Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

To be fair Arsenal are like us in the respect they are shrewd operators in negotiation (and cos Whinger is a tight old bastard). Therefore i can see any bid that does come in for Mahrez will be derisory at best and would take weeks of negotiation which hopefully would not go through till the window shuts.

My main concern is that as business men the Thais will look at 75m for 2 players that we paid 6m for as too much to turn down. 

We have almost shot ourselves in the foot by winning it last season as the pinnacle has been reached and maybe they look at that as job done and let's just consolidate in the prem rather than keep pushing on. 

If it were me I would grab this opportunity and look to keep investing, keep the best players and maximise our potential. This summer has been more about what we are losing than gaining. Let's be honest outside of Musa there haven't been many big bids/approaches going out.

West Ham have bid more than that for Lacazette and it was rejected - surely Arsenal knew that sum would be knocked back straight away? Lyon are in the CL too.

Either Arsenal have delusions of grandeur about their pulling power now or they are just tight as anything. Or these are token bids to appease the fans whilst Wenger stands at the drawing board working out how to rotate Giroud and Welbeck this season.

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

West Ham have bid more than that for Lacazette and it was rejected - surely Arsenal knew that sum would be knocked back straight away? Lyon are in the CL too.

Either Arsenal have delusions of grandeur about their pulling power now or they are just tight as anything. Or these are token bids to appease the fans whilst Wenger stands at the drawing board working out how to rotate Giroud and Welbeck this season.

That's the problem with the "big clubs" they think they can undercut everyone else. Difference is Arsenal are not United, Barca or Real Madrid. They are serial underachievers with a shocking injury record who buy flair player after flair player rather than addressing their needs.

The fact they are focusing on mahrez is pretty funny considering both vardy and Kante are what they needed far more. (Yes I know they tried and failed for vardy!).

13 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

The fact they are focusing on mahrez is pretty funny considering both vardy and Kante are what they needed far more. (Yes I know they tried and failed for vardy!).

That's not true tho, Kante would of been amazing don't get me wrong but we're crying out for striker, right winger and centre back.

21 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

My main concern is that as business men the Thais will look at 75m for 2 players that we paid 6m for as too much to turn down. 

We have almost shot ourselves in the foot by winning it last season as the pinnacle has been reached and maybe they look at that as job done and let's just consolidate in the prem rather than keep pushing on. 

If it were me I would grab this opportunity and look to keep investing, keep the best players and maximise our potential. This summer has been more about what we are losing than gaining. Let's be honest outside of Musa there haven't been many big bids/approaches going out.

Depends if they think business in short or long term. Judging from their involvement in a football club that was a million miles of the success it experienced in May, I'm guessing they're in it for the long haul. Mahrez will keep having a huge price tag on him even if he stays one or two more seasons, guaranteed. But keeping him might mean the difference between qualifying for Europe once more and slowly fading away. The media interest Mahrez generates will increase the profile of the club, so keeping him (and other stars) might well be more lucrative.

2 minutes ago, Dieselfox said:

That's not true tho, Kante would of been amazing don't get me wrong but we're crying out for striker, right winger and centre back.

Well that's your cover blown in record time.

I have seen a lot of people rip newspapers apart and say they print absolute BS... but those comments only seem to appear when a bid for one of our players is being talked about! Some of you need to pull your head out of the sand (said Nigel), because the actual respected journo's will not print an article unless they have been given something by someone they know and trust. They all have contacts in around certain clubs, and it doesn't always come off, sometimes they've just been given a hunch or whisper, but we all sit hear waiting to hear from an ITK, but this is this a forum, journalists have much better contacts than we do, so do not discount a story just because it is something horrible (like a player leaving). As proved in a way, there must have been something in the Mahrez and Lacazette double bid as they've bid for Lacazette. Mahrez hasn't come out and said "I am staying, just waiting on a new contract" like what Drinkwater has for example, so something could be happening in the background.

Anyway, IF he leaves, then I wish him all the best, because is he without doubt one of the most exciting players to grace the shirt I have seen and he helped Leicester City become who they are today.

If he stays, roll the new season!

I am sure his agent has told him to be quiet about it, either way.  People were wondering about Vardy until the club put out its statement. Not saying a word keeps the name in the newspapers, and increases his value across the board. I don't blame Mahrez for keeping quiet, and even understand (even if I don't like it) dragging it out a bit, since it raises his profile.

Club needs to play hardball. He's under contract & he can be told to stay for this year. A bit of short-term unhappiness from him will be more than made up for by though of definite to move next summer and of course the big stage we're playing on until then

When Southampton came in for Vardy & someone for Morgan... We resisted their bids & although Arsenal are bigger, so are we & our forthcoming season.

Bit different if Barca, Real or Bayern come in for him of course

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

ahahah they're a joke club. literally no pulling power at all lol

To be fair to them, haven't West Ham had a similar bid rejected? No idea why they thought they could get him for that price.

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Chelsea favourites to sign him now according to some reports. 

Shortest odds are on him staying at LCFC.....let's look at optimistic picture....he is ours than less we receive an offer we cannot refuse....our owners are not stupid....£50m+ at least and that's presuming he does not sign a new contract which I believe he will sign in the next 2 weeks

10 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Unless RM states that he wants to leave in the strongest possible terms he'll be here next season. 

The latest word from French Algerian journo is that Riyad will not go outside the PL. he says that Riyad has made his decision 'very, very clear'. 

Your words could be prophetic SL. 

Archived