Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

He wont go to Arsenal. Wenger is dragging his heels, and I wont be surprised if Arsenal dont make another signing this summer.

If he goes, its probably Chelsea. Definitely not Arsenal.

Look everyone, we are little old Leicester. We must bend over and allow any player to leave our Club for one of the so called bigger Clubs.

Apparently he goes to same barbers as @@Finnegan, and has a strong following there. He won't go due to settling in better.

Pretty sure Finners hasn't mentioned the former imo.

Have you seen Finner's hair? If he was my barber I'd move too.

11 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Linked by the Sun to Barca now

If true, would people begrudge this move? It would hurt, but I think I could understand and accept if he left for Barca. But Arsenal or Chavski, no.  They can go eat a lump if his poo and sing "Jamie Vardy is 'avin a parteh" between mouth fulls. 

48 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Linked by the Sun to Barca now

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1457851/riyad-mahrez-set-for-dream-move-to-barcelona-after-snubbing-leicester-contract-offer/

There is nothing in this article showing Barcas interest in Mahrez rather than the other way round as Mahrez supports Barca.  The sun have pieced together this article quoting a Spanish newspaper, as if they have some inside knowledge, but they have taken it from the Guardian.

The sun also say that Barca only have 20M left in their budget.

19 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1457851/riyad-mahrez-set-for-dream-move-to-barcelona-after-snubbing-leicester-contract-offer/

There is nothing in this article showing Barcas interest in Mahrez rather than the other way round as Mahrez supports Barca.  The sun have pieced together this article quoting a Spanish newspaper, as if they have some inside knowledge, but they have taken it from the Guardian.

They can have his right leg only for that price! 

I doubt Arsenal will sign him. Apparently they've just been quoted £80m for Higuian. Wenger won't spend anymore after that, he'll be sitting in the corner of a room rocking and mumbling to himself.

Just now, Facecloth said:

I doubt Arsenal will sign him. Apparently they've just been quoted £80m for Higuian. Wenger won't spend anymore after that, he'll be sitting in the corner of a room rocking and mumbling to himself.

Yes but this is lcfc we are talking about, we will take 35m

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

Yes but this is lcfc we are talking about, we will take 35m

And your point? 

I'm saying Wenger won't want to buy another expensive player (£30m is expensive to him) once he's spent £80m on Higuian.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

And your point? 

I'm saying Wenger won't want to buy another expensive player (£30m is expensive to him) once he's spent £80m on Higuian.

My point is they won't spend 80m on Higuian as it's Wenger, they will go for a cheaper option and try and fleece us. I would just hope we don't cave in and demand 50m plus, if not more.

Either way Higuain is about to sign for Juve.

I really hope Mahrez stays I too only think it will be if he leaves it will be for Barcelona,but I have a feeling he will stay and not jump ship but now Kante has left the papers like the shitty sun are going to link all our players with everyone under the sun!

But Kante is one player that will be truly missed but we have new players and existing players that will step up to the mark,so it's going to be a great season for us with a title defence and Champions League football to look forward too and by the sound of it a few more decent signings.

4 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

My point is they won't spend 80m on Higuian as it's Wenger, they will go for a cheaper option and try and fleece us. I would just hope we don't cave in and demand 50m plus, if not more.

Either way Higuain is about to sign for Juve.

Mahrez is hardly the other option to Higuian though is he.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Mahrez is hardly the other option to Higuian though is he.

No he isn't but your reasoning for them not signing mahrez is because they will spend 80m on Higuian. I am saying a) they won't sign Higuain as they will never spend 80m and he is going to Juve and b) they will come at us with a pathetic bid for Mahrez and no doubt we accept as we don't want players that don't want to be here.

2 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

No he isn't but your reasoning for them not signing mahrez is because they will spend 80m on Higuian. I am saying a) they won't sign Higuain as they will never spend 80m and he is going to Juve and b) they will come at us with a pathetic bid for Mahrez and no doubt we accept as we don't want players that don't want to be here.

I suppose Wenger signings don't always follow logic, but the desperately need a striker. So I don't see them spending their customary £30-£40m a summer on a Mahrez, when they need to buy a top striker.

I just don't see it, even discounting Higuian. Unless they lose someone they'll just be signing another similar play to ones they have. Maybe if Sanchez goes.

2 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

Well they won't be signing Mahrez then lol

We have to demand more for Mahrez than we got for Kanté. PFA Player of the Year and lauded by critics and fans. Sitting those 3 Villa players down has to be YouTube moment of the season.

£40m to Barca is probably fair for all parties if Mahrez actually tries to force a move. To Arsenal, Chelsea or any other English club: not for sale.

It's going to be hard enough seeing N'Golo play in the blue of another English team :(

Archived