Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City v West Ham post match thread 2 - 2

It did happen at the other end, he gave a penalty! How the **** can you say one is a clear penalty and one is a dive?

Hence the question blind or thick

I must be missing something.  Their penalty was a penalty.  Morgan was all over him.  The fact that the player went down in stages (which he did) is immaterial, its still a foul by Morgan in the first instance.  

I think we can all agree that Vardy felt/initiated the contact and went down. But he's been doing that all season, as have many strikers around the world. Michael Owen was a master at it. But is it actually illegal? (genuine question - i don't know the rulebook inside out, bit like John Moss).

The ref had a shocker today, Vardy has moved his body to the right across the path of the defender and contact has been made, my real beef is there is no way the first incident was a yellow, in the first half West Ham threw in some nasty challenges and Moss did fcuk all about it, Vardy has made contact for his first yellow but only because of momentum from his challenge, so taking all of that into account Vardy was desperately unlucky.

Never been so pissed off during a match, we've experienced some terrible reffering performances at the KP over the years, Gavin Ward & Darren Deadman spring to mind but this was by far the worst, Jon Moss deserves to be called a cvnt after that, what a complete and utter cvnt.

After letting this settle, I think we do need some perspective here.

First, Jon Moss was obviously awful. But we knew that right? Nottingham Forest away, Middlesbrough away, Man City home.

The ONE thing you can ask from a referee is to call the game consistently. He failed in every regard there, and even worse, he failed in his job to control the match. He must be really good with his mouth on his knees to still keep holding a Premier League referee slot.

Anyway, our performance on defence was OUTSTANDING.

Our "luck" was probably coming to us in terms of Cresswell's goal and Vardy pushing it on that second yellow (if you have a reputation for trying to draw penalties, and marginally for diving, you MUST be more careful), but we still did a fantastic job limiting real chances. Even with 40 minutes playing with 10 men, we won the xG battle, so imagine how much the disparity of control we had was with 11 men.

Of course, West Ham's tactics played straight into our hands (insisting on crossing it to Carroll was silly on their part), but we play marvellously.

It'll be interesting to see how tactics sort out for Swansea, but I think we will be okay. And to all who deem our run-in tough, really? Even away at United, they are shit. And Chelsea are not very good either. Our run-in is not easy, but it is not difficult.

We are a very good team and as long as our players maintain their composure (which, we'll see), we will be fine. We were far better than West Ham with 11 men and we are better than almost any team at the moment on current form (aside from Spurs, who **** them, but they are playing fantastically). So we will move on from this for the better.

We drew 2-2 at home to WBA and it proved to be a valuable point. Over to Spurs now, to paraphrase King Kev, they've got to go to Stoke and get something.

For an average player, God I love Ulloa. 8 million quid, goals kept us up last season and goals could win us the league this season. An absolute hero.

The refs seem to interpret it something like this: 'if the defender mistimes the tackle, it's OK for the forward to make sure there's contact'. This happened in the Vardy penalty incidents at Bournemouth and at Arsenal.

Today it is very hard to see an offence by the West Ham defender.

Another incident very similar to today's was at Norwich - another tangle of legs, with Bassong (outcome: penalty).

Then I think you need to check your glasses.

Facts:

Vardy knocks it past the defender

Defender pulls him back

By pulling him back he pulls him into him

Legs get tangled

It isn't a second yellow. If you can't see that, then please don't drive.

The facts

Vardy is running forwards

Vardy decided to throw his leg into Ogbonna (let's assume to cause contact and make it look like a foul)

Vardy slows right down then swan dives forward upon contact

Vardy claims it's pen, trying to con the ref.

It's about the only decision he got right all afternoon mind.

If you think the defender touching his shirt means his legs should jerk out towards to the player and cause that kind of reaction, then I think you're being incredibly biased.

Pretty sure there'll be more rational thoughts on the game tomorrow anyway when everyone has calmed down and processed the game.

Absolutely huge point for us anyway. Fantastic composure by Leo who has won is 4 points in the last minutes of games recently. Hopefully Vardy and back and raring to go for United away. I need some Vardy goals for my bet!

