Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

I personally think Riyad leaving isn't a bigger blow than say Vardy or Kante leaving.

Ngolo's key attributes and skills, are IMO, repeatable more frequently than what Riyad's are.

We've seen flair players in the past have a fall from grace after a successful season. Take Hazard for example. Defenders have learnt that his main threat is cutting in from the left.

Im not saying for one minute Riyad would fail miserably next season but i think he'll be targeted more next season and teams will give him special attention that he possibly didn't get last season, especially at the start.

Clearly I hope he stays but i think he's replaceable, unlike Kante.

8 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

I personally think Riyad leaving isn't a bigger blow than say Vardy or Kante leaving.

Ngolo's key attributes and skills, are IMO, repeatable more frequently than what Riyad's are.

We've seen flair players in the past have a fall from grace after a successful season. Take Hazard for example. Defenders have learnt that his main threat is cutting in from the left.

Im not saying for one minute Riyad would fail miserably next season but i think he'll be targeted more next season and teams will give him special attention that he possibly didn't get last season, especially at the start.

Naah .. he is not as one-dimensional as you are leading us to believe. Take another look at the tapes.

People are not rating Sterling. Neither do I. This is why Im generally anti speed merchants, unless they have real end product (Vardy, Henry etc). Most speed merchants do not though, most just run in straight lines and are brain dead.

Think of the best strikers in the game today. Lewandowski, Suarez, Costa, Aguero, Zlatan, Higuain. None of them have exceptional speed (decent speed but not rapid), but they have tremendous skill and a functioning brain. But here in England we hype up brain dead pace merchants like Walcott, Sterling, SWP, Lennon. We produce a million of them, but very few like Mahrez and David Silva.

1 minute ago, MattCan said:

Naah .. he is not as one-dimensional as you are leading us to believe. Take another look at the tapes.

Not sure where I said he's one dimensional? 

Just stating that he COULD be targeted more therefore leading to a less effective role.

12 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Skills might be repeatable, but the chances of seeing another mahrez at Leicester are very remote 

3 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Not sure where I said he's one dimensional? 

Just stating that he COULD be targeted more therefore leading to a less effective role.

That's exactly what Mahrez is all about. He finds ways to unlock situations and create chances for him and his teammates.

41 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

i disagree with you on that. mahrez will explode if he left our club. lets be honest for a second here. if he go to arsenal/chelsea. instead of simpson he gets azpi/bellerin. instead of danny he gets fabregas/ozil. instead of shinji he gets costa/higuain or icardi (if they sign). instead of marc he gets hazard/sanchez and you are telling me that with this huge upgrade he will not perform better. . 

edit: and for the replaceable part. how many RM/RW would have 17/11 in a team that is not based on position. mahrez is the only world class flair player that tracks back. and your are telling me that the player of the year is easy to replace

1 minute ago, the fox said:

i disagree with you on that. mahrez will explode if he left our club. lets be honest for a second here. if he go to arsenal/chelsea. instead of simpson he gets azpi/bellerin. instead of danny he gets fabregas/ozil. instead of shinji he gets costa/higuain or icardi (if they sign). instead of marc he gets hazard/sanchez and you are telling me that with this huge upgrade he will not perform better. 

See what point you are trying to make however the players you are belittling there actually won the title last season

doesnt get much better than that

5 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

See what point you are trying to make however the players you are belittling there actually won the title last season

doesnt get much better than that

winning the league and being great are totally different things. no one will take danny over cesc or ozil. no one will take simpson over azpi or bellerin and no one will take shinji ahead of costa. by your logic danny is better then gerard becouse gerard never won the league

1 minute ago, the fox said:

winning the league and being great are totally different things. no one will take danny over cesc or ozil. no one will take simpson over azpi or bellerin and no one will take shinji ahead of costa. by your logic danny is better then gerard becouse gerard never won the league

Huh? Where does my logic say that?

we (Leicester City) were the best team, and it is a team game remember, in the league last season. Mahrez wouldn't of played any better with any other team. He won the league with us and his stats were superb

12 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Huh? Where does my logic say that?

we (Leicester City) were the best team, and it is a team game remember, in the league last season. Mahrez wouldn't of played any better with any other team. He won the league with us and his stats were superb

not discrediting the players or any thing. it is just the fact that mahrez even with a RB that is not known for helping offensively and a LW that is not taking attention away from him and he won the poty. so i think if we had batter players mahrez will do better. thats all

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

Mahrez was 400k, and an unkown quantity

This is how ridiculously under-valued the guy was. He didn't even have a release clause like may others have. Did he even have a piece of contract paper (lol). I wouldn't be surprised if his wages were even lower than most of the starting eleven. I think he hasn't been praised enough for blindly trusting the club with his career. Now, the club can place a sale price of 45m pounds on him, a thing they couldn't do with Vardy or Kante.

1 minute ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Shit, Oxford are buying him? :unsure:

oh oh you mean the friendly tonight? lol

Apparently he's seeking "a new challenge". We've sold him for 500k and a free scholarship for all season ticket holders

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No reason why he wouldn't be

question is whether he gets any game time

Will probably play 2 different XI's like some of the friendlies last summer

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Just read rainieri has put a 45m price tag on mahrez, is this old news?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/18/leicester-confident-riyad-mahrez-will-stay-but-would-ask-for-mor/

What the hell is going on here. CR and the unhappy players thing. Now maybe quoted as he would want 45m + for rihad. That's an invite for every team in Europe to bid. Why is this all going on? If true, would it make rihad feel wanted, or just a golden goose to us. Are we planning a different way of playing next season. Hope that article is pure bs.

2 hours ago, ktfox59 said:

What the hell is going on here. CR and the unhappy players thing. Now maybe quoted as he would want 45m + for rihad. That's an invite for every team in Europe to bid. Why is this all going on? If true, would it make rihad feel wanted, or just a golden goose to us. Are we planning a different way of playing next season. Hope that article is pure bs.

If he wants to go and the owners have a price in mind that they would sell for then perhaps inviting all the clubs in Europe to become involved in a bidding war will get us a higher price? 

However, he would know where he wants to go so it becomes a bit academic.  Easiest option is to keep him! 

Archived