Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
gdl9050

Stoke v Tottenham match thread

Guest LCFC_World

Win our home games and I'm hoping that should be enough, surely Spurs will drop 2 points somewhere? Southampton? Chelsea? Maybe even Newcastle if they're still alive?... Come on, we have to believe. Don't let this unbelievable Vardy situation get to our heads. Don't let Jon Moss get to our heads. It's in our hands, 5 points clear with 4 games to go... Who would have said that at the start of the season?...

Swansea.. Win

Man Utd.. Lose

Everton.. Win

Chelsea.. Lose..

79 points.

2nd to Spurs on 80.

We've only lost 3 in the last 38, you seriously think we'll lose 2 in 4 against a Chelsea side that have given up and a Man Utd side who are woefully inconsistent? 

Stoke were crap spurs took full advantage tho. Not gonna lie am shitting it but still believe we will do it apart from the last 2 we've not exactly needed vardy's goals and okazaki can run just as much. Think we all need to put a brave face on for the players and just go ****ing nuts for em regardless because our crowds have felt nervous just recently

Where was Stoke tonight.Yes Spurs played a great game, great movement.

2 - 0.. OK but 4-0 at home, for a mid-table team, with ex-champions in their side.

Not Hughes, but the players professionalism must come into question.

Positioning was down right poor, I dont think even Sunderland played

so bad this season, when defending.

Shaqiri was a disgrace. He backed out of so many challenges and even avoided blocking shots. Biggest coward I've seen play! Stoke defensively all over the place. I agree, I think they will struggle next season and could barely scrape relegation. Only positive I can take from tonight, is that we will beat these types of teams next year and be above them in the table

Spurs were good, but think anyone would have beaten Stoke tonight. They are obviously a very good team and have some talented individuals with a great manager. I still think they may struggle to win ALL their games, not because they aren't good enough, but just because I think they are due some bad luck or for a team to over perform against them. I look at WBA, and think that is a team that could be quite happy to play for a 0-0 and hopefully Pulis sets them up that way. I think if they can keep Spurs quiet for an hour then nerves can build and you could see some cracks appearing in their "perfect" team and style. Of course, if they score then will only be 1 result like tonight as can't see WBA causing them many problems in attack. 

Stick money on Stoke going down next season. They're a tinpot club and Mark Hughes is a vastly overrated manager.

This was Spurs' easiest match in their run in and frankly I'm surprised they didn't win by more.

Haahahahahhahaha

Spurs are by far the best team I've seen this season.

To all the experts on here slagging Stoke off, just imagine Leicester without Schmeichel, Simpson and Fuchs, and a CB pairing that has only managed to play together a dozen times this year.

Injuries have forced Stoke to use 8 different CB partnerships this year.

Its pretty tough to build a consistent defence when your team is constantly hit with injury. Maybe next season things will be different.

Shaqiri was a disgrace. He backed out of so many challenges and even avoided blocking shots. Biggest coward I've seen play! Stoke defensively all over the place. I agree, I think they will struggle next season and could barely scrape relegation. Only positive I can take from tonight, is that we will beat these types of teams next year and be above them in the table

Spurs were good, but think anyone would have beaten Stoke tonight. They are obviously a very good team and have some talented individuals with a great manager. I still think they may struggle to win ALL their games, not because they aren't good enough, but just because I think they are due some bad luck or for a team to over perform against them. I look at WBA, and think that is a team that could be quite happy to play for a 0-0 and hopefully Pulis sets them up that way. I think if they can keep Spurs quiet for an hour then nerves can build and you could see some cracks appearing in their "perfect" team and style. Of course, if they score then will only be 1 result like tonight as can't see WBA causing them many problems in attack. 

Lets just see how Leicester cope with a run of injuries that is the norm for a Premiership season.

Spurs are doing ridiculously well since they've managed to field their first choice 11 on a regular basis. Man City are also in great form with their best 11 back fit.

Take Vardy, Mahrez and Kante out for half a dozen games and things could be different at Leicester.

I don't know what all the fuss is about spurs being good. We've seen anytime they play a team with a pulse and with some desire they go missing.

Liverpool beat them and klopp had a big game coming up. Dortmund smashed 'em.

