Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Haydos

Home wifi speaker system - Sonos Alternatives?

Just looking into speaker options in our new place. My mate had a couple of Sonos speakers in our old place and it was class, good sound and very easy to set up and operate via the app, downside is the cost. I'm looking at about £230 for their mid range speaker which would go in the living room the another £170 for the lower range which would eventually go in the bedroom.

One of the other great things about Sonos is the amount of music services you can use to stream including Soundcloud and Google music.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with any cheaper Sonos alternatives, with a decent selection of streaming services, primarily Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

Cheers!

Just bought the Sonos mid range one after some heavy investigation - will wait and build as and when though the play 3 is loud enough to have4 in a mid point in the house and stretch petty far.

Just bought the Sonos mid range one after some heavy investigation - will wait and build as and when though the play 3 is loud enough to have4 in a mid point in the house and stretch petty far.

Yeah the Play 3 is the one I'm looking at. I think my mate has the 1st gen play5 and that was great. Play 3 good so far then?

Looks like John lewis sell them so might pop down and see how they are in person.

Yeah the Play 3 is the one I'm looking at. I think my mate has the 1st gen play5 and that was great. Play 3 good so far then?

Looks like John lewis sell them so might pop down and see how they are in person.

Yeah, thats what we did - go to JL with a sinkable device and compare the sound quality.....

It pretty much is Ronseal when you get down to it - the 5 sounds great the three damn good and for me a better option than buying two play 1's - I just accepted that if I got the one play 3 I could build as and when new stuff comes out. I went for black too if that's helpful!

*syncable - bloody predictive....

Yeah, thats what we did - go to JL with a sinkable device and compare the sound quality.....

It pretty much is Ronseal when you get down to it - the 5 sounds great the three damn good and for me a better option than buying two play 1's - I just accepted that if I got the one play 3 I could build as and when new stuff comes out. I went for black too if that's helpful!

*syncable - bloody predictive....

Nice one, i'll head down to JL this week then. I've got a good idea what they're about already, just hoping there's some slightly cheaper alternatives out there.

Nice one, i'll head down to JL this week then. I've got a good idea what they're about already, just hoping there's some slightly cheaper alternatives out there.

There are.

But sadly they are not comparable and Sonos know it.

Archived