Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

10 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

We just need to ask Mahrez for one more season, just like Man U did with Ronaldo.

We need him for the champions league, if he lights it up like Bale did a few years ago we could honestly get between 80-100million for him.

He will leave eventually, we all know that, but one more season at least is what we need to aim for.

Agree we should keep him but I'm not sure about the short termism. If we do well again this season he may yet come to love this club more than money and, besides, we'll be even better placed to look after him. i don't say we will manage to keep him - or that he's not replaceable - but we can try. 

I've mentioned it before but Leicester City is well placed to write the sporting story of the century, something to be remembered - and proud of - long after any pay packet.

What would i prefer? £100,000 a week as a massive part of sporting history or £120,000 as just another good player at Arsenal or Barcelona. I reckon I'd go for the history-making. Money's never been a God to me.   

21 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I an finally see some merit in being a 'Trees' fan. The only thing that get poached at that Club are eggs. Why is success so stressful?

Why stressed..justc  enjoy the various

Question to forum lawyers...

Ranieri hence the club have said Write what you like, he is staying.

Are we not now  getting into illegal approaches through the media????

Are London journalist/with Arsenal now pushing the issue too far  to tempt the player.

I thought this style of "poaching"  had become illegal.

I dont know , just asking....

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Are London journalist/with Arsenal now pushing the issue too far  to tempt the player.

Well you answered your own question.. Media have been told to write what they like

9 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Not sure the PL can do anything to a news paper. They need proof it is direct from arsenal and not agent or reporter shite.

It is more like his agent trying to force it.

The fact CR said write what you like will not help.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It was reported this week that our stance on riyad's value relates to sterling's fee. we won't be getting much more than 50m. citeh paid the fee for potential re a kid of 19. Riyad has been quality for around a season and a bit. if he isn't bothered about where he goes then we had a chance of an auction raising the fee but if he only wants to go to one place then we can't. We and his agent should be trying to make a deal with barca for next summer (or putting in a barca release clause at 40m with a general one at 50m.). that way, he has a route out of here for the club of his dreams. 

I think you're undervaluing Mahrez by a couple of pounds.  I read the Sterling fee as a starting point not the max price.  He has three  years left on a contract and no release clause, his price should be what he's worth to us and how much the bidding team want him, not a lower price so that Mahrez can get his dream move and get more wages at his new club. His agent can spin the press and create interest but the club does hold all the cards, no matter how much Claudio states he doesn't want unhappy players at the team.

Barcelona have a young winger called Munir El-Haddadi, they have just set his release clause at 60M Euro.  If he plays against us you can see if we should still be selling Mahrez for £40M/47M Euro.

Best thing to do is totally switch off all the media shit. We are victims of our own success where the media is concerned, the football world is looking up and taking notice we are worth writing about and a damned good topic for hungrey jorno's. Do what I do ignore it all because there are very few writers who actually have any factual news. Claudio has said openly in interviews that RM is going nowhere so thats good enough for me.

6 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Anyone wanting some easy money, then back Riyad to leave. Kaputska is happening and Luan from Gremio was/has never been a target. Claudio wants Aquilani but staff urging him otherwise. Interesting times ahead!

Thanks 'Top' for the heads-up. Top man, I am piling on now with Betfred.

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Well wtf don't Talkshite start disrupting Spurs' players - you know he biggest bottlers who won nowt??

You've answered your own question ...   cus we are the bigger team ..    the bigger story ....   we are BIG news ...     and they are just big bottlers.

It was also said on Talkshite this morning, about the team starting to fragment, despite Kante so far, being the only immortal that we`ve lost from last season, on the playing side.

Once Kante had gone, the media and pundits were always going to suggest Mahrez wants to leave, just as, if he did leave, they will no doubt move back to Vardy being upset at the loss of Kante and Mahrez, and wanting to leave, and so on and so on, until the transfer window shuts.

As far as the media and pundits are concerned, last seasons story is done,and it took them at least three quarters of the season to even accept that we would be a good story!

This season, they want the story to be Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, the rise of Chelsea and Liverpool once more, and in the meantime, while they are waiting for those stories to develop, they will take great pleasure in their hope, that this pre season and transfer window will see the start of the demise of Leicester City.

They think we are going away, back to making the numbers up at best, and fighting to stay up every season. 

I personally think, like last season, they underestimate us, but let them think what they want, we will just do what we done last season, and let our football on the pitch do the talking for us.

This whole thing is now tedious. The fact the press are writing about photo-chopped pictures is a testament to gutter press journalism..  

Journalist and media hacks reporting this morning this is a done deal and we are accepting 35 million for him?

Honestly, you couldn't buy his left knacker for 35 million.  They all seriously need to do one.

Doing all they can to try and destabilise our club, especially after how we played yesterday.

If there is no release clause and we sell him for anything less than £65m there are serious issues with our backroom team.  We're in a world where Burnley can refuse £15m for Keane, Watford wanting £30m for Deeney, Sterling previously being bought for almost £50m etc. etc. and this guy is a proven goalscorer, assist machine, POTY winner and all round match winner.  This one should be a very easy negotiation, £75m or PFO.  On the side we should be trying to keep Mahrez sweet with a pay rise and some kind of sweetner if Barcelona ever comes in for him after this season and he wants to go.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

It's like they want to pick us apart one at a time ...   jeez we really rocked the fookin boat by having the cheek to win the league !     :scarf:

I know I feel like the usual top 4 or so teams would love to see all our top players leave and Leicester fail miserably next season. I feel like most of these journos are just writing these stories out of spite. 

Whatever it takes to keep Mahrez City must do it, best player on the ball I've seen in a City shirt, plus it will shut every bloody person I bump into saying 'you won't have a team next season' :rolleyes:

Up the City.....:scarf:

Riyad is not as foregone conclusion as Kante. Kante had already made up his mind he wanted to leave before we picked up the trophy. He, for his own convenience waited until the end of the Euros to get it done. 

Riyad on the other hand has had a summer in which to jump ship. Arsenal are not daft, they went for Vardy before the Euros and could easily have gone for Riyad at the same time had his agent given them and inkling he wanted out. They didn't, which gives me hope that if he is considering it, he is in two minds. 

Personally, I don't think Riyad is Arsenal's first choice and I don't think Arsenal is Riyad's. He would go if Barca made a bid and that Im sure of. He might just be waiting for our game against Barca to really show what he can do. 

Despite what their fans may think. Arsenal are not a huge club. They're the equivalent of Valencia or Fiorentina. They've had some success in the past but nothing to compare to the handful of truly elite clubs who have dominated their league and European football at some point in time. Gerrard once said to Suarez why settle for mediocre when in a years time you could be at Barca.

A good champions league campaign and Riyad could have his pick of elite European clubs. Arsenal will continue to be mediocre for what they invest in years time as usual. I think Riyad is better than that. 

Archived