Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

What % of our transfer budget would this represent? I think he would be ok but not at 25m that's just plain crazy.

We need 4 players at least to develop. If he's worth that then we've badly under-priced our players. Vardy is worth at least 50M at that ratio.

I'm betting this off unless he puts in a request?

Or we renegotiate with Ulloa? I'd rather not any of the key players from last season leave though, not at least until we're more sure about V, K and M anyway.

Lot of dough, very little resale value and hardly a player who will shoot the lights out but he'd fit in here and would be an upgrade on Okazaki based on past seasons showing. I'll have to trust our management on this one as for that dough we could get in pretty much most of europes top strikers.

What % of our transfer budget would this represent? I think he would be ok but not at 25m that's just plain crazy.

We need 4 players at least to develop. If he's worth that then we've badly under-priced our players. Vardy is worth at least 50M at that ratio.

we can't control guys like vardy and Kante value though

Deeney was the 4th best English striker last season (13 goals, 7 assists) for Watford!!, if  he signs for us and gets 10+ league goals i think we will all be happy, id pay £25 million if it was £5 down + £20 addons for goals high finish etc

Only 7 goals from open play, the rest were penalties...  :ermm:

Is this inevitable due to our success, or is overpaying for Deeney meaning we're going to get taken for a ride by every club selling from now on? I mean, I like Deeney as a footballer and would no doubt work well with Vardy (if he stays) but £25m is nearly megastar territory. Can't help but think we should either carry on going for more budget unknowns from other leagues or up the budget a little and go mental.

Mind you, if Steve Walsh wants him that bad then it's almost certainly good business

Archived