Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

Arsenal fan here in peace. I figured Leicester would have problems holding onto your top 3 players when the season ended despite entry into the champion league as a number one seed. Vardy however surprised me with his u turn after reaching an agreement with Arsenal. He was the one player of the 3 who has the most to lose. It is my assumption that he had a release clause inserted into his contract in the event he wanted to leave. It was activated but he decided to stay after City made an improved offer within 25 thousand pounds per week of the Arsenal offer. I again assume that he felt that his loyalty to City and his comfort zone were worth losing 25k/week. He however is going to lose more than that. He is 29 years old and this was his last big contract. He would have been a much higher profile player at Arsenal which would have meant more endorsement money. In addition, he would eventually end up playing in the champion league every year and a spot on the England squad would have been easier to secure. This decision will end up costing him at least 10-15 million pounds over the next 5 years. Now before I get attacked here, please realize that I have just pointed out why Kante left and why Mahrez will also eventually leave. Leicester is a victim of her own success. Big clubs find it easier to cherry pick from smaller clubs instead of developing their own players. Like a few members of this forum posted, South Hampton loses key players every year but they are still in the ascension. They just keep going back to the well. City will have to do the same. Arsenal also went through something similar a few years ago when all of our top players were picked off by the Manchester clubs as their contracts ran down. You really can't blame the players, this is their job and the life span is short. This is why Vardy's decision surprised me. I would be very interested to find out his mindset if Mahrez also decides to leave this year

Arsenal fan here in peace. I figured Leicester would have problems holding onto your top 3 players when the season ended despite entry into the champion league as a number one seed. Vardy however surprised me with his u turn after reaching an agreement with Arsenal. He was the one player of the 3 who has the most to lose. It is my assumption that he had a release clause inserted into his contract in the event he wanted to leave. It was activated but he decided to stay after City made an improved offer within 25 thousand pounds per week of the Arsenal offer. I again assume that he felt that his loyalty to City and his comfort zone were worth losing 25k/week. He however is going to lose more than that. He is 29 years old and this was his last big contract. He would have been a much higher profile player at Arsenal which would have meant more endorsement money. In addition, he would eventually end up playing in the champion league every year and a spot on the England squad would have been easier to secure. This decision will end up costing him at least 10-15 million pounds over the next 5 years. Now before I get attacked here, please realize that I have just pointed out why Kante left and why Mahrez will also eventually leave. Leicester is a victim of her own success. Big clubs find it easier to cherry pick from smaller clubs instead of developing their own players. Like a few members of this forum posted, South Hampton loses key players every year but they are still in the ascension. They just keep going back to the well. City will have to do the same. Arsenal also went through something similar a few years ago when all of our top players were picked off by the Manchester clubs as their contracts ran down. You really can't blame the players, this is their job and the life span is short. This is why Vardy's decision surprised me. I would be very interested to find out his mindset if Mahrez also decides to leave this year[/size]

I think Jamie Vardy is in a unique position regarding endorsements, given his rise and record etc. I'm not sure it would be worth anywhere near as much as you think to move. Then there is the risk of his career declining quicker at aclub like Arsenal.

Arsenal fan here in peace. I figured Leicester would have problems holding onto your top 3 players when the season ended despite entry into the champion league as a number one seed. Vardy however surprised me with his u turn after reaching an agreement with Arsenal. He was the one player of the 3 who has the most to lose. It is my assumption that he had a release clause inserted into his contract in the event he wanted to leave. It was activated but he decided to stay after City made an improved offer within 25 thousand pounds per week of the Arsenal offer. I again assume that he felt that his loyalty to City and his comfort zone were worth losing 25k/week. He however is going to lose more than that. He is 29 years old and this was his last big contract. He would have been a much higher profile player at Arsenal which would have meant more endorsement money. In addition, he would eventually end up playing in the champion league every year and a spot on the England squad would have been easier to secure. This decision will end up costing him at least 10-15 million pounds over the next 5 years. Now before I get attacked here, please realize that I have just pointed out why Kante left and why Mahrez will also eventually leave. Leicester is a victim of her own success. Big clubs find it easier to cherry pick from smaller clubs instead of developing their own players. Like a few members of this forum posted, South Hampton loses key players every year but they are still in the ascension. They just keep going back to the well. City will have to do the same. Arsenal also went through something similar a few years ago when all of our top players were picked off by the Manchester clubs as their contracts ran down. You really can't blame the players, this is their job and the life span is short. This is why Vardy's decision surprised me. I would be very interested to find out his mindset if Mahrez also decides to leave this year[/size]

Nice to see another pov from a fan of one the "bigger clubs"

Good points and reasoning.

