Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Well Ranieri is never one for making claims about players that aren't in any way true. He's usually non-committal about direct questions if unsure so unless this is a new tactic to pressure Mahrez then I'm content it's probably true. 

IIRC back in January Ranieri was asked about signing Amartey and he said he had never heard of Amartey before and didnt even know who he was. 3 days later or so Daniel Amartey is a City player. So Ranieri clearly lied.

I will believe Mahrez will stay when the window closes. Managers and players are not to be fully trusted.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Well Ranieri is never one for making claims about players that aren't in any way true. He's usually non-committal about direct questions if unsure so unless this is a new tactic to pressure Mahrez then I'm content it's probably true. 

I'm sure Mahrez has said he's happy and would stay to Ranieri, I don't think he's say that in public if he hadn't. But I think Ranieri said the same months ago, things change, people change their minds, offers get put on the table that weren't there before.

Personally, it's plus he said that to Ranieri whenever it was, but I'm certainly not taking it as a given he'll be here come the start of the season.

Guest CityFan 06

The partnership/link up play between Mahrez & Vardy was absolutely fantastic last season, if we can keep these two together it'd be such a boost for us.

Again another partnership of class was Drinkwater & Vardy last season. 

37 minutes ago, Koke said:

IIRC back in January Ranieri was asked about signing Amartey and he said he had never heard of Amartey before and didnt even know who he was. 3 days later or so Daniel Amartey is a City player. So Ranieri clearly lied.

I will believe Mahrez will stay when the window closes. Managers and players are not to be fully trusted.

Any chance you can give me the lotto numbers for tonight plse.

how do you know CR lied.

Last summer we were still active looking for players before we had named a manager.

We have a recruitment team and no manager would have time to scout around the world.

So the chances are he had never heard of him.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Any chance you can give me the lotto numbers for tonight plse.

how do you know CR lied.

Last summer we were still active looking for players before we had named a manager.

We have a recruitment team and no manager would have time to scout around the world.

So the chances are he had never heard of him.

Im pretty sure managers are aware of potential new signings on the radar (their names and nationality at the very least). Managers and players conceal the truth all the time, so my statement is hardly outrageous. Its a plus that Ranieri has come out and said Mahrez told him he wants to stay, but I wont take it as a guarantee. .

1 minute ago, MattCan said:

I feel that many clubs are thinking about Mahrez but still hesitating to submit the bid.

I think you maybe right.

Also expect 2 big teams to make offers after they have seen him in the flesh ripping them to bits.

These glamour pre season games may not be such a good thing.

51 minutes ago, Koke said:

I also remember him saying that we had finished doing business in one of the transfer windows and it wasn't true.

Just now, sylofox said:

I think you maybe right.

Also expect 2 big teams to make offers after they have seen him in the flesh ripping them to bits.

These glamour pre season games may not be such a good thing.

He'll be off so best to get used to it now.    Shame really cus if him and chubby chops had stayed I think with the new additions we could have won the Champions league.

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

He'll be off so best to get used to it now.    Shame really cus if him and chubby chops had stayed I think with the new additions we could have won the Champions league.

There is still hope, I think. Imho, it will come down to how much the club really wants him.

21 minutes ago, Koke said:

Im pretty sure managers are aware of potential new signings on the radar (their names and nationality at the very least). Managers and players conceal the truth all the time, so my statement is hardly outrageous. Its a plus that Ranieri has come out and said Mahrez told him he wants to stay, but I wont take it as a guarantee. .

Ever thought he may have ment he had never heard of him u till Walsh and co said this is the player for us.

55 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

I also remember him saying that we had finished doing business in one of the transfer windows and it wasn't true.

That's a little different than specifically saying a player is staying. Why risk the fans wrath if it's not true and why potentially alienate yourself from the player in question. Ranieri knows what he's doing.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

That's a little different than specifically saying a player is staying. Why risk the fans wrath if it's not true and why potentially alienate yourself from the player in question. Ranieri knows what he's doing.

Exactly this.  With the owners in town i'm sure they have been busy trying to sort out contracts and steady the ship.   Mahez will have his pay rise which will give him a higher starting wage when he goes and his agent will get a bigger cut of a massive transfer fee.  Hopefully the club will be sick of getting bent over by over clubs, so when the time comes for Mahrez to go they Fuch the club over with a massive fee 50m+ and lots of back end bonus payments.

People are happy take the word of a French journalist/faceless blog on twitter or BBC gossip page but not when it comes out of the managers mouth.

Sometimes I feel Claudio stumbles a little with the UK press when they fire a question off to him quickly, it gets a little lost in translation and they tend to take him literally.  English is his 3rd or 4th language.

Archived