Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Just because we spend £5m on a 19 year old doesn't mean we will balance the books by selling our best player.

Our net spend is zilch this season and I suspect Kapustka will not be a first team player but a squad player pushing for a first team place.

Why the hostile response?

Just now, whitlock said:

I don't think they did mate.

Reckon you'll end up getting Lacazette?

In all honesty mate I'm expecting us to sign an attacker but I don't know who. If we do get Lacazette it will be sooner rather than later! Mainly because their owner is a right bastard to deal with. If we wait until the final week he'll point blank refuse any deal unless its 50m+.

First player we'll sign is a CB in the next couple of weeks and then its all up in the air! 

For me personally I'd rather spend £80m on Ben Yedder, Mustafi and Mahrez than potentially £70m on Laca and Mustafi. I think Mahrez is absolutely fantastic and our right wing options are dog shit :(

13 minutes ago, ArsenalMan said:

Been stalking this topic for a while thought I'd make an account as I'm a fairly friendly Gooner ;)

But you seriously shouldn't be worried about us signing him if our main target is Lacazette. Wenger said we'll 100% be signing a CB now so.

Xhaka - 38m

Mustafi - 20m

Lacazette - 40m 

Holding - 2m

Asano - 5m

105m total already there.

We won't spend more than that in this window unless we sell Walcott!!

Is it true Leicester Mercury put out an article saying if Kaputska is signed then Mahrez will leave? I see Di Marzio has confirmed Kaputska will sign in the coming days!

You can probably afford to spend more than 105m comfortably, so not sure about having reached a limit... heck, if push came to shove we could spend 100m - just don't think our owners would risk that much money and players are always a risk.

Not heard anything at all about Kaputska in the Mercury and it would be very unlike them to do a speculative story like that.

3 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

You can probably afford to spend more than 105m comfortably, so not sure about having reached a limit... heck, if push came to shove we could spend 100m - just don't think our owners would risk that much money and players are always a risk.

Not heard anything at all about Kaputska in the Mercury and it would be very unlike them to do a speculative story like that.

Oh definitely! Taking all factors into consideration we must have at least 200m available for potential transfers without going in any sort of danger zone money wise.

Totting things up -

Spent 10m last summer

Highest match day revenue in european football at just over 100m 

Teams like Palace now able to spend 50m due to TV money etc

Points towards us having a solid 200m which is frustrating because Mahrez, Lacazette and Mustafi at say 110m puts us in a great position to fight for the title.

22 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Not in my head but if the Arsenal fan took it like that then apologies. :thumbup:

They're all sensitive, soft cheese eating, hand moisturising, salad loving types down there pal.

You've got to go easy on em.

50 minutes ago, ArsenalMan said:

In all honesty mate I'm expecting us to sign an attacker but I don't know who. If we do get Lacazette it will be sooner rather than later! Mainly because their owner is a right bastard to deal with. If we wait until the final week he'll point blank refuse any deal unless its 50m+.

First player we'll sign is a CB in the next couple of weeks and then its all up in the air! 

For me personally I'd rather spend £80m on Ben Yedder, Mustafi and Mahrez than potentially £70m on Laca and Mustafi. I think Mahrez is absolutely fantastic and our right wing options are dog shit :(

Mahrez would make you an instant world power. But, you won't get him :)

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They're all sensitive, soft cheese eating, hand moisturising, salad loving types down there pal.

You've got to go easy on em.

As someone who takes good care to keep their hands soft and supple and  who enjoys a good cream cheese bagel with slices of fresh plump tomato and a bed of lettuce I take extreme exception to your views.

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

As someone who takes good care to keep their hands soft and supple and  who enjoys a good cream cheese bagel with slices of fresh plump tomato and a bed of lettuce I take extreme exception to your views.

Hands should be callused and dirty with grease from doing thing in your shed and you should be having a cheese cob with pickle on ya big nancy

1 hour ago, ArsenalMan said:

Oh definitely! Taking all factors into consideration we must have at least 200m available for potential transfers without going in any sort of danger zone money wise.

Totting things up -

Spent 10m last summer

Highest match day revenue in european football at just over 100m 

Teams like Palace now able to spend 50m due to TV money etc

Points towards us having a solid 200m which is frustrating because Mahrez, Lacazette and Mustafi at say 110m puts us in a great position to fight for the title.

To be honest, I'm not sure it really matters what players you get in and in what position they play.  If your management and back room staff stay the same, I really cannot see you winning the title anytime soon.

Mahrez is a wonderful player but in your set up, would make little difference.

1 hour ago, ArsenalMan said:

Been stalking this topic for a while thought I'd make an account as I'm a fairly friendly Gooner ;)

But you seriously shouldn't be worried about us signing him if our main target is Lacazette. Wenger said we'll 100% be signing a CB now so.

Xhaka - 38m

Mustafi - 20m

Lacazette - 40m 

Holding - 2m

Asano - 5m

Is it true Leicester Mercury put out an article saying if Kaputska is signed then Mahrez will leave? I see Di Marzio has confirmed Kaputska will sign in the coming days!

If Arsenal want Mahrez then they will have to break their transfer record to get him and from what I know of Wenger he is supposed to be tight fisted, this gives me huge confidence that Mahrez will stay and if I was a gambling man I'd have my money on Mahrez signing a bumper new contract with us and leaving for Barcelona next summer. Kapustka will not be a replacement for Mahrez as he plays through the middle and Mahrez doesn't, he will be signed as an addition to the squad and if he is replacing anybody it will be Kante, although they are two entirely different style of footballer. I wouldn't get your hopes up on Mahrez mate, he isn't the kind of person to kick up a fuss if we kept him here against his wishes.

6 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

If Arsenal want Mahrez then they will have to break their transfer record to get him and from what I know of Wenger he is supposed to be tight fisted, this gives me huge confidence that Mahrez will stay and if I was a gambling man I'd have my money on Mahrez signing a bumper new contract with us and leaving for Barcelona next summer. Kapustka will not be a replacement for Mahrez as he plays through the middle and Mahrez doesn't, he will be signed as an addition to the squad and if he is replacing anybody it will be Kante, although they are two entirely different style of footballer. I wouldn't get your hopes up on Mahrez mate, he isn't the kind of person to kick up a fuss if we kept him here against his wishes.

Kapustka  could be a Mahrez replacement, with Albrighton moving to the right & Gray promoted to the starting lineup & playing from the left

Of course we shouldn't be replacing anyone, only adding some smart additions like we have so far....

Loss of Kante though is a massive blow to 442 (4411) because they always joked that we played Drinkwater down the middle & Kante either side of him in a 3-man central midfield

Perhaps with Ranieri pushing a pressing game in preseason so far, rather than sitting back a bit & countering through Vardy & Mahrez's pace & trickery

11 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

He wasn't getting his hopes up, he says we shouldn't be worried that they are after him, he thinks not.

2 hours ago, ArsenalMan said:

Xhaka - 38m

Mustafi - 20m

Lacazette - 40m 

Holding - 2m

Asano - 5m

Looking for a crumb of comfort ray of hope at the end there Arseman ?

Don't get too desperate and Spursy fella!

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Wow should you not be called Carla the Llama lollollol

Don't even think of leaving Riyad.... there's more dreams to be fulfilled from the incredible team you're with. You might earn a bit more money somewhere else but you'll never make memories like you ever will with this lot.    

Archived