Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Hazard is a belting player, it just looks so easy when he has the ball. Wtf was Mourinho doing to have them play so poorly last season? They did have a dodgy preseason though which is familiar.

7 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Disgraceful Spurs fans though, leaving the stadium with almost 15 minutes to go. A real shame because their team played actually very well and didn't deserve this.

Having been in August, Wembley is a bugger to get out of. Plus you'd probably have gloating Chelsea fans around- not an ideal exit.

2 hours ago, ian_marshall said:

Those panicking need to calm down.

Swansea average 1 win every 3.77 games and a draw every 8.5 games. Given that they need 2 wins and 1 draw from their 4 remaining games to finish above us I think it's highly unlikely that they can catch us. Assuming they beat Sunderland away and WBA at home they'll need 1 point from either Utd at Old Trafford or Everton at home, whilst also needing us to lose 6 games straight (something we've not done all season). 

If we pick up just 2 points from our remaining 6 games, that'll require Swansea to win 3 of their remaining 4 games.

Furthermore assuming Swansea somehow pull off a miracle, the 3 teams between us and Swansea will also have to better our results between now and the season end.

Whilst it's not impossible that we could be relegated I do think we're pretty much safe now.

Swansea's win rate is entirely irrelevant.  Anything can happen now with teams scrapping for their lives.  The great escape should have taught you that.

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

Swansea's win rate is entirely irrelevant.  Anything can happen now with teams scrapping for their lives.  The great escape should have taught you that.

One club can pull off something like the great escape, but two of them simultaneously is less likely.

Also all other teams from 11th to 16th would need to earn more points than us - and from fewer games (for most of them). And don't forget they will play each other too.

It's not that it's impossible for us to go down, of course - but we have substancially more chances to finish 10th than 18th, so why not look upwards? :)

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

Teams in danger of relegation generally improve their points per game return but the chances of us not getting another win from our last six games is slim at best imo.  No need to waste emmotional energies worrying about it.

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Teams in danger of relegation generally improve their points per game return but the chances of us not getting another win from our last six games is slim at best imo.  No need to waste emmotional energies worrying about it.

Can't help it!

52 minutes ago, murphy said:

I take your point but I did allude to the fact that it is improbable rather than impossible. Realistically how many times in Premier League history has a team achieved something similar to what we did? 

Off the top of my head I can only think of WBA and Palace, and both of them like ourselves had way more games than Swansea have.

In addition during the greatest escape we still ended up losing to one of the top teams (Chelsea), yet Swansea have to go to Old Trafford to play a Man Utd side that have only lost one league game at home all season. If they lose that game they then have to win all 3 of their other remaining games which I simply can't see them doing. 

As mentioned previously if Swansea do pull off a miracle then it also requires the teams below us and immediately above us to better/match our results in order for us to go down which I think looks unlikely given some of the other's fixtures.

24 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Best part of that match was the footage of the spuds fans streaming back up wembley way 5 minutes before the end lol

And it could be a familiar sight in the Premier League next season!

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

All I can say is thank goodness we are pretty much safe because I suspect we won't get another point this season!

Every time I've seen you play you've been poor or average at best, are you actually a decent side? 

Archived