Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

I just don't see him going. Ranieri doesn't either. No release clause, so just tell him he can either honour his contract or sign a new heavily increased one. This is a massive year for us, our first CL campaign, if he wants to go in a year and we get a big offer then he can go with our blessing but he has to understand we need him this year, and understand the commitment he made when he signed his contract.

Edit: Also this 

I have zero contacts at the club, I'm not ITK, no links to any officials, coaches or blah blah. Only thing I've got is a football brain which after 34 years watching the sport will probably fail me too. I think he stays. I think him & Vardy will both sign new deals. Off for another beer in the sun.... 

1 minute ago, buzzer_b said:

Drinkwater. Where we going with this? 

Not sure really you started talking to me so I thought I'd be polite enough to continue the conversation 

Let us hope that Claudio and the Mercury are right and that there is a good chance he is staying.  For me Mahrez and Vardy are the two key players to keep.  Great though Kante was for us last season, it is much more difficult to create and score goals in the prem than to stop them.  As well as scoring them Mahrez creates chances and provides that touch of magic you need for a team to do well - just think of all the times he nutmegged defenders or left them on their arses last season :D

As well as the hard currency of goals these sorts of things lift and inspire everybody.  Until Mahrez came along, I can't remember seeing too much magic since the days of Muzzy Izzet.

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

gobshite?

sulky twat?

He hasn't gone yet, we don't even know that there's any truth to these rumours.

A lot of people made themselves look stupid over Vardy, let's not go there again.

I was responding to st albs position , it wasn't a statement of fact 

but a counter to his what if 

perosnally all all I see is a hard working young man trying to get better 

he needs to feel loved and he needs a hand round his shoulder 

he won't get that at barca ! Or Arsenal ! 

He he stays this season for me 

I have no problem with someone leaving to go to Barca or Real or to try playing abroad.

I don't have a problem with an older player wanting to try something different (like Huth with us).

Disappointed in Kanté.

I do agree that last season will be the career pinnacle of most of the squad's players.

For me Kante is the player we cannot replace. The money was ok but not his true worth. 

Mahrez is iunlikely to have the same sort of season as the last imho. 

However er I would much rather keep Mr. Magic than lose him. He is a talent. 

Walsh though is pretty key now. Not many people make you a £27 million profit every year. Probably £77 million if we sell Mahrez. 

2 hours ago, Woof said:

Let us hope that Claudio and the Mercury are right and that there is a good chance he is staying.  For me Mahrez and Vardy are the two key players to keep.  Great though Kante was for us last season, it is much more difficult to create and score goals in the prem than to stop them.  As well as scoring them Mahrez creates chances and provides that touch of magic you need for a team to do well - just think of all the times he nutmegged defenders or left them on their arses last season :D

As well as the hard currency of goals these sorts of things lift and inspire everybody.  Until Mahrez came along, I can't remember seeing too much magic since the days of Muzzy Izzet.

Great post… agree completely… this is why these kind of players cost the most to acquire in the first place…

Mahrez will stay I'm 99.9% sure. 

Our line up will be. 

Kasper 

Simpson  Huth Morgan Fuchs

Mendy. Drinkwater       Mahrez                   Grey/ Albrighton 

Musa.       Vardy

plus the new signings and Schlupp improving all the Time on the left and Choudly Chillwell and Amartey I think one maybe two more and no more out we will definitely be top 6 maybe even push top 4 or title. 

People get hung up on players going. It is a job, and if someone offers you a chance of different opportunities, you look at them and you move it is to your advantage.

Everyone does it, so I don't see what the big problem is. 

They might make a wrong move, just like someone on here making a wrong move.

Get over it, they are young lads trying to better themselves. 

6 hours ago, Mezeker said:

i actually think he is the most irreplaceable, i don't think he is inconsistent at all, i think he tired out 2nd half of the season because he has a frail body type and was seeing double and triple coverage. Vardy is probably the least important of the 3, he was just first up at bat so we needed him to say no to not have everything go to shit. 

Mahrez sometimes got greedy and started running into blind alleys. But even on a bad day he was dangerous and some of the goals he scored or created were all but unpreventable despite all the analysis. 

But please don't underestimate Vardy. Time after time that guy made something out of nothing and was an absolute nightmare to mark.

We need them both and I can't see any reason we can't have another fabulous season with the same positive attitude next season.      

4 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Mahrez sometimes got greedy and started running into blind alleys. But even on a bad day he was dangerous and some of the goals he scored or created were all but unpreventable despite all the analysis. 

But please don't underestimate Vardy. Time after time that guy made something out of nothing and was an absolute nightmare to mark.

We need them both and I can't see any reason we can't have another fabulous season with the same positive attitude next season.      

Thracian - I recall you posting last season about something in our style of play that worried you but other sides hadn't picked up on it. did you ever expand on that or did it stay off the forum ?

8 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I've come to the conclusion that top wingers look terrible 3 quarters of the time but we persist with them for that 25% of magic that can unlock defences.

45 minutes ago, Thracian said:

I am in no way underestimating his value to the team but you are not going to tell me that he was more important than Kante and Mahrez. Not hearing it.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Thracian - I recall you posting last season about something in our style of play that worried you but other sides hadn't picked up on it. did you ever expand on that or did it stay off the forum ?

I said we had a specific weakness but I wouldn't dream of saying what it was. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/18/leicester-confident-riyad-mahrez-will-stay-but-would-ask-for-mor/

Few interesting things in this John Percy article.

We seem to value Mahrez at £50m or more but don't want to sell and are confident he will sign his new contract. 

Percy states the contract is worth £100k per week, instead of the £80k that has been reported elsewhere. 

Vardy has 'signed' his new contract. 

We've rejected the bid from West Brom for Schlupp and said he's not for sale. 

11 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/18/leicester-confident-riyad-mahrez-will-stay-but-would-ask-for-mor/

Few interesting things in this John Percy article.

We seem to value Mahrez at £50m or more but don't want to sell and are confident he will sign his new contract. 

Percy states the contract is worth £100k per week, instead of the £80k that has been reported elsewhere. 

Vardy has 'signed' his new contract. 

We've rejected the bid from West Brom for Schlupp and said he's not for sale. 

Positive stuff. Let's hope Mahrez signs the new deal then. 

6 hours ago, FIF said:

I have no problem with someone leaving to go to Barca or Real or to try playing abroad.

I don't have a problem with an older player wanting to try something different (like Huth with us).

Disappointed in Kanté.

I do agree that last season will be the career pinnacle of most of the squad's players.

Thing is there's nothing wrong with last season being our lads pinnacle.

Just the way that Rooneys pinnacle might well be winning the PL one year with United. (For example)

i just hope we are convincing players that we want to strive for more and not just be happy with one title!

4 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/07/18/transfer-rumor-roundup-mahrez-to-barcelona-wijnaldum-to-liverpool/

If we could get £50 million for Mahrez from Barcelona...would you let him go?

Barca?  I wouldn't stop any of our players going there or RM. If we did, we would never get anyone to sign for us without a shitty release clause at a low level!  You can't take away someone's dreams. I would suggest a loan back for this coming season though and see if that would work out. 

Archived