Today even a Newcastle or Sunderland would have hammered this Stoke team. Pulis play ugly football but his team's will usually make it hard. Stoke had a 50 year old in goal and brought on Charlie Adam who looked like he had just been eating all the pies at the food stall outside the brittania.

Problem pulis wba will have is they arsenal on Thursday and then spurs on Monday, while spurs play next Monday so will be fresher.

4-0 vs this Stoke is not that impressive. Spurs are a good team but people making out as if they are unbeatable are either people at sky who want the title race to go to the wire or those blindly following the sky punditry.

Lets just see how Leicester cope with a run of injuries that is the norm for a Premiership season.

Spurs are doing ridiculously well since they've managed to field their first choice 11 on a regular basis. Man City are also in great form with their best 11 back fit.

Take Vardy, Mahrez and Kante out for half a dozen games and things could be different at Leicester.

Fair point. I haven't paid much attention to Stoke this season so wasn't aware of their injuries other than Butland of course and missing Arnautovic for a while. Obviouslyy we are disappointed how poor you were and not helping us out at all tonight. We have been fortunate with injuries but hoping we add enough over the summer to cover that for next season. 

I don't know what all the fuss is about spurs being good. We've seen anytime they play a team with a pulse and with some desire they go missing.

Liverpool beat them and klopp had a big game coming up. Dortmund smashed 'em.

Today even a Newcastle or Sunderland would have hammered this Stoke team. Pulis play ugly football but his team's will usually make it hard. Stoke had a 50 year old in goal and brought on Charlie Adam who looked like he had just been eating all the pies at the food stall outside the brittania.

Problem pulis wba will have is they arsenal on Thursday and then spurs on Monday, while spurs play next Monday so will be fresher.

4-0 vs this Stoke is not that impressive. Spurs are a good team but people making out as if they are unbeatable are either people at sky who want the title race to go to the wire or those blindly following the sky punditry.

Spurs were good, very good. Tbh, probably in top5 away team performances this season. I dont think Liverpool beat them as you claim. 

Dortmund ? If I am not wrong, Spurs threw that competition away fielding 2nd XI - to focus on the league. 

Anyone here saying a 4-0 away win at Stoke is easy is just ignorant or simply cant deal with facts. Spurs outplayed United last week 3-0 & out classed Stoke yesterday 0-4. 

As for the title, it is still firmly in our grasp. But my only fear is how we are going to lineup & tactically play in next couple of games.

If we beat Spurs to the title it will be a huge achievement.

Stoke on the other hand were so much worse that I expected and I expected them to be awful.

Makes me feel better about next season if Stoke are the 9th best team in this league.

Well lads at least we're keeping you honest. To be fair at half time after Eriksens glaring miss I was thinking that Stoke would come out in the second half and give us a right kicking, maybe nick a goal and get some momentum....but in truth they were poor, injuries or otherwise, but we delivered one of the best performances that I can remember in recent times. It wouldn't have been unfair if we had won 6-0 but I won't go on about it, because many of you watched the game, we're obviously ecstatic after that, whatever happens in the remainder of the season.

Next weekend is crucial now. I think you have the players and the manager not to let the West Ham game affect you too much, we'll see. It's probably easier for us chasing, than you sitting on top. Game on maybe, you still have a nice cushion.

Well lads at least we're keeping you honest. To be fair at half time after Eriksens glaring miss I was thinking that Stoke would come out in the second half and give us a right kicking, maybe nick a goal and get some momentum....but in truth they were poor, injuries or otherwise, but we delivered one of the best performances that I can remember in recent times. It wouldn't have been unfair if we had won 6-0 but I won't go on about it, because many of you watched the game, we're obviously ecstatic after that, whatever happens in the remainder of the season.

Next weekend is crucial now. I think you have the players and the manager not to let the West Ham game affect you too much, we'll see. It's probably easier for us chasing, than you sitting on top. Game on maybe, you still have a nice cushion.

God I just hope Chelsea do you good and proper!.. There MAYBE some decent spurs fans out there but 99.9% are complete and utter Cocks!

Not getting too concerned yet, 8 points for us and you guys can win every game 4 nil with scintillating football and you will still finish behind us. We just have to do what we have been doing for over 12 months now, it is still very much in our hands... you are relying on us to drastically drop form while you guys win every game. The last 6 games we have won 5 and drew one, against West Ham the team you lost to

Archived