB11)
  2. PSG (dominicmsb)
  3. Dortmund (rmahrez)
  4. Chelsea (aaron0072002uk)
  5. Real Madrid (Beliall)
  6. Juventus (foxfanazer)
  7. Barcelona (Bakey)

Division 2

1. Leicester (fatmando)

Can I suggest just moving Leicester to division one lol

Yeah done this seems like we are only getting 8 to begin with. People can still join the game they will just have a limited choice of clubs.

Sent out invitations for those who gave me their SM email. For others, the Game ID is 291869.

I'm up for this. I'll be Atletico if possible.

EDIT: Looks like we won't have enough for a 2nd tier.

The second tier exists whatever happens, it'll just be computers controlling if no humans take control. So feel free to use the Game ID and sign up as Atletico in D2.

Archived