Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

I`m one of those older fans, who have believed for a number of years, that modern football is rubbish, a game that is governed by greed, on all levels.

The higher the level, the more greedy they are, which is why over the last god knows how many years, the so called big clubs have had it all their own way.

What was fantastic about last season, was that we gave the footballing world a glimpse of how football used to be, when the game was fun to watch, and when anyone could win the top division, with good scouting, good player recruitment and good management, and without paying obscene amounts of money, in order to try and buy the league.

We really were a throwback to yesteryear, to when i first fell in love with Leicester City and football, it was all so refreshing, and gave me hope and belief that actually maybe modern football didn`t have to be rubbish, and we could once again go back to those fun filled, care free days of enjoying a football league where anything was possible.

I should have known better, what has been proved with Kante, and potentially Mahrez, is that it doesn`t matter how successfull you are, when you are a club of our size these days, if you dare to tread on the big boys toes, they will just use the greed card, to take your players away, and try and put you back down to a level that is not a threat to them.

So the reality is, that i was right all along, modern football really is rubbish, and we can look forward to many more years of the big clubs sharing the prizes, and the likes of Leicester just being happy to stay in the league.

Its how the big clubs want it, it`s how the people at the top of the FA want it, and it`s how the media want it.

I will be forever gratefull for what our club gave to me, to us, and to football last season.

It was an all too brief glimpse into how football once was, before the greed took over.

Thank you Leicester City, my club, my pride, my joy and yes even my despair over the years, Thank you for reminding me last season of when football wasn`t rubbish.

Sadly normal service seems to have been resumed, but of course, because i love my club, like thousands of others love their clubs, i will be down there next season following them, kicking every ball, with all the highs and lows that come with it, but in the knowledge, that despite our best efforts of last season, Modern football truly is rubbish!

wait is he actually leaving

Nothing suggesting that. Was reported that Vardy's agent touted him to other clubs. Remember how that turned out?

wait is he actually leaving

Nothing suggesting that. Was reported that Vardy's agent touted him to other clubs. Remember how that turned out?

He isn't signing a new deal that's fact

But he is not agitating for a move

Wants to wait and see

The way I look at when we were shit no one wanted our players

It's a complement and long may it continue

Southampton have sold a whole squad in last 3 years

And finished thier highest finish last year

Rock on Tommy

Rock on

how much, its 1/2 currently, i got £200 in my skybet, are you 100% sure?

I said what i said. im sure enough to bet four 0's on it. I bet Vardy staying, Kante leaving, Signing Musa. But hey i also bet Slimani Signing. 

okay then, we can lock this thread because a guy called mezeker said so.

At least capitalize a nigga's name if you gona cite it fam.

He isn't signing a new deal that's fact

But he is not agitating for a move

Wants to wait and see

The way I look at when we were shit no one wanted our players

It's a complement and long may it continue

Southampton have sold a whole squad in last 3 years

And finished thier highest finish last year

Rock on Tommy

Rock on

That makes no sense whatsoever, so he's willing to stay but on 35k a week?! Either way he has 3 years on his contract so makes sense to take a payrise regardless of what he actually does longer term.

out, simpson, kante, mahrez, inler, james, ulloa, schlupp. in, zieler, hernandez, keane, mendy, musa, yarmolenko, witsel, deeney

Deeney signed a new contract mate. So we are selling our right back and not signing a replacement?

I`m one of those older fans, who have believed for a number of years, that modern football is rubbish, a game that is governed by greed, on all levels.

The higher the level, the more greedy they are, which is why over the last god knows how many years, the so called big clubs have had it all their own way.

What was fantastic about last season, was that we gave the footballing world a glimpse of how football used to be, when the game was fun to watch, and when anyone could win the top division, with good scouting, good player recruitment and good management, and without paying obscene amounts of money, in order to try and buy the league.

We really were a throwback to yesteryear, to when i first fell in love with Leicester City and football, it was all so refreshing, and gave me hope and belief that actually maybe modern football didn`t have to be rubbish, and we could once again go back to those fun filled, care free days of enjoying a football league where anything was possible.

I should have known better, what has been proved with Kante, and potentially Mahrez, is that it doesn`t matter how successfull you are, when you are a club of our size these days, if you dare to tread on the big boys toes, they will just use the greed card, to take your players away, and try and put you back down to a level that is not a threat to them.

