Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

One of the first things Claudio did was negotiate a new contract with Riyad. No silly clauses so Claudio will think a little differently about I'm happy to let you go and agree a similar deal to Vardy so everyone is happy.

He must stay, he's part of our new era and joined us initially thinking we were a rugby club, but still took the leap of faith helping us win the championship. In return I will keep my faith in Mahrez.

I seem to have gleaned the following info over the past few days

Vardy was offered 100k to stay and agreed

NG was offered the same deal and didn't

Apparently Riyad is offered that deal - but is it 100k or 80k? if it's 100k then why are his people stirring for more? presumably they have been told that we can't/won't go above 100k? I guess it's possible they see NG's wage offer being up for grabs and want a chunk of that too. And if Riyad sees NG will now be earning 150k/week then guess he could be feeling a bit pissed about that. Maybe with his agent for not negotiating a similar clause in his contract. Perhaps this is where the noises are coming from. The agent trying to get as much as he can because his client is unhappy with what was done last August.

And if it's 80k ? Then I'm not surprised he is pissed off that vardy and kante got offered more.

Something doesn't ring true on all of this.

The club need to dig their heels in with this one if there is no clause. Offer him a great package, but make it clear to both him and the rest of the world that he won't be leaving under any circumstances.

To do otherwise will be to invite open season on the whole club and we would need to start from scratch.

Sorry, I don't hold with this attitude of Claudio's that any player that wants to can leave. To openly make such a statement is to invite others to asset strip our club.

The club need to dig their heels in with this one if there is no clause. Offer him a great package, but make it clear to both him and the rest of the world that he won't be leaving under any circumstances.

To do otherwise will be to invite open season on the whole club and we would need to start from scratch.

Sorry, I don't hold with this attitude of Claudio's that any player that wants to can leave. To openly make such a statement is to invite others to asset strip our club.

Indeed, it's quite straghtforward for our assistant manager who was probably riyad's first contact with the club to ask him to show some loyalty ............................... oh bugger !

Not sure how they can call that an exclusive.  They were too lazy to make up 'a source close to the club/agent believes' or post a tweet from a French/Algerian journo trying to get retweets and followers.

No way the club will let Mahrez go this season even if he wants to.  Too much of a prized asset for the owners, especially going into the CL with one if not the best player in the Prem last season in the squad.  

Chelsea already have Willian (who was their best player last season), Pedro, Hazard, Cuadrado, Moses and Oscar to compete for 2/3 wide and central positions depending on their formation.  If they play 3 at the back I can't see where he would fit in with Cesc, Matic and Kante in the middle.

Mahrez and his agent will be wanting at least what Kante/Vardy were offered and maybe bumped up to match any offers from bigger clubs. Maybe he does deserve to be the highest earner next season, it wont be a high wage for the length of the contract and when he goes it will be for a massive fee.

whats Claudio doing when all these negative rumours circulating? SIT EM ALL DOWN - "NOBODY IS LEAVING, THAT INCLUDES U WALSHY, YOUR ALL UNDER CONTRACT - WERE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FFS DIDDLY DING DIDDLY DONG

So three days ago Claudio said he was happy here, some random journalist has claimed he's off, the papers have jumped on that and decided that Ranieri knows less about his players intention than a journalist and Ranieris knowledge isn't worth mentioning? The phrase gutter press comes to mind

Mahrez needs an arm wrapped round him and told gently but firmly we won't be listening to offers for him this season.

Sign this £100k a week four year deal and if he still feels like this next season then we'll let him go for a good offer.

We can't make Leicester City a fire sale which is what it's beginning to look like at the minute with the speculation on Mahrez, Walsh, Schmeichel, etc. We need to draw a line in the sand and say Kante has gone and nothing more to see here.

reckon he is off

If he really wants to go then we should demand 50m or sod off. He has only had one stellar season. if he does it again this year then we can justify 70m but that the moment, 'if you want him, pay the money'. At the same time, we should have already tied him down by making him the same offer as vardy in May when we negotiated vardy's deal. all this waiting around does nothing. I wonder if we had offered NG a 100k in early May he may have committed? Instead we waited for him to show at the euros that he did look at home in a possession based side and that he was worth a huge salary. I bet Chelsea wouldn't have sanctioned 150k/week before the tournement.

So three days ago Claudio said he was happy here, some random journalist has claimed he's off, the papers have jumped on that and decided that Ranieri knows less about his players intention than a journalist and Ranieris knowledge isn't worth mentioning? The phrase gutter press comes to mind

Yeah pretty much - It sells papers. Who was the original source? It could be true that he's turned down a contract - who excepts the first offer anyway?! If anything i see it as his agent trying to gain some leverage by releasing a tiny ambiguous amount of info.

If it came out that he had refused to sign a contract worth 100k a week, I would be concerned. But the fact that it's being reported he has only been offered 80k makes me feel a bit better about the situation.

Why on earth would he accept that when Vardy and Kante have been offered significantly more?

I'm trying to stay optimistic at the moment because let's face it, we might have just won the league but life as a Leicester fan is slightly depressing at the moment.

I just see this Mahrez situation as him and his agent pushing the club for a better deal, in a similar way to how Vardy did.

Archived