Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

O well.. Let's just hope the circa £75m we get in for Kunte and Mahrez is reinvested sensibly.. 

What a shame we couldn't have kept this team together,  we're going to look a completely different animal without those two playing! 

I fear the worst now! 

Calm down mun he ain't gone anywhere.

Why the negativity this morning?

Have we released a statement , from what I can see is that not what Claudio said after Saturday's match ?

:edit seen espn ...

i agree do all we can .we have to play hard ball. IF NO CLAUSE?

pfa player of the year ffs worth being our top earner ...? 

16 minutes ago, dominicmsb said:

Honestly can't see Arsenal coming up with £55+ for a player after 1 season but if they do I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Wrigglesworth has something to do with it :ph34r:

I agree. I dont see that either. Especially considering they have already spent almost £30m on Xhaka already. its unprecedented for Wenger to make 2 big name signings in one window.

As long as Chelsea are not interested, I am relatively confident we can keep him.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Wenger said yesterday they are prepared to spend Big on the right player!! 

Yeah, that'd be the striker they need desperately, not another creative wide man.

Whether Arsenal are prepared to spend big should be irrelevant. Mahrez is under contract with no release clause- would it be too much for Claudio to come out and say 'he's happy here and not for sale at any price', rather than fuelling speculation and potentially unsettling him?

5 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Whether Arsenal are prepared to spend big should be irrelevant. Mahrez is under contract with no release clause- would it be too much for Claudio to come out and say 'he's happy here and not for sale at any price', rather than fuelling speculation and potentially unsettling him?

He's said repeatedly mahrez is staying...

5 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

But Ranieri has made it clear that he doesn't want unhappy players!.. If Mahrez sulks because he can't leave then I assume Ranieri wouldn't want him around? 

Just now, weller54 said:

But Ranieri has made it clear that he doesn't want unhappy players!.. If Mahrez sulks because he can't leave then I assume Ranieri wouldn't want him around? 

Not all players sulk when they don't get what they want. Mahrez doesn't seem like a sulker. The club needs to tell him that he's not leaving and that's that, as Everton did with Stones and Watford have done with Deeney. If our policy is to let anybody go who says they want a transfer, we're going to be constantly selling players for less than market value.

As a club and fans we need to completely forget about this £40-£50m figure being speculated. It is simply not enough as we don't want to sell him.

We want to keep him and if there is no release clause the he should stay unless he makes it clear that he wants to leave. We play hardball If he says he wants to go and the transfer fee needs to be on our terms. Considering some fees for lesser players then £65-£70m is a minimum for last seasons PFA player of the year.

It was more the 'he's not for sale at any price' I was getting at, but I take your points. 

I should probably stop over-analysing everything, but I can't help but feel we're not dealing with this speculation particularly well.

As for keeping him here if he fancies a move, I really don't think he'd throw his toys out of the pram, doesn't seem the type. Just reject any offer, have a chat with him, convince him we're the right club at this stage of him development and assure him that we'll listen to offers next year when a genuinely big club comes in for him.

Ranieri's tone is making me more pessimistic, but you can never tell how accurately the reported words reflect his thoughts, or the true situation.

It's good that Top is flying over to see at first hand how things stand and to clarify our policy.

If it's decided that our business model can't sustain spiralling wage offers in order to keep our stars then, whilst it"s disappointing that we can't keep our whole team together for this coming season, it's not the end of the world.

We just maintain the methodology that has served us so well so far. Mahrez is something special, wonderful and thrilling to watch, but surely not irreplaceable. We do what we've always done - look for an undiscovered gem at a cheaper price (and with much lower wage demands).

There are good grounds for believing that the out-of-control, vulgar spending by the "top" clubs is not going to bring them instant success. Onwards and upwards!

To not capitalise on last season and look to cement our place at the right end of the table would be even worse & as big a turning point than selling Heskey after that Sunderland game

Now we look to have added some real quality this summer, the loss of a super-human midfielder & the top scout/asst mgr in the game, it means our additions could be standing still (which of course means backwards) now of course I'm not expecting us to be title challengers & the remaining players won't turn bad instantly

But the loss of Mahrez a difference-maker, when we have Champions League football, unprecedented TV money and a team spirit that should make anyone think twice about leaving would be a massive, massive blow.

You can't replace difference-makers like Mahrez, Bale & others

Archived