Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

14 hours ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

No news is good news, right? 

Until there is a bid nothing is going to progress, I'm sure Arsenal and others are interested. I'm sure Mahrez is keeping his options very much open and would fancy a move to a big club if it was right... the biggest sticking point will be what we're willing to accept.

If we do what every other team does and sets a high price and don't budge, then we either get paid handsomely, or he stays. I don't want to see "he went to the owners and asked them personally to let him go", we've seen it with Kante and with Walsh. Just say NO... you're going nowhere unless we get market value and that's got to be £50m+ at the moment.

I wouldn't say there's no news. I think the news is out there and it's promising.

Arsenal need a defender, Arsenal want a striker, Arsenal rarely make three big signings a summer let alone four.

The manager and most of the squad say Riyad is happy.

There's no indication that anyone other than Arsenal are interested. Barca want an outright striker, a proper 9, if anything - as per their own press.

As we currently stand, I don't see Mahrez going anywhere.

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Until there is a bid nothing is going to progress, I'm sure Arsenal and others are interested. I'm sure Mahrez is keeping his options very much open and would fancy a move to a big club if it was right... the biggest sticking point will be what we're willing to accept.

If we do what every other team does and sets a high price and don't budge, then we either get paid handsomely, or he stays. I don't want to see "he went to the owners and asked them personally to let him go", we've seen it with Kante and with Walsh. Just say NO... you're going nowhere unless we get market value and that's got to be £50m+ at the moment.

I'm not too sure about that ...   everything (quotes, pics etc) seems to point to the fact that he is happy here and does not want to move ..  for this season at least.

Just now, Countryfox said:

I'm not too sure about that ...   everything (quotes, pics etc) seems to point to the fact that he is happy here and does not want to move ..  for this season at least.

For me, what all of that from Albrighton and Gray and Ranieri et all says is: he's happy enough here that he won't sulk if we turn you down, you're going to have to break the bank.

If a dream move to one of the big European elite came up then I'm sure he'd still be interested. He's not going to be a lifer at Leicester, we need to accept that.

11 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Not saying he's not happy, I'm sure he is... but sometimes other things appear that you really fancy doing.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Majorly taken out of context that. If we're in active negotiations for Lacazette, Mustafi and say Mahrez our director of football when asked isn't going to come out and say we can afford to spend 200m.

I HOPE its a clever move, on paper we should have about 200m to spend if you think about it logically.

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The market (not the most reliable indicator but an indicator nevertheless) has shortened Chelsea to 11/8 fav whilst him staying is now second fav at 6/4.

the Chelsea rumours are very flacid so anyone backing him must be acting on what they consider ITK info. 

Or they're just an idiot with more money than sense?

4 minutes ago, ArsenalMan said:

Not solid news but a couple of Algerian papers (one very reliable) are saying deal will be done in the next few days to Arsenal.

Won't hold my breath ;)

That in-depth knowledge of the Algerian news media is finally paying off, then?

10 minutes ago, ArsenalMan said:

Not solid news but a couple of Algerian papers (one very reliable) are saying deal will be done in the next few days to Arsenal.

Won't hold my breath ;)

Just to point out... that's the same newspaper that recently claimed Neymar is Algerian and could play for the national team. The article also just repeats all the other nonsense rumours verbatim. I think we can safely file that one under "S.H.I.T".

If the deal was going to be done in the next few days, do you think we'd have Mahrez sat at a signing session for fans in LA at the time it's going to press.

If a bid had been made and Mahrez wanted out, we'd be letting it slip to encourage others. As it is, not a single respectable journo has touched the story with a barge pole.

13 minutes ago, ArsenalMan said:

Won't hold my breath ;)

If you are referring to le Buteur?...don't. 

No one knows in Algeria what is going on; indications are that if anything he might be (a very big may be) on his way to Real (Zidane playing behind the scene).

Otherwise. ..walou, niet, nada...

Might be this article circulating. Two great things about it to appease us, it is written by "Gooner Mac"  and 37 million £ is not enough, is it?

http://football-talk.co.uk/115142/mahrez-to-join-arsenal-in-37m-deal-after-agreeing-personal-terms/?

I am not worried yet, but it's quite stressful to win the Premier League. So many poachers pops up.

2 minutes ago, haraven said:

Might be this article circulating. Two great things about it to appease us, it is written by "Gooner Mac"  and 37 million £ is not enough, is it?

http://football-talk.co.uk/115142/mahrez-to-join-arsenal-in-37m-deal-after-agreeing-personal-terms/?

I am not worried yet, but it's quite stressful to win the Premier League. So many poachers pops up.

Seeing that he spelt "Riyah's" name wrong, I'm going to ignore this. 

I did say TWO the second one being the reliable Elheddaf.

Chilean press first confirmed Alexis, Egyptian journos confirmed Elneny first and Kosovan journos with Xhaka. I'm not saying its true, but there's no smoke without fire.

Archived