Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

3 minutes ago, ArsenalMan said:

Once again I'll say it again but Elheddaf is the paper I'm on about not Le Buteur. -.-

Everyone knows Le Betuer is unreliable.

El Heddaf is just the Arabic version of Le Buteur, which is French. Same publication so they're about as credible as one another.

8 minutes ago, ArsenalMan said:

I did say TWO the second one being the reliable Elheddaf.

Chilean press first confirmed Alexis, Egyptian journos confirmed Elneny first and Kosovan journos with Xhaka. I'm not saying its true, but there's no smoke without fire.

El heddaf is the arabic version of le buteur....same crap ; different language.

These papers are unreliable even regarding the Algerian national news let alone international.

22 minutes ago, ArsenalMan said:

Chilean press first confirmed Alexis, Egyptian journos confirmed Elneny first and Kosovan journos with Xhaka. I'm not saying its true, but there's no smoke without fire.

You clutch those straws, man. You clutch em.

You'll be the only club in history piss weak enough for us to strong arm in the transfer market, you'll miss most of your targets, panic buy an average centre half that you'll pay too much for.

You'll then miss out on Lacazette and Mahrez, overspend for Ben Yedder who will turn out to be this season's Sanogo (he's got no chance of ever being good, kingfox rates him), win **** all, scrape fourth again (after Xhaka spends half the season suspended, despite your gaffer's protests that Burnley are too dirty) and Wenger will use this transfer window to justify not spending any more money for the rest of the decade.

37 minutes ago, ArsenalMan said:

English press first confirmed Vardy to Arsenal and we know how that turned out

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

To stay has drifted to 2/1 with Chelsea and arsenal both shorter than this. 

Anyone sure he is staying may want to lump on!

These odds are pretty great TBH, £20 on him staying will return £60. Won't find many better odds than these on a transfer this summer. 

4 minutes ago, hairmetalgamer said:

does anyone else think that us giving Riyad a new contract will actually make us less likely to be able to keep him, chances are after what happened with Vardy his agent will insist on a release clause when he currently doesn't have one

I'm sure they are definitely asking for a release of some sort in any negotiations.

4 minutes ago, hairmetalgamer said:

does anyone else think that us giving Riyad a new contract will actually make us less likely to be able to keep him, chances are after what happened with Vardy his agent will insist on a release clause when he currently doesn't have one

Why would we agree to pay him more AND make it easier for him to leave?

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

***Insert John Rudkin comment here***

Just beat me to it!

I was about to say, Bambas Babes is gonna have a field day on Rudin with this one. Because it's obviously all Rudkins fault.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

because we want him to stay!

the release clause would probably be in the area where he currently is valued 40/45m. if we are prepare to pay him 130/150k per week (depends what offers he has got) then we can dictate a RL higher.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Well we could force him to stay on 35k for three years, but I'd assume that might make him unhappy. If we said give us a year on xxxx much extra, we'll give you a release clause of xxxx amount. I think he'd be wary of signing an even longer contract, in case he gets to next summer and we say "give us one more year" again, so he'd want a get out.

We gave Vardy a massive pay rise and he still had the release clause.

Just to clear things up about lebuteur

first of all , lebuteur and elheddaf are the same, one publish in French the other in Arabic 

to be honnest their reliability is relative, sometimes they are spot on and declare Algerian players transfers before anyone else(ie left back Algerian ghoulam from saint-etienne to Napoli they were the first to confirm it days before it happenned) but on the other hand they had published some total bullshit over the years as well as one of Neymar has Algerian Origines back in 2010 urging the national manager to call him for the world cup,,, they wrote a first page article for it ffs and they sure were a laughstock for a while

I don't know if Mahrez will move or not , may be he will may be not , Ranieri keeps on urging him to stay saying he won't be a regular in big teams  as he said which i found myself a bit insulting for the current PFA (he means Arsenal for sure, their right wingers combined have less goals/assists than Mahrez)  , can be interpreted as lack of ambition as if LCFC doesn't wanna be one of these big teams since he is here , a champion of England and a starter

Mahrez is currently at 30k/w , pretty low for a decent squad player in any top half team let alone one of the best players in the league even 100K is low for me , Vardy is 29-30 and the deal was as much as he could get anywhere he plays , Mahrez not renewing his contract is pretty Alarming 

two things could happen here , If Mahrez gets an offer of at least 120k from LCFC he may renew adding a release clause of 45-50m pounds if things go south next year, if he doesn't renew these next days he will be out before the transfers deadline imo

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well we could force him to stay on 35k for three years, but I'd assume that might make him unhappy. If we said give us a year on xxxx much extra, we'll give you a release clause of xxxx amount. I think he'd be wary of signing an even longer contract, in case he gets to next summer and we say "give us one more year" again, so he'd want a get out.

We gave Vardy a massive pay rise and he still had the release clause.

"There's plenty of time left on your contract, there will be no new deal."

"I can't pretend I'm not disappointed but I do understand."

Easy, done it loads of times. :whistle:

Archived