Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

Thought the contact on Vardy could have been a penalty but he didn't need to embellish it.

Was a bit like Okazaki when he often theatrically falls when he feels contact anywhere on the pitch.

Good to get the point today but may need to get something at Old Trafford - but hey, what's wrong with that?

Always disliked Moss. That Forest performance still annoys me. He shouldn't be refereeing top level football, if any level at all! Total inconsistency this its not often both sets of fans criticise the referee.

West Ham were everything I expected - caused us problems and were very physical. But I thought were dug in well with 10 and totally deserved a point.

Vardy dived for me but he's got to be booking their players for diving too.

If the ref isn't a Spurs fan, and there was no bias, and today is just a bad day, he should never ref a game above Sunday league again.

I hope city appeal the vardy sending off, first wasn't a booking, the second if not a penalty, it's a just get on with it moment, but he couldn't wait to give it.

We are top of the league, and shouldn't have to talk about a poor ref, us and Spurs need refs who can handle the big games.

The facts

Vardy is running forwards

Vardy decided to throw his leg into Ogbonna (let's assume to cause contact and make it look like a foul)

Vardy slows right down then swan dives forward upon contact

Vardy claims it's pen, trying to con the ref.

It's about the only decision he got right all afternoon mind.

If you think the defender touching his shirt means his legs should jerk out towards to the player and cause that kind of reaction, then I think you're being incredibly biased.

Pretty sure there'll be more rational thoughts on the game tomorrow anyway when everyone has calmed down and processed the game.

Absolutely huge point for us anyway. Fantastic composure by Leo who has won is 4 points in the last minutes of games recently. Hopefully Vardy and back and raring to go for United away. I need some Vardy goals for my bet!

You totally missed the whole hand on the shoulder as Vardy gets passed the defender. So clearly, your opinion is void.

The facts

Vardy is running forwards

Vardy decided to throw his leg into Ogbonna (let's assume to cause contact and make it look like a foul)

Vardy slows right down then swan dives forward upon contact

Vardy claims it's pen, trying to con the ref.

It's about the only decision he got right all afternoon mind.

If you think the defender touching his shirt means his legs should jerk out towards to the player and cause that kind of reaction, then I think you're being incredibly biased.

Pretty sure there'll be more rational thoughts on the game tomorrow anyway when everyone has calmed down and processed the game.

Absolutely huge point for us anyway. Fantastic composure by Leo who has won is 4 points in the last minutes of games recently. Hopefully Vardy and back and raring to go for United away. I need some Vardy goals for my bet!

You totally missed the whole hand on the shoulder as Vardy gets passed the defender. So clearly, your opinion is void.

Just watched highlights after 'dying' at least three times during the game. Heart can't take it much more.

1. Initially I thought Vards made a meal of it, I still think he was a bit theatrical, but there was a tangle of legs. Ref should have said 'get on with it'. Unlikely to be rescinded though, so plan B needed for Swansea.

2. Their pen was a disgrace. Not in a million years.

3. Our pen, Carroll did shove Jeff, seen them given. Happy it was.

Stunning to get something from a game that seemed to conspire against us. Ice cool Leo. Nice one.

Half tempted to go to Stole now to support the Potters. Let's hope Hughesy gets them up for it.

Jonathan Moss - I thought you couldn't better your performance when we faced Forest in the 2-2 draw that day, but bravo, you genuinely are without shadow of a doubt the biggest ****wit I think we must have ever had referee one of our matches. My father, a man of mild manners - like me usually - even swore because of your wonderful conduct out on that pitch today. An inspiration to professionals the world over. No, seriously - don't thank me.

Bravo sir...

Gold star!  :appl:

The hand on the shoulder you talk about played absolutely no part in the tangle of legs that was totally instigated by Vardy.

Having said that, it WAS a tangle, and the decision really should have just been play on, no penalty, no dive. Just play on.

The hand on the shoulder you talk about played absolutely no part in the tangle of legs that was totally instigated by Vardy.

Having said that, it WAS a tangle, and the decision really should have just been play on, no penalty, no dive. Just play on.

Pulled him back into him

Just watched highlights after 'dying' at least three times during the game. Heart can't take it much more.

