Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

If Deeney wants to join us why doesn't he hand in a transfer request?

Because if he does, he'll surrender his loyalty bonus. These loyalty bonuses are so shambolic that even Luis Suarez got one when he left Liverpool because, despite all the comments about wanting to leave and biting Chiellini to try to force Liverpool's hand, he never actually handed a transfer request in.

It's a joke.

Because if he does, he'll surrender his loyalty bonus. These loyalty bonuses are so shambolic that even Luis Suarez got one when he left Liverpool because, despite all the comments about wanting to leave and biting Chiellini to try to force Liverpool's hand, he never actually handed a transfer request in.

It's a joke.

How much can his loyalty bonus be worth?

In the light of 25m being banded about surely it's just chicken feed?

Yeah, but you could use the same claim on settling at a new club about Deeney. Who says last season wasn't just a one-off?

Didn't he score 20 goals in the championship 3 seasons in a row before this one?

lol anyone questioning his pedigree is silly. Not £32m player, but my god he's worth a damn sight more than the stupid £10m figures were coming up with in here.

I think troy would be a better signing than milik or slimani. But if they want more than 25mil I think we should take our chances on a cheaper option

We shouldn't be looking at the 'cheaper' options now!.. We're PL champions ffs!!!

What is amazing is that Watford appear to have managed to tie down their most important player on a five year deal with NO buy out clause.

Something we have not managed to do.

I think this is a testament to their good negotiation skills as let's face it he's always been a decent player and for him to have no apparent buy out clause is surprising.

Personally I would walk away now. 25m is a joke but 32M would frankly be absurd. Just shows how crazy the football world is now if slightly above average players can go for that sort of money.

I think Deeney would be perfect for us in Shinji's position. Shinji's work, I think was underestimated in its importance to the team. Deeney would be like Shinji on steroids. He won't be throwing his head back and tumbling in the physical battles that Shinji loses out on against the more physical opponents. For this reason I think we should pay over the odds to gerrimin. I see him as a key signing for us. His personality and work ethic are also an extension of what we already have.

Love this forum.

Oliver Giroud comments that he'd quite like vardy to sign from Leicester most unprofessional man in football ( you being one of the main promoters of that )

Can we get Troy deeney on the cheap if he kicks off and puts the club he's contracted to under immense pressure to sell him, you stand starboard Troy we will hop on port, let's get this boat rocking.

Hypocrisy personified.

There's a fair bit of difference between those two things. Don't recall any of our players talking about how much Deeney wants to sign for us in an interview. Not even sure what point you're trying to make in fact, although comparing me to an international striker is welcome.

I hope we walk away at that price, it's a shame too, I'd have liked him here :)

I hope we pay it and then spend another 50 million. We have a once in a lifetime chance to become a big club.Its not like the owners and the club don't have the money

Archived