Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

As far as I'm concerned Moss can give that pen IF he also gives decisions for the stuff coming the other way, inconsistent, incompetent fuss pot, strange strange man, what goes on in his brain is a mystery. Picking and choosing from what he sees in a random way, when Moses went down with spread arms as our defender let the ball run out there's no card. The nonsense at corners (and remember it only becomes a foul once the ball is back in play) was both ways all afternoon yet he spots one incident?

the biggest problem that concerns me is that the italian defence from 79th minute.. it was absolute fault.

Vardy -with all my love and respect- even if he is nearly 30 years but he still unexperienced and need to be more intelligent in such situation

Picked up from the match thread:

How did Morgan not get booked for his "pull" on Reid that led to West Ham's penalty and sent off for a second yellow? lol

Jon Moss has a very special understanding of what refereeing means. Simply not up for it anymore. Should definitely retire at the end of this season.

EDIT: Just seen he's only 45 years old! lol He looks at least ten years older! lol

My opinions on the big refereeing decisions would be:

1) On the vardy penalty, i dont think its a penalty, but its not a red card either. There is contact between the two players, but the contact was instigated by Vardy. Id have just played on if i was the referee, it was a tangle and neither a foul or a dive.

2) On the morgan foul on reid, this probably is a foul. BUT, this happens 20 times in a game and goes unpunished. As is evidenced by a similar incident on huth not being given a few mins later. So on that basis, he shouldnt have given the penalty or he should give all of the decisions similar to that.

3) The penalty on Schlupp was not a penalty. It was ridiculously harsh and clearly a "level up" decision.

Thought John Moss refereed the first half well, and then totally lost the plot in the 2nd half.

How can he give the pen against you but not yellow card Morgan? I know he was already booked, but that's ridiculous.

Agreed. Vardy deserved the second yellow. Morgan should have gotten one if that was truly a foul (which I don't think it was.) Huth should have been awarded a penalty in that same line of thinking. Carroll's foul in the box was a weak make up call.

All in all we walk away from a massive point. Ulloa looks up to it next week against Swansea with vardy banned.

4 games left, only 5 points to go.

Probably should have been a pen when Huth bodychecked Reid before we scored on the counter. Vardy has done a vardy and thrown his legs into the defender and tried to win a pen, rightfully booked I'd say. Thought both pens were incredibly soft.

Great pens by Carrol and Leo.

I'll take a draw.

Over to you Stoke!

Guest Col city fan

Vardy harshly sent off, Reid does similar and gets a penalty ... Reid should have gone if Vardy's was a yellow and seen as diving so was Reid's... The refs just aren't consistent at all

THIS is the main issue for me. This lack of bloody consistency which makes me think either the refs are crap (today's was) or the rules are too complex (eg. Handball in the area) to follow consistently. Probably a bit of both.

I did not think we'd draw after Cresswell scored.

Very chuffed!

Vardy made a meal of going down but never should have been booked. Moss is ****ing useless. Thank God we got a point but I feel robbed. Gonna miss vardy next week. We sat far too deep after he went off and we conceded.

Jon Moss decision making was bizarre bordering on the ridiculous, first half challenges from West Ham were dangerous and he did fcuk all to stop it. Vardy has done nothing wrong it is not a dive as there was contact, Morgan has barely touched Winston Reid and a pen, and in fairness to Carroll that shouldn't have been a pen either. A sh*t performance, ref take a bow you clown.

Lads were excellent tbf though, vardys red will get rescinded, neither were yellow cards

what on earth are you watching man. lol.  vardy was blatant cheat obvious red.

neither were penalties.

a draw is fair and another bullet dodged.  he had a poor game but in the end just about spread his shit evenly, all this vitriol for ref is pretty childish though. 

Agreed. Vardy deserved the second yellow. Morgan should have gotten one if that was truly a foul (which I don't think it was.) Huth should have been awarded a penalty in that same line of thinking. Carroll's foul in the box was a weak make up call.

All in all we walk away from a massive point. Ulloa looks up to it next week against Swansea with vardy banned.

4 games left, only 5 points to go.

It's worse than that, since he didn't give Huth's, he must have dived, no? 

Worst refereeing performance I've seen in a while; hope Stoke do a job for you tomorrow and hope you can beat the Swans. 

Archived