Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

19 minutes ago, Benji said:

If there is no release clause and we sell him for anything less than £65m there are serious issues with our backroom team.  We're in a world where Burnley can refuse £15m for Keane, Watford wanting £30m for Deeney, Sterling previously being bought for almost £50m etc. etc. and this guy is a proven goalscorer, assist machine, POTY winner and all round match winner.  This one should be a very easy negotiation, £75m or PFO.  On the side we should be trying to keep Mahrez sweet with a pay rise and some kind of sweetner if Barcelona ever comes in for him after this season and he wants to go.

I totally agree, Everton want 65 Mil for Lukaku. Player of the year has to be worth 10 Mil I think your right on the money at 70/75Mil for Mahrez. But really the club should be stating he's not for Sale. 

If his and our profile keeps rising which I expect the club will sell 40 Million worth of Mahrez jerseys over the next couple of seasons.

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Riyad is not as foregone conclusion as Kante. Kante had already made up his mind he wanted to leave before we picked up the trophy. He, for his own convenience waited until the end of the Euros to get it done. 

Riyad on the other hand has had a summer in which to jump ship. Arsenal are not daft, they went for Vardy before the Euros and could easily have gone for Riyad at the same time had his agent given them and inkling he wanted out. They didn't, which gives me hope that if he is considering it, he is in two minds. 

Personally, I don't think Riyad is Arsenal's first choice and I don't think Arsenal is Riyad's. He would go if Barca made a bid and that Im sure of. He might just be waiting for our game against Barca to really show what he can do. 

Despite what their fans may think. Arsenal are not a huge club. They're the equivalent of Valencia or Fiorentina. They've had some success in the past but nothing to compare to the handful of truly elite clubs who have dominated their league and European football at some point in time. Gerrard once said to Suarez why settle for mediocre when in a years time you could be at Barca.

A good champions league campaign and Riyad could have his pick of elite European clubs. Arsenal will continue to be mediocre for what they invest in years time as usual. I think Riyad is better than that. 

I agree, however, Arsenal have a great record of qualifying for the CL unlike say Valencia or Fiorentina. He may think that the likes of Barca, Real etc may never come calling, hence why I think he would jump at the chance to join them.

I agree with you that he's too good for Arsenal and he is more than good enough for the real elite sides.

I sincerely hope he stays but unfortunately he won't.

9 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

We really need CR or the Owners to come out and say he's not for sale. Like Watford did with Deeney.

Ranieri is doing his job,now owners should says their word

like West Ham about Payet and yes Deeney's rejected bids 

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Riyad is not as foregone conclusion as Kante. Kante had already made up his mind he wanted to leave before we picked up the trophy. He, for his own convenience waited until the end of the Euros to get it done. 

Riyad on the other hand has had a summer in which to jump ship. Arsenal are not daft, they went for Vardy before the Euros and could easily have gone for Riyad at the same time had his agent given them and inkling he wanted out. They didn't, which gives me hope that if he is considering it, he is in two minds. 

Personally, I don't think Riyad is Arsenal's first choice and I don't think Arsenal is Riyad's. He would go if Barca made a bid and that Im sure of. He might just be waiting for our game against Barca to really show what he can do. 

Despite what their fans may think. Arsenal are not a huge club. They're the equivalent of Valencia or Fiorentina. They've had some success in the past but nothing to compare to the handful of truly elite clubs who have dominated their league and European football at some point in time. Gerrard once said to Suarez why settle for mediocre when in a years time you could be at Barca.

A good champions league campaign and Riyad could have his pick of elite European clubs. Arsenal will continue to be mediocre for what they invest in years time as usual. I think Riyad is better than that. 

But would Barca want him though? He would just be a bench warmer at Barcelona.

31 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

I agree, however, Arsenal have a great record of qualifying for the CL unlike say Valencia or Fiorentina. He may think that the likes of Barca, Real etc may never come calling, hence why I think he would jump at the chance to join them.

I agree with you that he's too good for Arsenal and he is more than good enough for the real elite sides.

Arsenal do have a great record of qualifying for the CL, but they've also stagnated as a club and haven't progressed in over a decade. Granted they've stagnated at a very high level but it's like they're happy to be runners up or nearly men every year.

We're on a massive upwards curve. Yes we could hit the buffers and drop off, it might be this year, it might be in ten, (but top players leaving won't help stop that) but that could happen to any club, look at Man U, Liverpool and even Chelsea last year. I'm hoping he's sensible enough to see we're a club reaching for the stars, even if we can't always reach them, rather than join a club like Arsenal who are just content to gaze admiringly at them.

The owners or Rudkin are not going to make statements about transfers. They will not involve themselves in the media circus. Why? They do not want to sell Mahrez and Mahrez is happy at Leicester. But say for example, if Barcelona came in with a £75 million pound offer, Mahrez would rightly want to go and we would probably be happy to accept.

There is no point in making a statement when things could change with the drop of a hat.

