Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

Have to say the Creswell goal was a cracker. Didn't NP want to sign him?

Yeah, was a lovely strike.

There's as much contact on Vardy as there is on Reid (I.e. A bit of a pull), and Huth being grabbed round the neck was a great shout. Any other ref and we'd probably have won because we'd not have lost Vardy to a first yellow he threw out because he'd lost control giving petty fouls

He really screwed himself over, you could sense somebody would pay for his mental handing out of yellows in the first half.

Quite a lot of hate towards the ref. Lets be fair, Vardy dived. The only disputable part about that is his first yellow. It was a stonewall pen for them and its not like Huth and Morgan hadn't been warned. West Ham could have legitimately had a couple of pens in fairness. Thats not to mention that the pen we did get was quite soft. Any other ref and we probably would have lost that!

We lucked out and scraped a draw. We didn't get beaten by the ref, West Ham were well up for it and we were very under par for the most part.

Load of crap! Don't know if you were watching the same game, your blind or just thick.

There was clear contact or Vardy, it's questionable whether or not it's a penalty, but it's certainly not a dive. A dive is what Payet did on the edge of our box a few minutes after Vardy saw red!

If there's is a penalty on Reid, we have a penalty on both Vardy and Huth.

The ref changed that game not saved it for us.

Anyone debating whether Vardy was a dive or not should wonder if they are taking hero worship a bit too far.  Blatant dive, easy card, sorry.

I would suggest a dive is when no contact is made so wrong choice of words my friend

Can't take the tension and butterflies much more... Never does a point feel so much like a win, given the sheer anxiety of what transpired there.... God Bless Leo!
Still, remember thinking before the match that 73 points wouldn't be a disaster, especially given that West Ham were the last team to beat Spurs in the league and just put 3 past Arsenal to earn a massive point of their own. Referee was absolutely abominable. To possibly look back at our title run being derailed by Jon Moss taking centre stage as West Ham's 12th man would be something I'll never get over. Hopefully, that won't be a factor now.

C'mon Stoke!

Phew, glad that is over.  Up until the sending off I thought we were the best team and up until that point, I thought that was the best we had played in the last eight matches.  Comparing last week against Sunderland to this week, it feels like when we play teams that are in the position that we found ourselves at the end of last season, we're more nervous.  We know how those teams are battling for their lives.  Fair play to the lads today, I thought a draw would be a good result today and it still is, just have to calm down enough now...

Don't think Vardy should have been given a 2nd yellow. Wasn't a pen, but think a capable ref just says get up and carry on. His first was just ridiculous considering the tackles that had been flying in beforehand.

Their pen was very soft but seen them given. And of he gives that, the one on Huth is stonewall. Don't think the one given on Jeff was a foul. Class from Ulloa holding his nerve!

A point was fair in the end, although I definitely think we would have won if Vardy didn't get sent off. Hopefully Stoke can at least draw tomorrow!

Reid looks like he puts his leg backwards unnaturally to force a fall for their pen - no different to Vardys fall. EIther both pens or both yellow/red cards.

I hope the tide hasn't turned. Cmon Stoke...

Load of crap! Don't know if you were watching the same game, your blind or just thick.

There was clear contact or Vardy, it's questionable whether or not it's a penalty, but it's certainly not a dive. A dive is what Payet did on the edge of our box a few minutes after Vardy saw red!

If there's is a penalty on Reid, we have a penalty on both Vardy and Huth.

The ref changed that game not saved it for us.

Sorry, im not blind or thick I just say it how I see it.  If that had of happened at the other end, exactly the same circumstances and a West Ham player had been giving his marching orders we'd all be over the moon that the ref hadn't fallen for a con.  

Strikers do that every game, on numerous occasions, on this occasion why a yellow card, a free kick was more then sufficient. It's not like Vardy simulated contact, there was contact.

Yeah because Vardy ran into the defender lol, he tried to con the ref into a pen, which nowadays is seen as a yellow card.

