Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

1 minute ago, foxy boxing said:

This ship is going places so why are players jumping for the liferafts mahrez will sink without trace at arsene al

But he, like NG, will be able to buy a bigger yacht!

no one could claim it's a poor career move. Not for a flair player like RM. 

and if he plays this evening then it neither proves nor disproves the rumours

its a friendly and he needs his fitness - wherever he is starting the season. 

if he flies out to LA then nothing is close. 

Selling Mahrez would be a huge blow not only to the footballing side but also the LCFC brand. While Kante was a great player he didn't have many 'followers'. 

Although pretty annoying Mahrez brings a lot of African fans to LCFC which is a huge market and could make us a fortune in merchandise over the years. As with Ranieri (Italian fans when we won the league) and Asian fans.

From a long term business point of view, Mahrez is worth a lot more than the measly £42mill we will get for him. Unless he wants to leave of course

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

Selling Mahrez would be a huge blow not only to the footballing side but also the LCFC brand. While Kante was a great player he didn't have many 'followers'. 

Although pretty annoying Mahrez brings a lot of African fans to LCFC which is a huge market and could make us a fortune in merchandise over the years. As with Ranieri (Italian fans when we won the league) and Asian fans.

From a long term business point of view, Mahrez is worth a lot more than the measly £42mill we will get for him. Unless he wants to leave of course

I don't think it's a blow.

NG is arguably more difficult to replace than Mahrez (despite being EPLMVP).

Unlike NG he's put his time in here and he deserves big pay. If he can get that somewhere else I don't blame him . I'd have thought he'd go to Europe and would've been happier with that but I won't think as badly of him as I do of NG.

As I said earlier Gray is going to be gold and this will open up time for him. Gray will also make more effort going back in defence.

23 minutes ago, FIF said:

Unlike NG he's put his time in here and he deserves big pay. If he can get that somewhere else I don't blame him . I'd have thought he'd go to Europe and would've been happier with that but I won't think as badly of him as I do of NG.

As I said earlier Gray is going to be gold and this will open up time for him. Gray will also make more effort going back in defence.

On the pitch Kante is a bigger blow yes I agree, but from a 'marketing' perspective Mahrez is a bigger loss. No African fans will be interested in LCFC anymore, currently we have the best African player, it's a huge market / fanbase

i agree we should be paying Mahrez 100k / 120k a week and I don't think any other players would argue with that.

As you said, if Mahrez left I would cheer him upon his return but Kante will be booed

24 minutes ago, FIF said:

I really don't get this argument.  Yes we got away with playing 2 in midfield to a extent because of how much ground Kante covered. But we have been lacking a real goalscorer for a number of years.  For me vardys goals and Mahrez goals and assists would be more difficulty to replace. Our back 4 are out and out defenders. So long as they get a certain level of protection they can cope.

For me I will be much more disappointed should vardy back track or mahrez goes.

I an finally see some merit in being a 'Trees' fan. The only thing that get poached at that Club are eggs. Why is success so stressful?

Archived