Personally im not too concerned about Arsenal ( we may be able to match  their salaries), or Chelsea (i think  Mahrez wants CL), i do however  fear that a CL team offerring hugh salary may tempt him , hope im wrong

People need to stop living in fear. Mahrez will most likely leave one day. We would all leave Leicester for one of the great clubs. We need to realise that we are still a relatively small premier club like Southampton. If we do find any gems like Mahrez, they will more than likely leave for one of the big teams.

I do hope that people won't be disheartened if we finish outside of the top 6 - which is a distinct possibility.

9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Expecting/hoping a nice photo op once Vardy links up with the squad in The US, him and Mahrez putting pen to paper confirming new deals 

As I would love to splash some cash on a Mahrez shirt at the ICC, this would be tremendous. 

14 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Expecting/hoping a nice photo op once Vardy links up with the squad in The US, him and Mahrez putting pen to paper confirming new deals 

Well I posted in the Vardy agrees deal thread earlier saying I am expected him to sign this week as it'll be when he first joins up with the club/team, hopefully it'd be with Mahrez it makes sense, but I think Mahrez is just bargaining with the club to get a better deal so I guess it's a case of how drawn out that will be.

1 hour ago, eddylcfc said:

Not questioning you, just curious how you're so confident? I noticed you posted earlier is all and you seem so sure, I'm just a nosey so and so really :D

His current contract is to 2019, is that right? We could quite easily just say he's not for sale. If he wants to go, then I think we have to let him go, we should be in a position to get a great price.

From what I've seen him post on Facebook and Twitter, and in the last two games he doesn't seem unhappy here though.

Mahrez and Kante are close friends and no doubt N'golo has been effusive about the facilities and lifestyle in London. 

However it feels as though Mahrez has good advisers and family around him. He's clearly a down to earth family man who realises he could still be stuck playing in Ligue 2 were it not for a twist of fate. 

He has been here for a few seasons now and I imagine he'll be looking to move as he approaches his peak playing years. Nobody would begrudge him a move to Real, Barca, Juve or Man Utd even. 

I I would be dismayed at a club like Arsenal winning his signature. It's clear Arsenal are no longer a 'top 4' team - if that is even still a thing. The mega money of Chelsea, Man Utd & Man City means players will stil go there even without Champions league football. Arsenal are fighting with Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool and yes Us (perhaps Everton too) for that covetted 4th spot. 

So yes we'll lose Riyad Mahrez if not in this transfer window then definitely the next. By which time he will have announced his presence on the European stage.  

Winning the league with scrappy little leicester has made Mahrez a minor legend; but you couldn't blame him for wanting a proper challenge. Coz if he managed to win the league with absolute no-hopers like arsenal that would make him immortal. 

29 minutes ago, Micky said:

People need to stop living in fear. Mahrez will most likely leave one day. We would all leave Leicester for one of the great clubs. We need to realise that we are still a relatively small premier club like Southampton. If we do find any gems like Mahrez, they will more than likely leave for one of the big teams.

I do hope that people won't be disheartened if we finish outside of the top 6 - which is a distinct possibility.

Couldn't agree more, it's part and parcel of football, I still can't believe we have developed a player that is worth £££££, I never thought I'd see the day. it's credit to all involved at the club, if he goes I'm sure the club will have someone ready to step in.

I can't imagine how Southampton fans feel every transfer window, or if Liverpool get some spare cash. I bet their forum goes into meltdown.

My only hope is that if he does move, he gets minutes every week, and isn't being bought to prove a point.

2 minutes ago, moseeds said:

Mahrez and Kante are close friends and no doubt N'golo has been effusive about the facilities and lifestyle in London. 

However it feels as though Mahrez has good advisers and family around him. He's clearly a down to earth family man who realises he could still be stuck playing in Ligue 2 were it not for a twist of fate. 

He has been here for a few seasons now and I imagine he'll be looking to move as he approaches his peak playing years. Nobody would begrudge him a move to Real, Barca, Juve or Man Utd even. 

I I would be dismayed at a club like Arsenal winning his signature. It's clear Arsenal are no longer a 'top 4' team - if that is even still a thing. The mega money of Chelsea, Man Utd & Man City means players will stil go there even without Champions league football. Arsenal are fighting with Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool and yes Us (perhaps Everton too) for that covetted 4th spot. 

So yes we'll lose Riyad Mahrez if not in this transfer window then definitely the next. By which time he will have announced his presence on the European stage.  

He's only been there 5 minutes !!   Not really long enough to know about the 'facilities and lifestyle' I would have thought ....

And why do we have to lose anyone !!

36 minutes ago, Bluearmy 316 said:

Just come across this hope it's click bait crap 

image.png

image.png

It's shit like this that makes me hate football now. Gone are the days where a club makes a bid for a player, we reject the bid and we move on. Instead we have the media and companies like this speculating on shit they know nothing about and then potentially unsettling one of our star players. Since teams can't tap players up anymore it seems other tactics are used to stir shit up. What annoys me most is that Burnley and Watford can keep hold of their star players but the premier league champions can't. If Mahrez joins a premier league rival it will be unforgivable just like Kante as I believe both of them could have gone to Real or Barce either this summer or next which would have been easier for us fans to accept. 

Archived