Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

Considering Watford have already rejected a £20m bid then it's safe to assume it will be between 20-25.

The world has gone insane paying 25 million for Deeney . Jesus.

You won't be saying that when he bags 20 goals next season and Arsenal come knocking?

Considering Watford have already rejected a £20m bid then it's safe to assume it will be between 20-25.

The world has gone insane paying 25 million for Deeney . Jesus.

It won't be £25m... Unless he's s big success and we're very successful. In which case, who cares.

Fvck paying 25mil for deeney. Have we gone mad. I trust our judgment in the transfer market and im sure(hope) deeney will be successful but that much money is absolutely ridiculous

I mean we value our vardy at 20mil ffs

We don't value Vardy at 20m.

Guest CityFan 06

The key also, is whether Deeney wants to be a Leicester player, and it seems he does, which always helps with any potential signing. I'm pleased Deeney is coming to play alongside/with Vardy, rather than as an replacement for Vardy. It would seem the club are keen on getting two strikers in this window which I entirely agree with as we are going to need depth and quality in this position.

I'm fascinated to know though guys, do you think Deeney would be played as Vardy's main strike partner, as opposed to Okazaki next season? I know we all don't know for sure but I would think if he's coming to City for 25m, he would want to be a first team starter. 

Ideally, I'd like something similar to: Vardy, Okazaki, Ulloa, Deeney and Slimani. There would give us very acceptable strike options. 

It won't be £25m... Unless he's s big success and we're very successful. In which case, who cares.

Even £21-22m initial up front is too much IMO.

The key also, is whether Deeney wants to be a Leicester player, and it seems he does, which always helps with any potential signing. I'm pleased Deeney is coming to play alongside/with Vardy, rather than as an replacement for Vardy. It would seem the club are keen on getting two strikers in this window which I entirely agree with as we are going to need depth and quality in this position.

I'm fascinated to know though guys, do you think Deeney would be played as Vardy's main strike partner, as opposed to Okazaki next season? I know we all don't know for sure but I would think if he's coming to City for 25m, he would want to be a first team starter.

Ideally, I'd like something similar to: Vardy, Okazaki, Ulloa, Deeney and Slimani. There would give us very acceptable strike options.

Deeney would definitely be partnering vardy if we pay £25m for him and He offers more of a goal threat than Okazaki whilst doing everything he does, and I doubt we'd have Deeney Slimani and Ulloa as they're quite similar in style I'd gues it would be either Slimani or Deeney and the second striker more in the vardy mould

People on here really have a poor grasp on basic economics don't they?

Paying 25m for a player now with this new tv deal is not unlike paying 15m last season. In the 16/17 season the team who finishes bottom gets 99m. That means if you want a player from another PL team, you are going to pay big, and fees dont mean what they were.

Guest CityFan 06

I think he'd be great here, I imagine our performances last season with him rather than Shinji and can't help but see us winning the league by at least 15 points rather than 10. Ha

I do tend to think his partnership with Vardy would be superb. From what I hear, he assisted a lot of Ighalo's goals and scored 13 PL goals himself. Great for a first season and will contiune to get better.

Deeney was the 4th best English striker last season (13 goals, 7 assists) for Watford!!, if  he signs for us and gets 10+ league goals i think we will all be happy, id pay £25 million if it was £5 down + £20 addons for goals high finish etc

I do tend to think his partnership with Vardy would be superb. From what I hear, he assisted a lot of Ighalo's goals and scored 13 PL goals himself. Great for a first season and will contiune to get better.

Exactly. Ighalo got a lot of credit early in the season. But if you watch the goals Deeney had a massive part in most of them.

He doesn't seem a player to me who would struggle under the weight of a large price tag, he seems a strong character and a leader. Whether that makes him worth £25 mil is another question, particularly given the release clauses quoted for our best players, but the inflated market must be taken into account. 

Deeney was the 4th best English striker last season (13 goals, 7 assists) for Watford!!, if he signs for us and gets 10+ league goals i think we will all be happy, id pay £25 million if it was £5 down + £20 addons for goals high finish etc

5 down and 20 in add ons? Try the other way around!

He doesn't seem a player to me who would struggle under the weight of a large price tag, he seems a strong character and a leader. Whether that makes him worth £25 mil is another question, particularly given the release clauses quoted for our best players, but the inflated market must be taken into account.

Imagine if we sell Kanté for £20m and sign Deeney for £25m lol!

Guest CityFan 06

Seems a genuine, honest, and down to earth footballer listening to his interviews. Suits the Leicester ethic with the work he puts in for the team.

That analysis on us last season, I know we are going to like it because of the compliments, but the in depth analysis of us was superb and spot on throughout.

The way some on here bang on you would think they were paying themselves!

The club will only pay what is there maximum value and if our club team, The Don and his boys think he fits and is worth it that's fine by me!

Fans opinion v The Premier League winning Don and his team, who do I think knows what they're talking about? Mm mm mm mm mm difficult :)

The way everyone goes on about how all these foreign imports would be better options... Kramaric for us... The endless list of imports that have flunked at man city, Liverpool etc etc, granted 20/25m for deeny is crazy but so is the money in the prem at the minute, less risk paying 20m for deeney than 20m for slimani imo

Watford would sooner lose Ighalo than Deeney. They rate him that highly. He has an immense work rate, is strong as an ox, has excellent feet and a vardy type desire to succeed. Vardy and Deeney would be a superb partnership.

Archived