1. Initially I thought Vards made a meal of it, I still think he was a bit theatrical, but there was a tangle of legs. Ref should have said 'get on with it'. Unlikely to be rescinded though, so plan B needed for Swansea.

2. Their pen was a disgrace. Not in a million years.

3. Our pen, Carroll did shove Jeff, seen them given. Happy it was.

Stunning to get something from a game that seemed to conspire against us. Ice cool Leo. Nice one.

Half tempted to go to Stole now to support the Potters. Let's hope Hughesy gets them up for it.

Their pen was not a disgrace if taken in isolation, it was probably a foul, and considering there was lots of grappling going on throughout the game, Our defenders could have done the sensible thing when they knew they were being watched.

HOWEVER, its the CONSISTENCY thats the issue. I have no complaints if the foul on Reid is given, if we are also given the foul on Huth. CONSISTENCY. So when you take it into the context of other numerous fouls in the game, then it is harsh.

The is no possible way you can argue Carroll fouled Schlupp. It was an obvious decision to level things up, and to suggest otherwise would be silly.

Pulled him back into him

He quite simply didnt.

Will watch the game back later. 

All I will say is Moss wanted to play his part in that game and that is truly shocking. I suspect i'll be saying plenty worse if re-watching it shows what I thought I was seeing there. 

Their pen was not a disgrace if taken in isolation, it was probably a foul, and considering there was lots of grappling going on throughout the game, Our defenders could have done the sensible thing when they knew they were being watched.

HOWEVER, its the CONSISTENCY thats the issue. I have no complaints if the foul on Reid is given, if we are also given the foul on Huth. CONSISTENCY. So when you take it into the context of other numerous fouls in the game, then it is harsh.

The is no possible way you can argue Carroll fouled Schlupp. It was an obvious decision to level things up, and to suggest otherwise would be silly.

He quite simply didnt.

Wow!!

There is no possible way you can argue Carroll fouled Schlupp. It was an obvious decision to level things up, and to suggest otherwise would be silly.

He quite simply didnt.

Yes I can, and I have. So there. 

The game was a battle today in defence and midfield and attack.

Both teams were fighting for every ball with 110 percent effort.

Vardys first wasn't a yellow, but for the pen he did move his legs into the defender and go down like the Pen at Arsenal away....sometimes you get them and today you don't....Already being on a yellow I felt he could have chose to stay on his feet and not give the ref a decision to make.

Mahrez and Okazaki wasn't much from an attacking threat but both did their defensive duties well.

Morgan and Huth battled well with the West Ham attack and did their fair share of blocking & pulling a few times you get away with it but 5-6 times and the ref having a word you need to watch yourself, Morgan lost his man for the pen and Reid wasn't even getting to the ball in the first place, it was soft but could have been avoided.

all in all the ref had a shocker for both teams and given the circumstances a draw is a very good point against a west ham team who have came and gave us a game, it wasn't amassed with chances on goal, but both teams got stuck in and gave 100 percent effort.

The quickest player on the field is running past the defender, who puts out an arm to stop him by grabbing his shoulder. That's where the decision over a foul needs to be made. The 'tangle of legs' everyone is on about is beside the point. If it was 1985 I'd agree it would be ridiculous to vardy to go down under that contact. But it's 2016 - top level strikers go down when they feel contact in the box routinely. If they don't, refs don't give decisions. Jon Moss can't suddenly start applying standards from the 80s in a crucial potentially title deciding match. Utterly ridiculous decision to book him, let alone a second fellow. Never a penalty, but never a dive in 2016.

The quickest player on the field is running past the defender, who puts out an arm to stop him by grabbing his shoulder. That's where the decision over a foul needs to be made. The 'tangle of legs' everyone is on about is beside the point. If it was 1985 I'd agree it would be ridiculous to vardy to go down under that contact. But it's 2016 - top level strikers go down when they feel contact in the box routinely. If they don't, refs don't give decisions. Jon Moss can't suddenly start applying standards from the 80s in a crucial potentially title deciding match. Utterly ridiculous decision to book him, let alone a second fellow. Never a penalty, but never a dive in 2016.

Ive said it was ridiculous to book him, the referee should have played on.

But there was no foul in the build up

Archived