Exception is Vardy, hes found his path and forged a few of his own, he doesnt

pass into any pre-given moulds.

1st team choice written in blood, Arsenal would never give him, at 29 he wont

want to spend time wasted on the bench.

Wenger would not of used him has his guarranteed striker.

Ranieri will have Vardy has his no1 in focus striker, with a couple of new ideas,

to relieve Vardy from single pressure.

. Arsenal fan here in peace. I figured Leicester would have problems holding onto your top 3 players when the season ended despite entry into the champion league as a number one seed. Vardy however surprised me with his u turn after reaching an agreement with Arsenal. He was the one player of the 3 who has the most to lose. It is my assumption that he had a release clause inserted into his contract in the event he wanted to leave. It was activated but he decided to stay after City made an improved offer within 25 thousand pounds per week of the Arsenal offer. I again assume that he felt that his loyalty to City and his comfort zone were worth losing 25k/week. He however is going to lose more than that. He is 29 years old and this was his last big contract. He would have been a much higher profile player at Arsenal which would have meant more endorsement money. In addition, he would eventually end up playing in the champion league every year and a spot on the England squad would have been easier to secure. This decision will end up costing him at least 10-15 million pounds over the next 5 years. Now before I get attacked here, please realize that I have just pointed out why Kante left and why Mahrez will also eventually leave. Leicester is a victim of her own success. Big clubs find it easier to cherry pick from smaller clubs instead of developing their own players. Like a few members of this forum posted, South Hampton loses key players every year but they are still in the ascension. They just keep going back to the well. City will have to do the same. Arsenal also went through something similar a few years ago when all of our top players were picked off by the Manchester clubs as their contracts ran down. You really can't blame the players, this is their job and the life span is short. This is why Vardy's decision surprised me. I would be very interested to find out his mindset if Mahrez also decides to leave this year

Can tell you are an Arsenal fan. Money, endorsements, money, contracts, money.

I think the Arsenal guy is right to an extent, and its what's wrong with football. However last season started to prove that these so called big clubs won't simply won everything year on year anymore because each team is loaded due to the sky money

In which other time period would a Bournemouth spend 15 million on a prospect?? And if he fails so what, buy another guy, and that's Bournemouth, West ham, us, Everton, all looking at 30m plus players. A few years ago only the big 4 or 5 would spend that big. That's why we begrudge Kante going because not only are they not in Europe, but there's no guarantee whatsoever they will be any nearer the top than us next season

Football has changed I'm sure if it and these big clubs better realise it

I think the Arsenal guy is right to an extent, and its what's wrong with football. However last season started to prove that these so called big clubs won't simply won everything year on year anymore because each team is loaded due to the sky money

In which other time period would a Bournemouth spend 15 million on a prospect?? And if he fails so what, buy another guy, and that's Bournemouth, West ham, us, Everton, all looking at 30m plus players. A few years ago only the big 4 or 5 would spend that big. That's why we begrudge Kante going because not only are they not in Europe, but there's no guarantee whatsoever they will be any nearer the top than us next season

Football has changed I'm sure if it and these big clubs better realise it

It's not the fact we begrudge him moving because there is no guarentee whatsoever they will be any nearer the top than us, I think we all be pretty smug if that were to be the case.

I'd love Chelsea to totally implode again.

Let's be honest, Man City with Guardiola, Man Utd with Mourinho, Chelsea with Conte, Liverpool with Klopp (Big season as it's his first full season - no excuses), Arsenal, Tottenham (Mentally scared), Only 1 of them can win it, that's writing off everyone else in the league, there's gonna be alot of disappointed clubs with disappointed fans, I really hope an outsider wins it again and I think they could.

For me, this is a transitional period, the big clubs have lost their stability at the top, they're panicing and I question if these 'top' managers will handle the pressure of the instant success needed when as i've said only one team can win it, the gap between the 'small' and 'big' clubs is closer than ever before.

For these reasons it baffles me even more as to why Kante went, If he gave it till January and Chelsea were top, looking they were going run away with it and we're in a relegation battle (Even mid-table...Even if we were 'only' Top 8), or waited till next summer and Chelsea had won the league by a canter, gained Champions League again, then fair enough. Not now though, not in the circumstances, no, just don't get it.

