Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

Watford clearly don't need to sell. Buying Premier League players is just too costly these days due to the influx of TV money.

We need Deeney to personally come out and say he wants to join us. There's no way we'll spend £32m lol

They are trying to get us to pay for their new stand. He is not worth it. We can and will do better. Why the hell not pay up for Slimani and Musa and have done with it?

turning down 25 million lol...walk away please city

This ! This is just stupid money. We should activate the release clause Of the Porto striker. I just wonder if TD will now put a transfer request ??? 

hes priceless to them. That's the point. It would rip the soul out of their team.

Troy Deeney the bit part player at Chelsea is worth 10/15 million.

Troy Deeney the talismanic captain and driving force of the whole team at Watford, they don't want to sell. So they can ask silly money.

He's a no risk improvement on a Prem team, but he's not worth that. So they'll keep him and as stated it'll probably get Silimani's people or someone else maybe sweating.

I like him, but £25m is too much let alone £30m+

If we sign him for any more than £15m i'll be very disappointed.

I agree with and understand the post above saying he's priceless to Watford that's why they're demanding so much but it's time for us to walk away, I must say fair play to Watford for holding strong though, if only the idiot who deals with contract negotiations here held strong when negotiating release clauses.

They want £32m

If they've now come up with a price, it means we must be close and they're resigned to selling. Can't imagine we'd go to £32 million (and Watford know that) but if you're trying to extract a couple of million extra / get the player to waive some financial commitments, this is the sort of thing you do.

Patience is key here - and there's plenty of time yet.

His true value is worth £10m max!

At a push £15m.

7 goals from open play last season. He's a good player but you can find a Deeney on the continent for £10-15m.

At a push £15m.

7 goals from open play last season. He's a good player but you can find a Deeney on the continent for £10-15m.

But you don't know if they will take to the pace/physicality of the PL.

You don't know if they will settle

Deeney is a sure fire bet. we don't have time to allow players to come in and 'find their feet'. We have a title to defend and a CL campaign beginning September. have you seen our away fixtures 2 thru 5 ? Have some faith in the club. They haven't done much wrong in the past few years.

Deeney is a sure fire bet. we don't have time to allow players to come in and 'find their feet'. We have a title to defend and a CL campaign beginning September. have you seen our away fixtures 2 thru 5 ? Have some faith in the club. They haven't done much wrong in the past few years.

Yeah, but you could use the same claim on settling at a new club about Deeney. Who says last season wasn't just a one-off?

Guest CityFan 06

I think the situation is potentially difficult now, because Deeney seems the type of player who wouldn't want to put in a transfer request after how Watford gave him a chance, and how the connection is between him, the fans and the club.

If Deeney is moving, surely if Watford let him move for 15-25m to Leicester, then at least it's on good terms, rather than him leaving Watford by handing in a transfer request.

Then why sign any foreign based player then if we don't have time to give them for settling in period?

I have faith in the club. The price Watford want for Deeney is crazy talk and its just my opinion. We don't have to agree with every player we're linked with.

If they've now come up with a price, it means we must be close and they're resigned to selling. Can't imagine we'd go to £32 million (and Watford know that) but if you're trying to extract a couple of million extra / get the player to waive some financial commitments, this is the sort of thing you do.

Patience is key here - and there's plenty of time yet.

It's unlikely we'll be gazumped.  :blink:

On talking to my Watford mate, he recognises the fee is huge however he claims Deeney gives more to them than his meagre goal total. He is a beast, wins majority of his battles, technically is far better than given credit for, has improved year on year, has played in a side whos sole aim was survival, who had a forward ahead of him in Ighalo who he was expected to feed/support/weigh in with but most importantly he says it was Deeneys rapport with fans and strength of character. The guy is a leader, shirks nothing and is a true team player. The latter is hard to quantify as a buyer yet is clearly quite tangible as the seller. Lets see how this one pans out.

Leaving the almost obscene price to one side, he is the player most likely to fit in at no.10 in last year's title winning XI and improve it - by a way. He has the character, the ability and the desire. I can't think of a better option for us, home or abroad. And yes, I know there are better players, and more orthodox second strikers, but a better fit for our band of brothers? I doubt it.

Him, Musa, Mendy & Hernandez added to last year's squad and who knows what we could achieve next year??!!

On talking to my Watford mate, he recognises the fee is huge however he claims Deeney gives more to them than his meagre goal total. He is a beast, wins majority of his battles, technically is far better than given credit for, has improved year on year, has played in a side whos sole aim was survival, who had a forward ahead of him in Ighalo who he was expected to feed/support/weigh in with but most importantly he says it was Deeneys rapport with fans and strength of character. The guy is a leader, shirks nothing and is a true team player. The latter is hard to quantify as a buyer yet is clearly quite tangible as the seller. Lets see how this one pans out.

As you can imagine, I agree with both these posters!

Archived