Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

DOOM

Yes, when it's cheap.  The multiplayer beta was poor imo.  Doom isn't about multiplayer anyway - the single player FPS is what it's all about.  It looks old school reinvented - which must be good.

Will buy.  Played through all the others.  Just not at £40 and not until I've cleared an ever expanding backlog of games.

Yes, when it's cheap.  The multiplayer beta was poor imo.  Doom isn't about multiplayer anyway - the single player FPS is what it's all about.  It looks old school reinvented - which must be good.

Will buy.  Played through all the others.  Just not at £40 and not until I've cleared an ever expanding backlog of games.

Eh?

Doom was one of the pioneers of multiplayer fps's. The tech wasn't quite there back in the day to make it a internet hit but famous for being a popular LAN game.

Although from what I've herd early doors the SP is the stronger component this time round.

Is the story any good? Or is it more gameplay focused?

The game has a story, but the developers have purposely made it so the doom guy character couldn't care less about it and just wants to kill everything lol

The game has a story, but the developers have purposely made it so the doom guy character couldn't care less about it and just wants to kill everything lol

Classic Doom then lol

The first ones were before my time but my dad used to have both the first ones which he'd play every now and then. I played Doom 3 then picked up the BFG edition a couple years later and the news they were making a new one made me build a computer rather than a PS4 of X1, been longer than expected but when I have the money I'll definitely be picking it up, looks class from what I've seen!

I've had a play, the gameplay is very fast paced and there's always a fight literally one step away from the last fight.

Not something I'll play for long or on a regular basis, but this is something I'd play on the one off for a change

• 4 weeks later...

Archived