Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

If we picked up big bucks for Mahrez we would be laughing, theres a reason he was playing reserve football in league 2 in France and wasn't good enough for the Algeria 1st team. I think if he stays he would the easiest target for the opposition to single out next season, for me I think Demarai Gray has more potential and be a better choice to play like Mahrez did this season and surprise the opposition 

1 minute ago, Jace said:

If we picked up big bucks for Mahrez we would be laughing, theres a reason he was playing reserve football in league 2 in France and wasn't good enough for the Algeria 1st team. I think if he stays he would the easiest target for the opposition to single out next season, for me I think Demarai Gray has more potential and be a better choice to play like Mahrez did this season and surprise the opposition 

Orly?

What was that then? 

4 minutes ago, Jace said:

Nah I'd rather see Gray play alongside Mahrez if I'm honest. 

10 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

There's no doubt that if Mahrez left it would be a massive blow for the team. His performance last season was sensational. Finding somebody else to step up in his place and do what he did last season would be incredibly hard. 

I have a lot of faith in Gray, the lad has some serious potential.

Just now, buzzer_b said:

As do I but it's a big ask. Fingers crossed aye :fc:

Definitely. I didn't mean sell Mahrez either I just think Gray has the potential to be as good.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Come on Bob. That would make him about the third highest transfer of all time.

He's had one season in which he has shone you aren't getting that kind of money unless you've proven consistency.

40 would be fair (that's still make him nearly top 20) I guess, hopefully he is going nowhere but it's starting to look like he definitley is, and  if Barcelona come in he's going to want away, he's always said playing for them is his life ambition. 

It's just my opinion Pabbers

genuinely think he is up there with some great players (ok maybe not Messi Aguero Ronaldo or Bale) but not far off

prices are silly these days £60-70 million would not look out of place for me

but thats just my opinion Pabbers

12 minutes ago, Jace said:

Wasn't good enough 

Think it's pretty safe to say he was, or at least had the potential to be more than good enough, given he's just won PFA player of the year.

8 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

It's just my opinion Pabbers

genuinely think he is up there with some great players (ok maybe not Messi Aguero Ronaldo or Bale) but not far off

prices are silly these days £60-70 million would not look out of place for me

but thats just my opinion Pabbers

Fair do's Bob but you are going to horribly disappointed as not a cat in hell's chance he is going for that.

The contrasting opinions of Foxestalk, one has him down as a close world record transfer someone else would rather play Gray lol

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Think it's pretty safe to say he was, or at least had the potential to be more than good enough, given he's just won PFA player of the year.

Fair do's Bob but you are going to horribly disappointed as not a cat in hell's chance he is going for that.

The contrasting opinions of Foxestalk, one has him down as a close world record transfer someone else would rather play Gray lol

Hopefully he won't be sold anyway Pabbers

and to be fair someone else would step up and fill his shoes I'm sure

that said we should be asking ridiculous silly money to even entertain the thought of selling him (hence my 60-70 rough guess)

with hindsight 32 mill for Kante is a piss take really as that should of been 40-50 mill in my eyes

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Hopefully he won't be sold anyway Pabbers

and to be fair someone else would step up and fill his shoes I'm sure

that said we should be asking ridiculous silly money to even entertain the thought of selling him (hence my 60-70 rough guess)

with hindsight 32 mill for Kante is a piss take really as that should of been 40-50 mill in my eyes

40 possibly close to an accurate valuation for Kante, but when you know any CL team can come in and pay around 11 million less than  that if they are inclined to though, it's not a bad deal. 

