Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

Guest MattP
9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahahahahaaaaa £37 million? Hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

we surely would not consider any deal under £50 million. Why even write such dog shit?

Exactly, it;s absurd we would even consider such a pathetic bid.

Even if he did want to leave (which I'm confident he doesn't), does anyone seriously think he would breathe a word about it to anyone before the Barca friendly on 3rd Aug? Claudio has said he will bench players thinking of leaving, I cannot imagine Mahrez risking not playing on the same pitch as his idol Messi.

After that, who knows.. but with the Community Shield game 4 days later, he'll probably be too busy training to think about leaving until after that game..

Then he'll probably feel too guilty to abandon us a week before PL starts.

2 minutes ago, glen parva fox said:

If you look on the newsnow  website it's a done deal 37 million. Hope it's all boll...., just like all the crap that was about when Jamie Vardy was supposed to be signing

We aren't selling him for £37m, wanky centre backs go for that now. 

It is intriguing that the price has reverted all the way back to 44m euros. That was the price reported on Eurosport sat am. Since then it got altered to 44m pounds and now back again.  It's feasible that the same info from sat am has been rehashed through the Algerian website/newspaper. They claim it has come from an English journo close to the club. bit weird. People think if has substance as it comes out of Algeria. But the article attributes its info to here! And Riyad is from France, not Algeria. I would expect hard info to end up coming from France, not algreria.  Clearly he has family in Algeria but any people in the know would be in France. 

14 minutes ago, brucey said:

Even if he did want to leave (which I'm confident he doesn't), does anyone seriously think he would breathe a word about it to anyone before the Barca friendly on 3rd Aug? Claudio has said he will bench players thinking of leaving, I cannot imagine Mahrez risking not playing on the same pitch as his idol Messi.

After that, who knows.. but with the Community Shield game 4 days later, he'll probably be too busy training to think about leaving until after that game..

Then he'll probably feel too guilty to abandon us a week before PL starts.

There is not way he would try to throw out a "surprise transfer" after the Barca friendly. He doesn't have a release clause. If he is going to go, the club knows, and is working on the deal/replacement (the Polish kid ain't that).

Frankly, if someone pulled a "surprise, I want to leave after telling you I was going to stay because I wanted to play in a friendly against Barca", I would hope CR would say "Good for you! I don't want unhappy players on my team! But I don't mind unhappy players on my U23-team! Win me the EFL Trophy."

Arsenal imo would surely be a retrograde move. Perrenial failures that manage to qualify year after year for the Champions League but then make feeble attempts to win it by fielding weaker teams in the earlier rounds. Think Sanchez and Ozil have cottoned on to this and are just as likely to move as Marhez ! In which case what sort of poor outfit would he be joining? Lose those two players and I think Arsenal will implode. I just wish on this one occasion our owners would make a statement of intent along the lines of : As Premiership Champions Leicester City are still building for the future and have no need whatsoever to sell any of their players. With regards to Marhez he has signed a 4yr deal and in any case in the current market we value him in excess of  £80m. We are looking to buy not sell.

Hopefully that would shut the dunderheads in the press off our case a bit. .......unless of course there is some truth to it. Sod this unhappy players bollocks, Marhez signed a contract and rather than him go to a direct Premiership rival I'd sooner see him languishing in the stiffs for 3 years.

We have been linked, bid and missed out on players Keane for one as their clubs do not want to sell.

I'm sure if Keane and others asked for a transfer their clubs would persuade, if that failed set a price that suited the selling club.

We don't want to sell ( I assume) so we don't have to.

Going rate for PFA player of the year-

Suarez 65M

Bale 80M

His agent would use any high fee we ask to frighten as a bargaining tool for any revised contract though.

Mrs Mahrez has told Riyad to stay already so this is just positioning to get a better pay packet than Vardy. I think he deserves it and £120k a week wouldn't be unreasonable seeing he has a few more years in him and if he can land PFA two years running the owners could move him on for £80mn next Summer.

