Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

Getting bored with rumours and players/agents being followed to make a story

Nothing concrete in this and the 50 million Euros sounds like a made up figure 

Unless a top Spanish side come in which is unlikely I think he will stay for another year

8 minutes ago, Mike20166 said:

A team who have won one title in their entire history slags off a club who've won more than every other professional club in London combined. Hilarious how a jammy win goes to people's heads!

Meanwhile, your two best players will be off in London while you get to keep Mr Johnny blue and 2 caNs of red bull, sit down lads!

Arsenal were fined and warned last season over the Callum Chambers deal.  I'm sure this is nothing more than a tactic from his agent, he gets Arsenal to say a wage they have in mind for him so he can get City to match and counter. 

The longer Mahrez is on his current contract the more money he is missing out on. 

Why would we sell him? I know Grey is an exciting prospect but Mahrez is a proven winner and fits in with our style. Surely we should turn down any bids this year? They way West Ham has done with Payet. I really hope the bulk of the club can stay together with another one or two judicious signings I will be fairly happy with our summer business.

6 minutes ago, Mike20166 said:

A team who have won one title in their entire history slags off a club who've won more than every other professional club in London combined. Hilarious how a jammy win goes to people's heads!

Meanwhile, your two best players will be off in London while you get to keep Mr Johnny blue and 2 caNs of red bull, sit down lads!

One title in our entire history? Try 9 mate or be a bit more specific. Winning the Premier League by 10 clear points is far from jammy, its more then Arsenal have achieved in 10 years! The only time our two best players will be in London is when Wasilewski is elbowing a hole in Giroud's head whilst Andy King is carving your awful defence open time after time with precision assists for Ahmed and Jamie to slot into the net, and they'll all be wearing the blue of the Champions. Mahrez will be on the Leicester bench because we won't want to embarrass you any more then you already have yourselves.

11 minutes ago, Jace said:

If I was given the choice of keeping Mahrez or selling to Arsenal for £45 million I'd take the £45 million any day. We already have a suitable replacement in Damarai Grey and Mahrez at Arsenal would help make them even more weaker and inconsistent than they already are. I don't believe its true though 

So you don't like Mahrez? 

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Why would we sell him? I know Grey is an exciting prospect but Mahrez is a proven winner and fits in with our style. Surely we should turn down any bids this year? They way West Ham has done with Payet. I really hope the bulk of the club can stay together with another one or two judicious signings I will be fairly happy with our summer business.

The point is Tanya, if Riyad has an indifferent season then his value will drop and we will also have spent several millions on increased wages. Perhaps Costing the club 20mill on what they could take now. if Arsenal are serious and have offered 45m then we will soon know how intent our owners are on continuing the dream or whether it's purely business. note that purely business has done ok for us thus far! 

20 minutes ago, Mike20166 said:

Oooooooooooo nibbleeeeeeeee

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The point is Tanya, if Riyad has an indifferent season then his value will drop and we will also have spent several millions on increased wages. Perhaps Costing the club 20mill on what they could take now. if Arsenal are serious and have offered 45m then we will soon know how intent our owners are on continuing the dream or whether it's purely business. note that purely business has done ok for us thus far! 

I understand the business rationale, but the long term future of the club could be even rosier if we continue our good form this season. Imagine if LCFC gets out of their CL group? I worry what another one of our key players leaving the club will do for performance and morale. But we shall we see. I really hope it doesn't come to pass.

Archived