I must be missing something. Their penalty was a penalty. Morgan was all over him. The fact that the player went down in stages (which he did) is immaterial, its still a foul by Morgan in the first instance.

Now have a look at the hands all over Vardy in the build up. How can one be a penalty and one a dive?

Then I think you need to check your glasses.

Facts:

Vardy knocks it past the defender

Defender pulls him back

By pulling him back he pulls him into him

Legs get tangled

It isn't a second yellow. If you can't see that, then please don't drive.

You could easily point to Vardy moving his legs across to make more contact. It's six of one, half a dozen of the other and the ref should just tell Vardy to shut up and get up.

The people who are saying West Ham gave us a right good game today are like the ones who say Spurs deserve to be top of the league.

Kicking the ball around from side to side 40 yards from goal is not 'a good spell of pressure'. 

Be honest; their two goals - an absolute wonder striker and a penalty. Any other chances? Not that I can remember.

I felt more confident at 1-0 of the score finishing 2-0 than them getting anything. We looked really good on the counter attack with Jeff

Never been so pissed off during a match, we've experienced some terrible reffering performances at the KP over the years, Gavin Ward & Darren Deadman spring to mind but this was by far the worst, Jon Moss deserves to be called a cvnt after that, what a complete and utter cvnt.

To be fair Huth has been very fortunate in the last few weeks not to concede a penalty on corners.

On Vards' peno.  We ball was slowing down as it was going into touch.  Surely he has the right to defend the ball, using his hips.  It appears to me that is what he did, but both players legs tangle and they both go over.  It's neither a foul or a dive.  Should have just played on.  To send him off after such a soft first booking was crazy.  Reid and Obiang could have picked up two yellows each in the first half.  Crazy!  So pleased for Ulloa though, balls like melons.

I must be missing something.  Their penalty was a penalty.  Morgan was all over him.  The fact that the player went down in stages (which he did) is immaterial, its still a foul by Morgan in the first instance.  

Ogbonna is all over Vardy who then goes down in stages. Consistency - if Vardy dived, Reid must have dived. If Reid was fouled, Vardy was fouled (in reality neither were fouled). Morgan has given him a little tug, but no more than Ogbonna did on Vardy. You can't give one but not the other if you want to be consistent and have proper control over the game.

What a shit ref!!! For both teams.

But what a valuable point!

Ecstatic with the draw because we didn't deserve the last minute penalty, but neither did Vardy deserve to be sent off and well i've not seen their penalty but i'm hearing it was pathetic, so what goes around comes around.

Think we were in control before Vardy was sent off and coped well after, we did sit back abit too much for my liking but we had the odd attack, if they didn't get their penalty I don't think they'd have scored.

Can't really comment on the game without mentioning the ref so it's all i'm saying on the matter.

Bloody hell our last minute penalty/goal gave me a headache! I'll take it though!

The facts

Vardy is running forwards

Vardy decided to throw his leg into Ogbonna (let's assume to cause contact and make it look like a foul)

Vardy slows right down then swan dives forward upon contact

Vardy claims it's pen, trying to con the ref.

It's about the only decision he got right all afternoon mind.

If you think the defender touching his shirt means his legs should jerk out towards to the player and cause that kind of reaction, then I think you're being incredibly biased.

Pretty sure there'll be more rational thoughts on the game tomorrow anyway when everyone has calmed down and processed the game.

Absolutely huge point for us anyway. Fantastic composure by Leo who has won is 4 points in the last minutes of games recently. Hopefully Vardy and back and raring to go for United away. I need some Vardy goals for my bet!

How is nobody else seeing this lol? he's got away with this is in the past but its bitten him on the arse today. Referee's don't take this lightly, hence the second yellow.  

The people who are saying West Ham gave us a right good game today are like the ones who say Spurs deserve to be top of the league.

That makes absolutely no sense - to me. I'm one of those people saying West Ham gave us a good game today, but I don't think Spurs deserve to be top of the league at all.

Archived