Guest Cujek

Don't think Vardy should have been given a 2nd yellow. Wasn't a pen, but think a capable ref just says get up and carry on. His first was just ridiculous considering the tackles that had been flying in beforehand.

Their pen was very soft but seen them given. And of he gives that, the one on Huth is stonewall. Don't think the one given on Jeff was a foul. Class from Ulloa holding his nerve!

A point was fair in the end, although I definitely think we would have won if Vardy didn't get sent off. Hopefully Stoke can at least draw tomorrow!

How can a point be fair when vardy being sent off by such a fraud of a referee changes the whole game?

If vardy is on that pitch we win the match, shocking display by a so called professional referee.

That was 2 points dropped caused solely by an incompetent official.

I hope we officially complain about him, he should not be allowed to ref us again. Complete oxygen thief.

I would suggest a dive is when no contact is made so wrong choice of words my friend

I think we can all agree that Vardy felt/initiated the contact and went down. But he's been doing that all season, as have many strikers around the world. Michael Owen was a master at it. But is it actually illegal? (genuine question - i don't know the rulebook inside out, bit like John Moss).

Sorry, im not blind or thick I just say it how I see it. If that had of happened at the other end, exactly the same circumstances and a West Ham player had been giving his marching orders we'd all be over the moon that the ref hadn't fallen for a con.

It did happen at the other end, he gave a penalty! How the **** can you say one is a clear penalty and one is a dive?

Hence the question blind or thick

Ulloa's attitude is fantastic. A point is not a fair result. Vardy sending off was rediculous. First was not a yellow and second was debatable at best. Moss is the sort of ref I despise. It's all about hiim. As far as I am concerned he can leave football for ever. Bilic moaning on Radio Leicester - the spanner.

Even if Vardy doesn't get sent off, we could quite easily have ended up drawing the game. West ham have a quality team. We are now 8 points clear, and I can not see Tottenham winning at Stoke. Mark Hughes will want a big reaction after losing at Liverpool 4-1 and also they all love Huth

Sorry, im not blind or thick I just say it how I see it. If that had of happened at the other end, exactly the same circumstances and a West Ham player had been giving his marching orders we'd all be over the moon that the ref hadn't fallen for a con.

It's doesn't have to be foul or dive though. You can say there's contact but a fair challenge and tell the players to get on with it, which would have been the correct call. Ogbonna has tangled with Vardy and out muscled him, knocking him down. Fair tackle, goal kick.

Did anyone notice Payet go down the other end 5 minutes later (on a yellow card) and put the ball between two defenders... no contact... falls over... nothing doing. Vardy (whether he orchestrated it or not) HAD contact. Surely Payet's is more of a dive than his?

Thats whats really pissed me off today, refereeing is all about consistency, and the only thing you can say about Moss is that he was consistently clueless.

Can't be arsed to debate all the decisions as I'd be here all night. Bottom line is West Ham gave us a good game and we showed massive bollux to come back and win a vital point. A draw was probably a fair result. It's naive to assume we're going to have it all our own way and just cruise to the title. We've had our fair share of luck this season and it all evens itself out over 38 games. Proud of our effort and desire as always again today. Pressure back on Spurs now.

When??? Ive seen strikers get yellows for faking contact, not for where there is contact????

He intentionally put his legs into the defenders legs and goes down. I'm sorry but it was a dive mate. If it wasn't a dive then why did Vardy appeal for the penalty? If that's the case you must believe It was a pen?

Ulloa gets some shit on here but as soon as the pen was given, he was asking for the ball.

Absolute nerve of steel slotting that away.

Vardy's first yellow was extremely soft and whilst he instigated the contact, there was contact so to send him off was very harsh.

The penalty against Morgan was debatable as Reid instigated the contact that sent him down much the same as Vardy did. The ref however was bullied into that by West Ham players continuously moaning before every corner. But having given that, not giving the Huth penalty was beyond belief especially given his vantage point.

To cap it off, our penalty was laughable, even more so that it looks like (obviously it isnt like this but it just looks like it) he reacts to Drinkwater pointing to the spot.

Crazy game that should absolutely make them feel unbeatable.

Archived