Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

This is getting ridiculous

yesterday you were sure because Raneiri said "he will stay",today you are desperate because of Claudio saing "i think and i hope he will stay" 

A single word can make you desperate

all day refreshing newsnow to see if there is something new ,but there is nothing - all time there was just "clubs are interested in him and thats all,no direct talk,just interest"

enough with me

I am sure he will stay,if he wanted to go he would do it already and yes,claudio saying he doesnt want unhappy people and they can go but club aint gonna just let him go

and yet he is really happy

leaving for better place for 1 week without internet,tired with this transfer talk

1 hour ago, crisp packet said:

Everton - John stones

westbrom - saido berahino

just a few off the top of my head who had bigger clubs after there players who just said no . 

Well, that went so well for those two didn't it!?

Unless RM states that he wants to leave in the strongest possible terms he'll be here next season. The club have ambition and won't be tempted by £40 million when they know that he'll be worth around that at the end of next season too. He's a key figure in the team that having already lost Kante we won't risk the impact on the football to be played this year on the world stage. It'll sadly come down to the player and his desires - and maybe we should help him make that decision in increasing the contract terms we are offering.

5 minutes ago, Phube said:

Well, that went so well for those two didn't it!?

A little different in that I'm sure we wouldn't stand in his way after 1 more season. I think asking for one more season after all that happened to the club last season really isn't being that unreasonable.

Away from Leicester City world don't you lot have any dealings with the media in some form in Post Office world most stories are total rubbish, untrue completely wrong or old. Yet all the media are sat on a very nasty hammer blow for this government owned business, proper front page scandal yet hold fire as it must benefit them. Is there any reason to believe they are not as poor with stories about our club. Our Owners do not fit the type of owners the media prefer, they keep their business to themselves they are low key and basically keep doing what they are doing very very well.

Remember a few weeks back Mahrez had a £20 million release clause, which seems to have disappeared, Vardy had gone to Arsenal and we were in meltdown. This would be the same press who had us as relegation certs and Claudio 1st for the sack last season, the press that laughed when the owners claimed they wanted a top 6 finish within 3 years. It is a bit like market research surveys, tell us the answers you want and we will give you the questions to ask. One bloke who didn't want to be here has left for a record fee and a member of the backroom staff have moved hardly the disarray the press claim spread enough rumours and some will come true hardly makes you ITK.

Just as a side note, is there a separate 'Arsenal fans' thread somewhere to laugh at just how obnoxious and desperate they have all came across on twitter this window - and even last season to an extent - its been beyond embarrassing! 

17 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Away from Leicester City world don't you lot have any dealings with the media in some form in Post Office world most stories are total rubbish, untrue completely wrong or old. Yet all the media are sat on a very nasty hammer blow for this government owned business, proper front page scandal yet hold fire as it must benefit them. Is there any reason to believe they are not as poor with stories about our club. Our Owners do not fit the type of owners the media prefer, they keep their business to themselves they are low key and basically keep doing what they are doing very very well.

Remember a few weeks back Mahrez had a £20 million release clause, which seems to have disappeared, Vardy had gone to Arsenal and we were in meltdown. This would be the same press who had us as relegation certs and Claudio 1st for the sack last season, the press that laughed when the owners claimed they wanted a top 6 finish within 3 years. It is a bit like market research surveys, tell us the answers you want and we will give you the questions to ask. One bloke who didn't want to be here has left for a record fee and a member of the backroom staff have moved hardly the disarray the press claim spread enough rumours and some will come true hardly makes you ITK.

Superb post Katie, exactly my sentiments!

I dare all of you..!!!!

Dont post on this topic, on the transfer theme for a whole week.

All of you are screwing yourselves up your own  ar$es.

panicking, crying, shting in your pants.Doing exactly what the incompetent media

is doing.Gnawing at a meatless, marrowless bones.

Sitback hum to yourselves and twiddle your fingers , sitback and actually enjoy

this consistent media pecking of our players.

If ALL  our players are not strong enough, clever enough to take on Ranieris challenge,

to take those dreams also facts  further, Then those favourite players are not worth our

backing...

1. Kante was not strong enough and could still fail, not up for the challenge.

2. Mahrez, if he went to a PL club, ...no imagination, not up for the challenge.

Barcelona or its ilk.I could understand.

3.Vardy just understood his and the  situation..clever..

4.Ulloa even if its 2nd choice, will be involved in the clubs biggest 2nd season

90% knowledge he will always be involved and last chance of playing in the CL.

5.Schlupp to WBA, at this stage of his and LCFC position, really he would be downright daft.

98% chance he will always be involved in 1st team football.plus again CL.

6.Chilwell, chance to become a true club legend and again CL.He should think of 

what happened to Mattock.Mattock had to forge a new path, Chilli as his next 2-4 yrs

already at his feet, playing at the top level.With a great new challenge before him.