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think you're not quite grasping what my point was, a player can be World class for one team yet fail to make an impact for another. This season we have really maximised the potential in most of our squad, Mahrez for me has been the best player I have ever seen play for Leicester. Will he perform the same at another club bagging the same goals and assists as he has this season in a team which would require him to defend and be more physical? I wouldn't be too sure if could repeat the same results and a big money sale could be a great outcome for us

3 minutes ago, Jace said:

I think you're not quite grasping what my point was, a player can be World class for one team yet fail to make an impact for another. This season we have really maximised the potential in most of our squad, Mahrez for me has been the best player I have ever seen play for Leicester. Will he perform the same at another club bagging the same goals and assists as he has this season in a team which would require him to defend and be more physical? I wouldn't be too sure if could repeat the same results and a big money sale could be a great outcome for us

I don't see how ?

Surely if that's your point we'd be losing out, he might flop elsewhere but that's irrelevant to us, he's great here that's all that matters. 

He'd be tough to replace Riyad, you'll do well to find a winger that come straight in and reproduce what he has that has any interest in joining Leicester City at all. 

2 hours ago, LCFCABC said:

He'll sign a new contract but stipulate a £30m release clause for clubs in the Champions League 

Why would we do that ? 

We we have him contracted for 3 more years ! 

If that happens Susan and whole administration team will have to go 

Easy to under-estimate his importance when we haven't seen him in a while. Put the season review on and you realise just how good he is. I think there are more players of his style than there are Vardy or Kante, but not actually as good as him, not that we're getting on the cheap.

17 goals and 13 (I think) assists from the right in a 4-4-2? Outstanding by anyone's standards. I read someone put that they haven't seen a winger have an impact on a team like that in this league since Bale or Ronaldo and it's hard to disagree.

2 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Why would we do that ? 

We we have him contracted for 3 more years ! 

If that happens Susan and whole administration team will have to go 

I understand where you are coming from but the reality of the situation is different. we want a committed and vibrant riyad playing for us. otherwise, whats the point of him being here.

I am certain that we will be trying to negotiate a deal where there are no clauses. however, given his apparent value, unless we are prepared to pay him around 130k/week (payet's deal) then we are going to struggle. I know we have offered the vardy deal to him. perhaps the shannigans over the weekend are to do with his agent trying to up the ante whereby we feel that accepting a clause is a good result for us.

if we were mid table championship then this stuff wouldn't be annoying us all. price of success I guess.

okay... so our little old Leicester City have a player who was voted as PFA player of the year. A little title that means that he was voted as THE BEST PLAYER in the WHOLE COUNTRY by HIS PEERS. This means that managers and players that played with him, against him and watched him on tv regarded him as the best last season.

For all you who do not rate him or think Gray will simply replace him easily, of course you are allowed your opinion but it is your opinion against the vast majority of players and managers still in the game.

I know who I would listen to in this case.

Just now, st albans fox said:

I understand where you are coming from but the reality of the situation is different. we want a committed and vibrant riyad playing for us. otherwise, whats the point of him being here.

I am certain that we will be trying to negotiate a deal where there are no clauses. however, given his apparent value, unless we are prepared to pay him around 130k/week (payet's deal) then we are going to struggle. I know we have offered the vardy deal to him. perhaps the shannigans over the weekend are to do with his agent trying to up the ante whereby we feel that accepting a clause is a good result for us.

if we were mid table championship then this stuff wouldn't be annoying us all. price of success I guess.

Sell him then if he is being a gobshite 

we were champions with a team where no one earned 6 figures 

if Vardy money isn't enough Then flog him for 50-60m and we crack on 

who wants a sulky twat around the place 

vardy will be a legend , anyone walking for cash now will hold no long term legend status 

it might not bother them now but I suspect last Seson may just be Kante's pinnacle of his career and maybe Mahrez as well 

he will be dumped on a bench in barca 

Players will stop playing for Leicester at some point, whether it's because they a great and others want them, whether they are shit and we don't want them, or they retire here... That's just how it is, only Barcelona don't lose players to poachers.

What's important is how you deal with the losses, and why out of all our players and staff we have, Steve Walsh is the one that will hurt the most if he goes. Recruitment is the key to our recent successes. I'd rather chuck silly money at him than at any specific players. 

Archived