Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

The source article they are basing it on (http://www.eurosport.fr/football/premier-league/2016-2017/mercato-riyad-mahrez-a-choisi-arsenal-et-ca-ne-devrait-plus-tarder_sto5695718/story.shtml) claims that he was in Lens with his agent yesterday.

Does anyone know off the top of their head how the timing of the Arse-Lens game and the timing of their flight to Glasgow compares, because I really can't be bothered to look

14 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Load of cobblers - ranieris comments weren't to put pressure on riyad, he's quite clearly not that sort of person, and Arsenal can't have made an offer to him before agreeing a fee with us, that'd be an illegal approach.

Sorry doc but how do you know that we haven't given him permission to speak with anyone else? 

i am am convinced that something is going on but whether it's just agents trying to increase our offer and the player has no intention of leaving or whether we are simply cashing in on another asset is the big question. 

8 minutes ago, brucey said:

The source article they are basing it on (http://www.eurosport.fr/football/premier-league/2016-2017/mercato-riyad-mahrez-a-choisi-arsenal-et-ca-ne-devrait-plus-tarder_sto5695718/story.shtml) claims that he was in Lens with his agent yesterday.

Does anyone know off the top of their head how the timing of the Arse-Lens game and the timing of their flight to Glasgow compares, because I really can't be bothered to look

Neither can I you lazy git ...    look yourself.   

Then let me know.

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

well Lens v Arsenal was at 7pm. 

He was seen in Glasgow during the day yesterday.

Just now, noodles said:

you think it doesnt happen all the time. 

Speaking to the player directly? No. No club is stupid enough to do that given things like that can't be kept under wraps in the internet age. Putting out feelers to see if the interest is there and worth pursuing, fair enough, but not actually sitting down and making an offer to him.

Just now, st albans fox said:

Sorry doc but how do you know that we haven't given him permission to speak with anyone else? 

i am am convinced that something is going on but whether it's just agents trying to increase our offer and the player has no intention of leaving or whether we are simply cashing in on another asset is the big question. 

Because Ranieri has been quite clear - the market is closed, Riyad has decided to stay. I trust our manager a hell of a lot more than I trust clickbait from random foreign websites.

Just now, The Doctor said:

Speaking to the player directly? No. No club is stupid enough to do that given things like that can't be kept under wraps in the internet age. Putting out feelers to see if the interest is there and worth pursuing, fair enough, but not actually sitting down and making an offer to him.

Because Ranieri has been quite clear - the market is closed, Riyad has decided to stay. I trust our manager a hell of a lot more than I trust clickbait from random foreign websites.

chelsea did it witth ashley cole i believe, happens all the time sometimes through agents but clubs know long before they have permission to speak to the player whether the player will accept their terms

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

I just got a push notification from Eurosport 'Mahrez to join Arsenal' - it quotes that same report. Fee is €50 million allegedly. 

Got to admit, I'm shitting it a bit now.

that's because the article above is linked to Eurosport as well?

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I heard it too. (I have my reservations - never comfortable when someone laughs as it tends to indicate a lack of sincerity). Anyway, the club may have given permission for Arsenal to speak to riyad's agents having received an acceptable bid. as is usual, the club will negotiate both sides of the deal, as will the agents. otherwise, it's a bit obvious that one side is bluffing. 

Riyad may well have told Claudio he wants to stay. However, if the club aren't prepared to meet his demands and Arsenal are then that doesn't make Claudio a liar. It's just business. hopefully it's Arsenal being used again like vardy did but I doubt they would open themselves up to ridicule twice in one window. 

Guest ttfn
9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

well Lens v Arsenal was at 7pm. 

He was seen in Glasgow during the day yesterday.

Sounds like a case for Jonathan Creek

Mahrez's agent was at Arsenal v Lens 

It also appears true that Mahrez has been staying in a hotel in London with his agent, despite some on here dismissing it. However, the hotel he was spotted at is near the heliport our owners use so could be simple coincidence, he photographed himself there with the helicopter, then deleted it. 

He can easily stay in a hotel in London next to the heliport, and then fly across in time to be photographed training in Glasgow in the evening. There was 5 hours between him being seen in London and training in Scotland. 

Guest ttfn
Just now, Mike20166 said:

Vardy bottling it looks like we're having Mahrez instead, we'll have to send a thank you card!!

And £45 million.

Just now, Lesteban said:

Mahrez's agent was at Arsenal v Lens 

It also appears true that Mahrez has been staying in a hotel in London with his agent, despite some on here dismissing it. However, the hotel he was spotted at is near the heliport our owners use so could be simple coincidence, he photographed himself there with the helicopter, then deleted it. 

bear in mind his agent probably has LOTS of other players on his books...

Archived