Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

Think Deeney is a decent player, would probably fit in to our style, and team ethos, and would likely link well with Vardy, if he stays, but he isn`t worth 25 million quid.

He is worth 15 million quid max in my opinion, even in todays inflated market!

If it were up to me, i`d move on from this one, i honestly think we can get better than Deeney, for considerably less than 25 million.

Getting very interesting now that they have rejected the latest offer. I don't think Watford fans are stupid enough to think that their captain is worth more than 25m (though it really isn't that much, honestly). So the Watford board force their player into placing a transfer request and have no need to pay him any loyalty bonus. might mean we reduce our offer as the player will look to us to make up his loss. Could well end up with us paying less than we have offered but if it happens, none of this would be made public.

it's clear that we want him and the player will know that. he will force the move through. No club want an unhappy player, especially their captain though the Pozzo's do seem to be quite ruthless.

so with fleetwood's sell on %age, we are going to be basically spending twice as much money on troy deeney as we will receive if we sell vardy? :knockynicebusinessteam: 

In future, what you'll find is that players will go into contract renegotiatons with a release clause a mandatory stipulation. With so much money coming in to clubs whilst they are in the premier league, they will not sell assets if it will jeapordise the future of the club. Deeney scored and created most of Watford's goals last season. Losing him would seriously harm their chances of survival. So why get 25 million in but lose 100 million by getting relegated? Not worth it for them if they value him that highly, they own his contract, he signed it, he has to honour it.

Personally, anything north fo 20 million as good a player as he is is nothing short of daylight robbery. I feel sorry for Deeney as it would be his dream move and I think he'd be a very effective player for us.

Guest CityFan 06

Mmmm. It's one of those where I want him to join, but also investment is potenially needed in other key areas too. I know the owners are rich, and now even richer with the title win, but I'm hoping this still allows us to sign other players too. Depends to an important degree on our transfer budget.

Guest CityFan 06

I think he would do well for you and would probably become the top dog (assuming vardy left), but please take the hint, he is ours and we don't want to sell him. :(

Welcome to the thread Watfordfc22, I can understand that. We'll see how the deal progresses, but he's certainly got the attributes which suit currently Watford, and potenially Leicester.

I like him personally with what he can offer in terms of attitude, commitment, goals and assists, and can see why you wouldn't want him to be sold.

I think he would do well for you and would probably become the top dog (assuming vardy left), but please take the hint, he is ours and we don't want to sell him.  :(

If your turning down 20 mill clearly, I don't think many of us would be comfortable paying any more than that.

Surely it's gets to a point where the club has to be about right with the player... When will he ever get a chance to play champs league footy again... It's not as if we're offering peanuts! Club should understand from his point of view and make plans to sign a replacement

this has smoke screen written all over it.

due to this deeney saga, things have gone quiet with slimani & our other targets, which is how our recruitment staff prefer to do business, since way back when nigel was in charge . Think we'll sign someone under the radar, that the press haven't talked about recently, like Slimani & Musa, instead of deeney imo.

But you could get 32 Jamie Vardy's for that? Or 80 Riyad Mahrez?

Yea it's unbelievable, no way should it be anywhere near that. £20m and Watford should understand that's he's not worth much more than that

Archived