Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

Sky are saying repetition of the fouling was the cause of their peno. I can kind of see that, huth and morgan have been terrors all game.

Still an abysmal performance by the ref though.

Moss was calling them over for simply jostling for position. What are they meant to do, stand aside and give Carroll and co a free run on goal?

Was the refreee a Spurs fan? After those horrible decisions a draw is absolutely ok. This is an important point, losing today would have been extremely discouraging for the players.

I would have took a point before today, coming back like we did felt like a win and will give the whole team a massive boost...

Because he tried to cheat.... what's so hard to understand? He shouldn't have been on a booking in the first place, but he was.

Strikers do that every game, on numerous occasions, on this occasion why a yellow card, a free kick was more then sufficient. It's not like Vardy simulated contact, there was contact.

Quite a lot of hate towards the ref.  Lets be fair, Vardy dived.  The only disputable part about that is his first yellow.  It was a stonewall pen for them and its not like Huth and Morgan hadn't been warned.  West Ham could have legitimately had a couple of pens in fairness.  Thats not to mention that the pen we did get was quite soft.  Any other ref and we probably would have lost that!

We lucked out and scraped a draw.  We didn't get beaten by the ref, West Ham were well up for it and we were very under par for the most part.

what on earth are you watching man. lolvardy was blatant cheat obvious red.

neither were penalties.

a draw is fair and another bullet dodged.  he had a poor game but in the end just about spread his shit evenly, all this vitriol for ref is pretty childish though. 

You are obviously on the wind up,he received a yellow for the 'dive' however his previous yellow card was never a yellow as contact was made with the West Ham player as he was sliding in from his challenge. 

it weren't a clear dive....he tried to win a penalty by tangling his legs with the defender. at most you can say there was contact and it was debateable, but to book him for simulation was wrong... as there was a clear coming together. vardy could say in his defence he was trying to run across the defender towards goal.... never a yellow card.

and it doesn't change the first yellow, which was never a yellow either.

BAD DECISION by the ref

Exactly!

Thought we defended Payet very well.  Got at him early and he was very quiet until they had the extra man.  Would have taken a draw before the game and you take it at 2-1.  Biggest disappointment is being without Vardy for Swansea.

Strikers do that every game, on numerous occasions, on this occasion why a yellow card, a free kick was more then sufficient. It's not like Vardy simulated contact, there was contact.

Contact actually caused by Vardy

Quite a lot of hate towards the ref.  Lets be fair, Vardy dived.  The only disputable part about that is his first yellow.  It was a stonewall pen for them and its not like Huth and Morgan hadn't been warned.  West Ham could have legitimately had a couple of pens in fairness.  Thats not to mention that the pen we did get was quite soft.  Any other ref and we probably would have lost that!

We lucked out and scraped a draw.  We didn't get beaten by the ref, West Ham were well up for it and we were very under par for the most part.

There's as much contact on Vardy as there is on Reid (I.e. A bit of a pull), and Huth being grabbed round the neck was a great shout. Any other ref and we'd probably have won because we'd not have lost Vardy to a first yellow he threw out because he'd lost control giving petty fouls

What a team of officials, Bobby "Referees badly" Madley was 4th official, what a meeting of talent that is. When that guys anywhere near us I fear the consequences. He and Moss are probably laughing now "what was all the shouting about, I thought you were great".

For Vardys second watch the defenders eyes in relation to the ball, he couldn't be less interested in it, okay he may have been focusing on getting goalside of Vardy but he was only ever going to put a physical challenge in, the ball was never in his thoughts. I wish decisions would favour the player who actually has an interest in the spherical leathery thing over physicality.

Thought we defended Payet very well.  Got at him early and he was very quiet until they had the extra man.  Would have taken a draw before the game and you take it at 2-1.  Biggest disappointment is being without Vardy for Swansea.

The way Swansea played yesterday we could be without the entire first team and still win, they are on the beach

Guest Cujek

Was the refreee a Spurs fan? After those horrible decisions a draw is absolutely ok. This is an important point, losing today would have been extremely discouraging for the players.

It would fire me up to do even better and make sure that fraud ref's that steal a living from football don't impact the title race as much as they like.

Jon Moss is to refereeing what garth crooks is to football punditry.

Quite a lot of hate towards the ref. Lets be fair, Vardy dived. The only disputable part about that is his first yellow. It was a stonewall pen for them and its not like Huth and Morgan hadn't been warned. West Ham could have legitimately had a couple of pens in fairness. Thats not to mention that the pen we did get was quite soft. Any other ref and we probably would have lost that!

We lucked out and scraped a draw. We didn't get beaten by the ref, West Ham were well up for it and we were very under par for the most part.

there was contact with Vardy which gives grounds for doubt and that is why the ref shouldnt have given him a second yellow.

Immensely proud of the lads, it may be just a point but the manner in which we got it will give us such a boost as we look to get over the line

Two things

That was thee worst Refereeing performance I have ever seen at any level. Trying to play devils advocate, I don't think he was purposefully trying to derail out title bid but the occasion was far too big for him and it showed he shouldn't be officiating at this level. After today's performance I doubt he'll be doing it much longer. Shambolic all game.

Secondly the fans who left before the end should be ashamed! Here we are 4 games from the greatest sporting achievement by any English club, on the verge of our first league title in our history, 2-1 down and you leave before the end!! Where else do you have to be those two mins?!

Well done boys, roll on Swansea

Archived