.Can tell you are an Arsenal fan. Money, endorsements, money, contracts, money. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cardiff fox. This is reality. Professional football first and foremost is a business. You and I are the consumers/customers. This can be dressed in many fashions but that is the bottom line. The owners of Leicester city bought the club because it was a good business vehicle. They saw the potential in the club and success in UK they would also increase their brand back home. The premiership is the most popular league in the world and this has translated into mega money for the owners of the clubs. The top executives of these clubs are paid well as is the staff. Vendors, caterers, restaurants and local government have all experienced increased revenue from the Football business. Most of these people have their jobs for 20 plus years. These players play less than 10 years on the average and an injury can end a career instantly. Most of them never learnt a trade or furthered their education as their early concentration was focused on learning the game. I can point out 20 Marc Bosmans for every David Beckham. We watch the game on TV and occasionally might go to a live match and feel invested in our team. If we spend money, it is with disposal income. For these players, football is their major source of income. Hate the game, not the player; he’s just trying to his piece of the pie

. Arsenal fan here in peace. I figured Leicester would have problems holding onto your top 3 players when the season ended despite entry into the champion league as a number one seed. Vardy however surprised me with his u turn after reaching an agreement with Arsenal. He was the one player of the 3 who has the most to lose. It is my assumption that he had a release clause inserted into his contract in the event he wanted to leave. It was activated but he decided to stay after City made an improved offer within 25 thousand pounds per week of the Arsenal offer. I again assume that he felt that his loyalty to City and his comfort zone were worth losing 25k/week. He however is going to lose more than that. He is 29 years old and this was his last big contract. He would have been a much higher profile player at Arsenal which would have meant more endorsement money. In addition, he would eventually end up playing in the champion league every year and a spot on the England squad would have been easier to secure. This decision will end up costing him at least 10-15 million pounds over the next 5 years. Now before I get attacked here, please realize that I have just pointed out why Kante left and why Mahrez will also eventually leave. Leicester is a victim of her own success. Big clubs find it easier to cherry pick from smaller clubs instead of developing their own players. Like a few members of this forum posted, South Hampton loses key players every year but they are still in the ascension. They just keep going back to the well. City will have to do the same. Arsenal also went through something similar a few years ago when all of our top players were picked off by the Manchester clubs as their contracts ran down. You really can't blame the players, this is their job and the life span is short. This is why Vardy's decision surprised me. I would be very interested to find out his mindset if Mahrez also decides to leave this year

He cant decide to leave, he still has 3 years in a 4 year contract. All he can do is accept another contract for more money at leicester or sit on his current one for 3 years. We dont need to cash in.

.Can tell you are an Arsenal fan. Money, endorsements, money, contracts, money.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cardiff fox. This is reality. Professional football first and foremost is a business. You and I are the consumers/customers. This can be dressed in many fashions but that is the bottom line. The owners of Leicester city bought the club because it was a good business vehicle. They saw the potential in the club and success in UK they would also increase their brand back home. The premiership is the most popular league in the world and this has translated into mega money for the owners of the clubs. The top executives of these clubs are paid well as is the staff. Vendors, caterers, restaurants and local government have all experienced increased revenue from the Football business. Most of these people have their jobs for 20 plus years. These players play less than 10 years on the average and an injury can end a career instantly. Most of them never learnt a trade or furthered their education as their early concentration was focused on learning the game. I can point out 20 Marc Bosmans for every David Beckham. We watch the game on TV and occasionally might go to a live match and feel invested in our team. If we spend money, it is with disposal income. For these players, football is their major source of income. Hate the game, not the player; he’s just trying to his piece of the pie

Zzzzzzzz. Your opinion is so so so needed on the subject. Arsenal fans seem so interested in money etc., might have something to do with their interests aligned with their manager's. The fact you use the word customer to describe a fan proves you a wrong 'un.

Zzzzzzzz. Your opinion is so so so needed on the subject. Arsenal fans seem so interested in money etc., might have something to do with their interests aligned with their manager's. The fact you use the word customer to describe a fan proves you a wrong 'un.

Well I guess his use of the word customer is technically right, no doubt a customer of Sky, a glory boys access to their chosen team.

boweigo - Do you fall asleep tonight with your Napoleon Hill books by your side and wanking to your dreams of capitalism.

You big clubs keeping us small clubs below our glass ceiling, us small clubs are only there to get players you can sign off us for more money blah blah. Maybe Vardy values things other than "endorsement money", maybe he thinks that there are much more important things and life and that he hasn't "lost" by turning down more endorsement money for a couple of years of his life.

You sound like Ronald ****ing Reagan

Archived