Roll with it guys. His wife's from round our way I'm led to believe. He's trying to be a better man right now rather than someone born on a different cloud.  Just hope our owners don't acquiesce or its back to the cigarettes and alcohol for me. 

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

I think he's offski!... 

Your negativity wouldn't be half as bad if you backed it up with a reason for being so downbeat. A post every day stating you think he's off with no other opinion offered is getting a bit boring tbh.

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Your negativity wouldn't be half as bad if you backed it up with a reason for being so downbeat. A post every day stating you think he's off with no other opinion offered is getting a bit boring tbh.

Too many reports saying it's happening for my liking.. There's no smoke without fire! 

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Too many reports saying it's happening for my liking.. There's no smoke without fire! 

Theres bullshit reports from no mark Twitter idiots and click bait "news" sites everyday on numerous players. Until you see something a little more concrete I wouldn't panic.

And in this day and age there can be lots of smoke without even a hint of fire.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Theres bullshit reports from no mark Twitter idiots and click bait "news" sites everyday on numerous players. Until you see something a little more concrete I wouldn't panic.

And in this day and age there can be lots of smoke without even a hint of fire.

That lad who we got linked with from Brentford confirmed that on SSN the other day. He was genuinely laughing when he got asked about rumours that we were interested in him.

Football journalism is such a weird profession. I think it's one of the only jobs where you can flat out lie and see no reprocussions because everyone just expects it. Weird.

JV back in training this morning

hope he can try and change his mind if it's necessary

by the way, was told by someone in LA that he isn't looking as smiley as the photos would have you believe. He doesn't have the N'golo permanent smile

And the arsenal ITK's who think that a deal is done with riyad - may well be true but he may have done a deal to extracate the most money from us.

like I said before - strangely quiet from reliable sources

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I have to say, the weird Mahrez army really annoy me.

I know a lot about Welsh football, I follow Welsh footballers, but I'd never go on to Eagletalk and presume to tell Palace fans what's going on with Wayne Hennessy. I think they'd know better than anyone else.

Why these weird Mahrez obsessives seem to think they know more than sources around the club, I'll never know.

I can confirm that even Riyad's Algerian barber has no idea where he's going.

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but he goes to my barber.

Did you ask for a Riyad?

2 hours ago, ArsenalMan said:

Taken from the Arsenal forum -

As a French-Algerian i will comment about le buteur credibility
first of all, for someone who has been following Algerian players, experts and journalists for years, i have never heard of this Mahaer Mezahi
the question is has Lebuteur ever been right about Algerians transfers? have they announced credible transfers before? answer is Yes
Ghoulam from saint-etienne to Napoli they were the first to report it days before it happenned
they have published bollocks as well like the Neymar story but well that was one journalist. As far as Algerian journalists go , lebuteur ones are the most reliable.
Now Mahrez is on 30k/w will he stay and play for that much this year, no way he will play for that this year , so either he renews this week or he has decided to leave may be to Arsenal or somewhere else. after all it s business and you play where you get fame, more money and in a team that can go all the way and win something, this is likely to happen in Arsenal more than LCFC this year tbh

More likely to get fame playing for Arsenal. What like last season? Mate, everyone and their mums want a ticket on the Leicester train.

More likely to earn more money at Arsenal.

Possibly, but we could definitely make a very competitive offer.

More likely to win a trophy at Arsenal.

What like last season? I'm willing to wager a bet if your willing to participate and that bet is that Leicester win a trophy before Arsenal do, of this I am supremely confident.

Why can't Arsenal fans get off their high horse and realise that currently Leicester are better then Arsenal, proven fact of life. I find things like the above patronising and quite frankly, deluded.

4 hours ago, hairmetalgamer said:

does anyone else think that us giving Riyad a new contract will actually make us less likely to be able to keep him, chances are after what happened with Vardy his agent will insist on a release clause when he currently doesn't have one

I'll imagine they'll be a clause where he can leave for a fee if we don't qualify for the champions league

Archived