7.Drinkwater, hes a Champion, major stay of the team, at his peak, obvious he wants

an improved contract, he'll get it.

The same for all our players, unless they have been told, access to requirements.

The whole squad will be on better bonuses, if not all on super wages.

I have not mentioned others because they havent been named in media, in saying

they are candidates to leave, or are disgruntled, or just mentioned in dispatches.!!

Lets be serious here, at this stage the media not the players have put in the doubts,

they are deaf to Ranieri's /club and teammate statements.

oh because you believe, because we are interested in other wingers, ......!?

Mahrez and Schlupp, can play in the hole.Ranieri will look for the flexable,

in fact, so called wingers do switch and change positions over their careers.

Now bite your tongues (fingers), and watch and wait confidently knowingly

, the better players will  stay, andxare the ones we really want for the dreams and challenges.

The Arsenal forums are going wild with speculation. There has even been reports Arsenal are prepared to offer £56mn. The club could be tempted by such a sum but everyone knows, the Arsenal are too tight to pay anything over £20,000,001. So roll on the Arsenal who are looking like they will end up with the most frustrated transfer window that isn't going to help the mental state of the most frustrated fan base.

Guest Col city fan
26 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Let's hope you're right. I remember reading similar posts when Kante was being linked with Chelsea. The usual suspects saying that Talk Sport never get anything right (though to be fair, they often dont), 'lazy journalism' and all the rest of it. Then, of course, he'd gone 48 hours later.

If we sell Mahrez to any title rival it will send out completely the wrong message to all involved. It will suggest that the player himself doesn't see us as a 'big club' and that we don't either. In my mind, keeping Mahrez is imperative. Not only for the attributes of the individual player but as recognition that we ARE big and are looking to get bigger. I hope you're right and that it's all crap.

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

I dare all of you..!!!!

Dont post on this topic, on the transfer theme for a whole week.

All of you are screwing yourselves up your own  ar$es.

panicking, crying, shting in your pants.Doing exactly what the incompetent media

is doing.Gnawing at a meatless, marrowless bones.

Sitback hum to yourselves and twiddle your fingers , sitback and actually enjoy

this consistent media pecking of our players.

If ALL  our players are not strong enough, clever enough to take on Ranieris challenge,

to take those dreams also facts  further, Then those favourite players are not worth our

backing...

1. Kante was not strong enough and could still fail, not up for the challenge.

2. Mahrez, if he went to a PL club, ...no imagination, not up for the challenge.

Barcelona or its ilk.I could understand.

3.Vardy just understood his and the  situation..clever..

4.Ulloa even if its 2nd choice, will be involved in the clubs biggest 2nd season

90% knowledge he will always be involved and last chance of playing in the CL.

5.Schlupp to WBA, at this stage of his and LCFC position, really he would be downright daft.

98% chance he will always be involved in 1st team football.plus again CL.

6.Chilwell, chance to become a true club legend and again CL.He should think of 

what happened to Mattock.Mattock had to forge a new path, Chilli as his next 2-4 yrs

already at his feet, playing at the top level.With a great new challenge before him.

7.Drinkwater, hes a Champion, major stay of the team, at his peak, obvious he wants

an improved contract, he'll get it.

The same for all our players, unless they have been told, access to requirements.

The whole squad will be on better bonuses, if not all on super wages.

I have not mentioned others because they havent been named in media, in saying

they are candidates to leave, or are disgruntled, or just mentioned in dispatches.!!

Lets be serious here, at this stage the media not the players have put in the doubts,

they are deaf to Ranieri's /club and teammate statements.

oh because you believe, because we are interested in other wingers, ......!?

Mahrez and Schlupp, can play in the hole.Ranieri will look for the flexable,

in fact, so called wingers do switch and change positions over their careers.

Now bite your tongues (fingers), and watch and wait confidently knowingly

, the better players will  stay, andxare the ones we really want for the dreams and challenges.

School must have been a tough place for you as the class poet. 

2 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Arsenal have just had a £29m bid rejected for Lacazette. After already spending £30m on Xhaka, I'm really struggling to see Wenger signing Mahrez for £50m as well. 

It was only 24 hours ago it was reported they wanted both, now a bid on one of them is confirmed... I see that as a bit worrying.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It was only 24 hours ago it was reported they wanted both, now a bid on one of them is confirmed... I see that as a bit worrying.

Not really.

It's no more or less worrying. We know Arsenal are interested in Mahrez, that much is strikingly obvious now.

We don't know they'll want both Lacazette and RM. Maybe they're going after Lacazette because he'll be a cheaper option.

Maybe a journo put two and two together and got five.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Babs are you deliberately trying to wind up the frail "screwing themselves up their own arse" people or are you genuinely one of them? :)

13 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

Arsenal have just had a £29m bid rejected for Lacazette. After already spending £30m on Xhaka, I'm really struggling to see Wenger signing Mahrez for £50m as well. 

ahahah they're a joke club. literally no pulling power at all lol

Archived