Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

Frankly who knows what is going to happen but we need to get real value for money if he leaves.  He's the PFA player of the year, young with massive potential.Our starting point for any sale ought to be no less than £100 million. If Bale went for £86 million a few years ago football has moved on since then and the amount of money floating around is crazy.

He's not just a very good player but his worth to us is immense. Personally I think he will leave within the next 12 months and I only hope our management team have the balls to extract the highest fee possible. Personally I'm not sure they are up to it. levy at Spurs wouldn't sell him at all or would get something close to £100 million.

5 minutes ago, Beliall said:

He's not Bale though. 45 may be a little low, but I couldn't see us getting much more than 60 TBH. Hopefully with a large sell on clause

I know but we need to start getting a bit tougher. If £100 million is our start point we might end up with £65 million.  If £45 million is our start point we might end up with £30 million. He has the potential to be as good as Bale.

And the statement in the Telegraph, if true, has basically just said he's for sale. Why not come out and say He's not for sale at any price.

5 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I just hope this is the last year we sell our best players. If we dont get a euro spot at the end of this coming season, we will be a selling club forever

Sadly we are always likely to be a selling club. We are a medium size club really and the chances of becoming bigger would mean massive investment not just in players but also in the ground.

The frustrating thing this year is that as a club we have much to look forward to in the short term and it was to be hoped that all the playing staff and non-playing staff would give it a real go and see what happens. Sadly that hasn't been the way things have worked out.

It would have been refreshing for all football, not just us,if all the players and management had come out at the end of last season and said we are not going anywhere we want to see the next season through etc etc. Of course that was unrealistic. Football is a sport where money rules and the big clubs embarrassed by our success won't let it happen again if they can help it. If you can't beat them on the pitch beat them off it by buying as many of their assets as you can. Southampton have suffered this for years for daring to try and break the big club's monopoly on success.

Investment in the city as well. Leicester can't compete with London. Keeping a player like Mahrez would always be tough. He is destined to play for a top European team and win lots of trophies. But it is hard to fathom why they wouldn't want to enjoy what they earned last season

13 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I just hope this is the last year we sell our best players. If we dont get a euro spot at the end of this coming season, we will be a selling club forever

Every club is a selling club other than Barcelona, United and Chelsea would lose their best players to them. All you can ever hope for is to move up the chain like we have been doing. Go back a couple of years and the likes of West Ham, Everton, Saints would have been steps up for people, now we're on their level.

11 minutes ago, reynard said:

I know but we need to start getting a bit tougher. If £100 million is our start point we might end up with £65 million.  If £45 million is our start point we might end up with £30 million. He has the potential to be as good as Bale.

And the statement in the Telegraph, if true, has basically just said he's for sale. Why not come out and say He's not for sale at any price.

If this is true you can only assume that Mahrez has told the club he wants to leave. Ranieri has always said he only wants happy players who want to be here. If he wants to go then we just have to get the best deal for the club. No point keeping an unhappy player, particularly one who can blow hot and cold like Mahrez.

Just now, Babylon said:

Every club is a selling club other than Barcelona, United and Chelsea would lose their best players to them. All you can ever hope for is to move up the chain like we have been doing. Go back a couple of years and the likes of West Ham, Everton, Saints would have been steps up for people, now we're on their level.

Good point.

Of course I'm desperate for him to stay, but I'm just still a little gobsmacked we will be looking at a 40-60 million pound sale for a Leicester City player!!!  a day I thought I'd never see in my lifetime.

1 minute ago, Beliall said:

Good point.

I've said before, for one reason or another we'll lose players. It's how you respond to losing them that's important, look at Saints. That's why the Walsh situation is so worrying, because with him there you felt like we'd win more than we lost in the transfer market.... now we're stepping into the unknown.

The club needs to keep the system and how we go about it in place, whatever the cost. We need a setup that can withstand any loss of a team member. So I hope they follow their plans and Ranieri isn't suddenly given free reign on signings.  I'd want them to do due diligence on how it worked at his previous clubs in terms of scouting before that happened, maybe he has got a great eye for a player... he had some great players join clubs he was at previously. But maybe that was down to their scouting and not him.

The last thing we want is another Sven situation where he's just buying players from his little black book, or from agents chucking players at us left right and centre.

46 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

It'll be fun to see who we would buy to replace him with Walsh gone. 

Rudkin has already prepared our £40m bid for Obertan

Short term I'm sure we'll be OK, the club will be aware of the targets for this summer and the contingencies should any of our top players leave. It's going forward when we need to evolve and continue to find the very best talent at competitive prices that we might come unstuck.

That said, Ranieri is a master and he'll make sure we recruit as well as possible. He's made some sensational signings over the years, don't get hung up on Benalouane and Inler. By all accounts Inler was on the radar before Claudio arrived so that leaves Benalouane and Demarai Gray whom it's quite clear Ranieri wanted him after preseason. Hardly disgraceful signings.

May be Sven left his black book in a draw in the Managers office?

CR has signed enough players in his time to know how to spot a good player, so do not fret.. 

I'd love us to hold some clubs to ransom, get a few of them in a bidding war and basically say biggest bid wins. Again I'll stand by the points I made when Vardy and Kante were the targets, if he wants to leave then let him but get as much fvcking cash from these pricks as possible. 

One of my mates is a Man city ST holder and fairly IKN their end. He is saying that City are going to make an offer of around the asking price, however he won't be used as a regular starter merely cover for the champions league and cup games. So if he was to leave, he would be stupid. 

1 minute ago, Callabinho said:

One of my mates is a Man city ST holder and fairly IKN their end. He is saying that City are going to make an offer of around the asking price, however he won't be used as a regular starter merely cover for the champions league and cup games. So if he was to leave, he would be stupid. 

He would 100% be a starter there.

Their current right winger is Jesus ****ing Navas.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

KDB and Sterling under Pep....

Sterling wouldn't start ahead of Mahrez for the simple fact that Mahrez has the ability to successfully pass the ball 5 yards.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Sterling wouldn't start ahead of Mahrez for the simple fact that Mahrez has the ability to successfully pass the ball 5 yards.

I think it's fairly certain Pep will give Sterling a good chance early on given all the press about him recently.

If it becomes about the money then he is also gone

city would pay him 150k like Chelsea are NG

we just can't compete with that

negotiate the best deal and move on

we should, however, still be insisting he stays for the upcoming season though. Do it for a second season and the offers for him (personally) can be even higher. 

i hope Nissan haven't done their advertising stuff just yet !!

Archived