So the reality is, that i was right all along, modern football really is rubbish, and we can look forward to many more years of the big clubs sharing the prizes, and the likes of Leicester just being happy to stay in the league.

Its how the big clubs want it, it`s how the people at the top of the FA want it, and it`s how the media want it.

I will be forever gratefull for what our club gave to me, to us, and to football last season.

It was an all too brief glimpse into how football once was, before the greed took over.

Thank you Leicester City, my club, my pride, my joy and yes even my despair over the years, Thank you for reminding me last season of when football wasn`t rubbish.

Sadly normal service seems to have been resumed, but of course, because i love my club, like thousands of others love their clubs, i will be down there next season following them, kicking every ball, with all the highs and lows that come with it, but in the knowledge, that despite our best efforts of last season, Modern football truly is rubbish!

This. Top, top post.

That makes no sense whatsoever, so he's willing to stay but on 35k a week?! Either way he has 3 years on his contract so makes sense to take a payrise regardless of what he actually does longer term.

What makes no sense

I said he isn't agitating for more

He wants to see what happens

But 100% is not signing another contract at this point

I think he might want to see where we are in squad quality come close of window

If Silimi comes I think he stays for next season

On Thursday Raneri said "Mahrez is happy.. he is staying" reports suggest hes changed his mind.. wtf? hes had weeks to sort out his future, it appears to me that as the only change since Thurday is the Kante decision then Mahrez didnt want to be the first to leave! of course everything is rumours at the moment, hope Vardy joins the Austrian camp soon to sort this unrest out

Think how great it'll be when we do it again then!

What makes no sense

I said he isn't agitating for more

He wants to see what happens

But 100% is not signing another contract at this point

I think he might want to see where we are in squad quality come close of window

If Silimi comes I think he stays for next season

It makes no sense that he would turn down a new contract on better terms when he is locked in to one for 3 years anyway. We all know contracts mean **** all these days so why not triple your wage and then force a move later on

Dreams and ambition? We've fulfilled all of those for him. No fvcking excuse.

I can't believe what I'm hearing from our fans and it's exactly what I am worried about.

The pride of sticking two fingers up to these big clubs is well and truly ebbing away. We shouldn't be so accepting of players treating us like this. It's the English, Premier League mentality. We're shit, we're nothing, and we accept the bigger clubs and players bullying us.

The club have shown ambition, it's time for the fans to do the same. Kante, for example, is treating us like shit. great player or not we should show a bit of pride in our club.

We're more important than them, don't forget that.

Lovely rhetoric but it doesn't really mean anything in terms of what the player wants or what clubs are able to offer on a competitive market.

On Thursday Raneri said "Mahrez is happy.. he is staying" reports suggest hes changed his mind.. wtf? hes had weeks to sort out his future, it appears to me that as the only change since Thurday is the Kante decision then Mahrez didnt want to be the first to leave! of course everything is rumours at the moment, hope Vardy joins the Austrian camp soon to sort this unrest out

It's all agent talk mate. Vardy played the game and so too is Mahrez.

Unlike the Kante situation, if we don't want to sell Mahrez then we don't have to sell Mahrez. I know Ranieri has said that he doesn't want unhappy players but there has to come a time when you put up a fight, else at this rate we'll have no one on the pitch in August.

fair point, de gea's performances didn't drop after he stayed at utd.

It makes no sense that he would turn down a new contract on better terms when he is locked in to one for 3 years anyway. We all know contracts mean **** all these days so why not triple your wage and then force a move later on

Depends if the new 20 million release clause is 300 million.

I said what i said. im sure enough to bet four 0's on it. I bet Vardy staying, Kante leaving, Signing Musa. But hey i also bet Slimani Signing. 

At least capitalize a nigga's name if you gona cite it fam.

just put 200 on at 3/4 now, so return 150, cheers mate

Well put, all true and does take a little bit of the shine off things. If Marhez went to someone like Barcelona I would congratulate him and understand. Kante to Chelsea no way. But. ..wouldn't it be even sweeter if we had another great season despite all the odds, I suppose this is why we're hooked and keep going. We've bought well so far we're not a one man team, Cambiasso proved that. Football is rotten to the core but just for once last year we proved to the world that you can ride above it and almost every clubs supporters loved us for it. We must continue to dream.

Archived