Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

Leicester City's biggest problem with FFP is getting new deals signed with sponsors...it is purely a revenue in, expenses out system. It's probably why they did the big tour to Thailand: Part of the FFP rules is that owners cannot give more than "fair value" money from their companies in sponsorship deals for their teams. Dominating the news cycle in Thailand, and having over a million fans on the streets of Bangkok means that LCFC can renegotiate its deal with King Power, without UEFA raising questions. Considering how many main sponsors are from Thailand, it means bigger deals with them (a bit of crony capitalism would certainly not be at play here). But they have to be firmly in place before the club can start giving everyone raises. But they are getting done (the new DHL deal was announced today; Nissan announced it was focusing its Champions League ad campaign on LCFC). In some ways, the success came too quickly, and the club didn't have the backroom staff in place to deal with dozens of contracts needing renegotiating (both players, and sponsors).

Guest Col city fan

I did write this, after the final game of last season, the club is at a watershed. I really think it is. It's not at all surprising that the players are upping the ante.

We've coasted the league, we'll be playing at the top level in Europe and we have gained worldwide recognition. The Drinkwater's of this world are going to want to be paid even more handsomely for this. I guess it's only fair to be honest. Why should Ozil be paid 150k per week for not winning the league, when Mahrez is on possibly half that, after lifting the Premiership trophy?

The players and their agents will want parity. 

It's pretty much stick or twist time for the club. Either we offer salaries commensurate to our success or don't and risk losing our top players. I think it's that simple. A cap on salaries doesn't really equate to how well we've done. Not when other clubs don't do this OR set the ceiling much higher.

We are almost the victims of our own success in this respect and I say again, it will be interesting to see what the club does. Spend big, pay the wages and kick on or stick the principles that actually resulted in us winning the league?

Tough call at the moment.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Interesting that we haven't seen any comments from reliable ITK's. On vardy we were told to 'chill out' on the Saturday morning, on kante, we were told he had 'pleaded' with the club to allow him to leave. on Riyad ....... Perhaps no one knows anything? 

He is staying

he is happy at Leicester 

end  of story

8 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

He's gonna go isn't he? :(

The harder I think about this the more I think he is. I don't want him tot go but I would now be surprised if he stays. I think it's now about the club trying to create an auction for his signature. they may go to the club that has already negotiated a personal deal with his agent and give them a 'knockout price' which I suspect will be around 50m to avoid further speculation and damage to our pre season. 

19 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I wonder if the money from Kante and Mahrez(if he goes) will be re invested fully, or will we continue with our approach thus far?

I think that's a great question and deserves a thread of its own in the other area IF Riyad leaves. Given that we haven't really spent anything nett this window thus far, it's probably a good thread question whatever happens . 

if it were not re-invested, then we would be a one season wonder destined for a mediocre future. I cannot see our Owners wanting this.

If the club sell him then its a step backwards for the owners and i would have to question their ambition.

I think Mahrez has more brains and loyalty than kunte and i would like to think he will give it one more year, smash the champions league and go to Barca.

3 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

If the club sell him then its a step backwards for the owners and i would have to question their ambition.

The club will do what they can  to keep him - I'm sure of that but they won't want to have an 'unhappy' player. We play on the edge. That last few percent is vital. his value now approx 50m. If he did stay and had a stellar  season then I would still expect us to receive 50m when he does go. it's generally going to be about money. Sad but true. 

btw, Claudio adjusting his words must have some significance? not saying in which direction but something has changed since Saturday evening in ranieri's mind. 

1 hour ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

He's gonna go isn't he? :(

If he goes, he goes... But for once I want the club to play hard ball and demand a massive fee. Every other team out there does it.

Ranieris reasons for him staying are poor as well, playing on his fears of not playing. Saying he's the star here and elsewhere there are loads... Yeah, who'd want to go and play with loads of stars!!!

Be bloody positive, say we can do something special this season, tell him we're ambitious, sell him another dream. It's all defeatist.

Life was so much easier 30yrs ago. No weeks on end of pain and misery. Just turn RL on to find out we had bought or sold someone. Odd times news broke early about 2 days early but now days it seems like some WWII tortures. January will feet like they have reinvented the rack and thumb screws

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Life was so much easier 30yrs ago. No weeks on end of pain and misery. Just turn RL on to find out we had bought or sold someone. Odd times news broke early about 2 days early but now days it seems like some WWII tortures. January will feet like they have reinvented the rack and thumb screws

But before the window, this happened nearly every day throughout the season. now at least it stops end of the windows. With all the money sloshing about it would be intolerable now not to have a window of some kind. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

But before the window, this happened nearly every day throughout the season. now at least it stops end of the windows. With all the money sloshing about it would be intolerable now not to have a window of some kind. 

Yes it did happen all but the last 6 weeks of the season. But the speculation was not like it is today. The breakdown of the whole thing we get now. Next it's will report when certain players fart in the bath.

5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Has Riyad's username on Instagram always been 'RiyadMahrez26.7' or is that a recent change?!

If not, I hope it's because he's taking our no.7 shirt and not someone else's...

He's usually number 7 for Algeria.

I somehow dont see Arsenal paying up the £40m or more for Mahrez. They are penny pinchers. If Arsenal are the only interested party I am confident we can keep Mahrez. If Chelsea get involved then I will seriously get worried. Chelsea dont mess about, they go for the kill and get the players they want (except for Stones)

O well.. Let's just hope the circa £75m we get in for Kunte and Mahrez is reinvested sensibly.. 

What a shame we couldn't have kept this team together,  we're going to look a completely different animal without those two playing! 

I fear the worst now! 

Archived