Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

2 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1457851/riyad-mahrez-set-for-dream-move-to-barcelona-after-snubbing-leicester-contract-offer/

There is nothing in this article showing Barcas interest in Mahrez rather than the other way round as Mahrez supports Barca.  The sun have pieced together this article quoting a Spanish newspaper, as if they have some inside knowledge, but they have taken it from the Guardian.

The sun also say that Barca only have 20M left in their budget.

They literally just make things up. One quote from 6 months ago and now we're 'resigned to selling'. I'd love to get my hands on these scumbags who write this shit. 

33 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

If he goes for less than £40m I expect resignations within the football administration side of the club 

he is a 40-60m player all day long 

To be honest the way fees are going for players currently 70-80 million would not look out of place for Mahrez

that said hopefully he is going nowhere

44 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

If he goes for less than £40m I expect resignations within the football administration side of the club 

he is a 40-60m player all day long 

Sky sources: Riyad Mahrez set for Arsenal talks after £16m fee agreed with Leicester.

Just imagine...argh!!!!

Mahrez has three years left on his contract and no release clause if reports are to be believed.

He needs to be told that just because we won the PL it doesn't mean our ambitions have been realised. Tell him he won't be leaving under any circumstances this season and we're striving to become an even better team than what we were last season.

We can't afford to be seen to be having a fire sale and any top clubs who want our players are welcome to put in an offer. It completely sends out the wrong message to prospective signings and our current players.

25 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Mahrez has three years left on his contract and no release clause if reports are to be believed.

He needs to be told that just because we won the PL it doesn't mean our ambitions have been realised. Tell him he won't be leaving under any circumstances this season and we're striving to become an even better team than what we were last season.

We can't afford to be seen to be having a fire sale and any top clubs who want our players are welcome to put in an offer. It completely sends out the wrong message to prospective signings and our current players.

Maybe it will stop the new ones asking for a release clause if they think we consider all offers !

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

To be honest the way fees are going for players currently 70-80 million would not look out of place for Mahrez

that said hopefully he is going nowhere

Come on Bob. That would make him about the third highest transfer of all time.

He's had one season in which he has shone you aren't getting that kind of money unless you've proven consistency.

40 would be fair (that's still make him nearly top 20) I guess, hopefully he is going nowhere but it's starting to look like he definitley is, and  if Barcelona come in he's going to want away, he's always said playing for them is his life ambition. 

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

So we talk of loyalty. A player plays a massive part in delivering a dream non of us thought possible, the dream of that player has is to play for Barcelona (since a very young age). Barcelona come knocking with a 40 million cheque.

Your seriously going to tell him he's going nowhere under any circumstances. Seems to me this "loyalty" and "doing right by people" is pretty much the players staying here to win us more trophies and actually nothing to do with whats ethically correct or moral. Which is fine, just stop dressing it up that way. 

57 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Need to do a deal with him 

new contact £75m buy out 

and tell him we won't stand in his way next summer if the release Clause is paid 

Controversial it may be but of the three stars in the team, I'm least upset about the prospect of losing Riyad.

He's the least combative, most inconsistent of the core. Vardy going would have been massive, Kante going is massive, Mahrez going? I'm not convinced we'd be massively worse off with Musa or Dimmi Gray coming in.

As unpopular a view as it may be, I actually think Mahrez has peaked and as brilliant as some of his performances have been, we quickly forget those that were very average.

I don't see him as someone who'll become an elite, world class footballer. I don't see him at Barca or Bayern as I well can imagine Kante.

Do people really think refusing to sell our best players when their dream club comes in for them will be good for our chances of recruiting potential superstar players in future?  Surely you can see that if we look like a 1-3 year stay with Leicester can get you on the radar of top clubs that makes us more attractive!

Even Utd sold Ronaldo to Madrid, Arsenal sold Fabregas to Barcelona - you have to accept some players dream of pulling on a shirt for these clubs, and send them on their way with the money in your pocket and your thanks.

15 minutes ago, LCFCABC said:

He'll sign a new contract but stipulate a £30m release clause for clubs in the Champions League 

Agreed re release clause but if we are paying him 100k, it should be 40 mill at very least. 

He wont just take a new contract without a clause allowing him to speak to another club at the very minimum. Perhaps a trigger clause as per NG might be more appropriate.

N'Golo and Riyad are good mates. Now N'Golo has gone, fully expect Riyad to go as well. Would not besmirch him the opportunity to play for a club like Barcelona or similar - obviously would be upset at a move sideways. But I'm assuming he is going whilst his stock is sky high.

I just watched a video of all his assists and goals last season. Just to remind myself how great he actually was. He played as an out and out winger in a straight 4-4-2 where we saw little of the ball, and he still succeeded. In a side like Arsenal or Chelsea where they have over 60 percent possession every game he'd be even more effective. I think the reason he used to go missing sometimes is because often spent a lot of time defending and he got lost.

57 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Controversial it may be but of the three stars in the team, I'm least upset about the prospect of losing Riyad.

He's the least combative, most inconsistent of the core. Vardy going would have been massive, Kante going is massive, Mahrez going? I'm not convinced we'd be massively worse off with Musa or Dimmi Gray coming in.

As unpopular a view as it may be, I actually think Mahrez has peaked and as brilliant as some of his performances have been, we quickly forget those that were very average.

I don't see him as someone who'll become an elite, world class footballer. I don't see him at Barca or Bayern as I well can imagine Kante.

i actually think he is the most irreplaceable, i don't think he is inconsistent at all, i think he tired out 2nd half of the season because he has a frail body type and was seeing double and triple coverage. Vardy is probably the least important of the 3, he was just first up at bat so we needed him to say no to not have everything go to shit. 

IF the club judge that we can recruit a replacement then I'm sure they will not be held to ransom over a package. They will judge that if it was good enough for vardy to accept, it should be good enough for riyad. Problem is riyad now sees what NG had managed to get for himself! 

if nothing is sorted by Wednesday, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of a stand off on this which could easily mean lots of rumours on Twitter etc and lots of stress for us. 

17 minutes ago, Mezeker said:

i actually think he is the most irreplaceable, i don't think he is inconsistent at all, i think he tired out 2nd half of the season because he has a frail body type and was seeing double and triple coverage. Vardy is probably the least important of the 3, he was just first up at bat so we needed him to say no to not have everything go to shit. 

Vardy is the most important player on the team, the way we play. He leads our press from the front and sets the tone for the entire team.

Even if he scored half the goals he'd be vital.

There's no doubt that if Mahrez left it would be a massive blow for the team. His performance last season was sensational. Finding somebody else to step up in his place and do what he did last season would be incredibly hard. 

Getting a player like Mahrez who can provide real magic on the pitch is very rare. Spurs managed it a few years ago with Bale but they took that money and couldn't acquire a player who filled the gap. Fortunately for them they brought through Kane and he's taken up a lot of that slack.

My point is that when you happen to get a player like Mahrez then you build around him. You don't sell him and hope you get lucky in the transfer market, especially when you're looking to build towards the future.

Archived