Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

I hope we pay it and then spend another 50 million. We have a once in a lifetime chance to become a big club.Its not like the owners and the club don't have the money

What and become the new laughing stock of the Premier League? £20m is as far we need to go for Deeney. Our owners didn't become multi billionaires by paying well over the odds.

I think Deeney would be perfect for us in Shinji's position. Shinji's work, I think was underestimated in its importance to the team. Deeney would be like Shinji on steroids. He won't be throwing his head back and tumbling in the physical battles that Shinji loses out on against the more physical opponents. For this reason I think we should pay over the odds to gerrimin. I see him as a key signing for us. His personality and work ethic are also an extension of what we already have.

Arsenal fans have already tweeted the FA.

His latest tweet is interesting...wonder if it relates to this.

Last time he was supposedly moving to another club, he tweeted something like "can those of you congratulating me on my latest move let me know where I've gone and for how much?"

Last time he was supposedly moving to another club, he tweeted something like "can those of you congratulating me on my latest move let me know where I've gone and for how much?"

He is a very good player and I hope he stays loyal to Watford in fairness

As I hope Vardy stays loyal to Leicester

What club was that supposedly to?

I guess that's why they call it blues. Mores to the point, how come no release clause in his contract? Same Agent as Jordon Veretout??

At one point there were about seven or eight of them.

I know he's a club legend and been with you for years and you've no doubt got a lot of affection for him but would you think it's good business selling him for £25m, how highly do you rate him?

I know he's a club legend and been with you for years and you've no doubt got a lot of affection for him but would you think it's good business selling him for £25m, how highly do you rate him?

Very highly, and we're not necessarily talking about his qualities as a striker; it's also about his leadership qualities, his drive, his captaincy, and his loyalty to the club that stood by him while he was in prison. You can't recruit people into that kind of position. And while £25m is silly money, the TV money for next season means we're not short of a few bob, ergo our heads will be turned a little less by the figure. 

Very highly, and we're not necessarily talking about his qualities as a striker; it's also about his leadership qualities, his drive, his captaincy, and his loyalty to the club that stood by him while he was in prison. You can't recruit people into that kind of position. And while £25m is silly money, the TV money for next season means we're not short of a few bob, ergo our heads will be turned a little less by the figure.

I whole heartedly agree with your sentiments but this is a totally different situation to that of Leicester holding onto Vardy. Leicester have won the league, and of course now in CL. Watford have had a really good season but they haven't done anything spectacular for Deeney to stay. Added to that you have just lost a very charismatic manager. I wouldn't blame him if he left!

I whole heartedly agree with your sentiments but this is a totally different situation to that of Leicester holding onto Vardy. Leicester have won the league, and of course now in CL. Watford have had a really good season but they haven't done anything spectacular for Deeney to stay. Added to that you have just lost a very charismatic manager. I wouldn't blame him if he left!

I can't blame him for wanting CL football, but then again, a couple of seasons ago people were saying that Troy was highly likely to leave us due to wanting Premier League football - which he eventually got with Watford. Of course, I'm not saying that we're going to get CL football any time soon, but what I am saying is that Deeney has a bit of a track record when it comes to loyalty to us. Obviously nothing lasts for ever, but I'd like to think he'll stick around a while yet.

I can't blame him for wanting CL football, but then again, a couple of seasons ago people were saying that Troy was highly likely to leave us due to wanting Premier League football - which he eventually got with Watford. Of course, I'm not saying that we're going to get CL football any time soon, but what I am saying is that Deeney has a bit of a track record when it comes to loyalty to us. Obviously nothing lasts for ever, but I'd like to think he'll stick around a while yet.

Id like to see him here, but I cant help but feel I would really admire him if he stays loyal to you.

Good character and attitude is a quality we actively look for in a player when scouting and looking to buy players. Problem is that it makes them so effing hard to get. lol

If he comes to Leicester I will have him with open arms but if he stays at Watford I will respect his decision massively, there aren't many players who would pass up the opportunity of Champions League football at his age. He would surely go down as the biggest legend in Watford history if he did stay, of course I hope he doesn't but if he did he would get nothing but respect from me as he would be a rare breed.

I get this talk of leaving for champions league football if he was joining arsenal or man city. But we could potentially only be playing 6 champions league games and then that could be that. He will be signing a 4 year deal. Its not as though it will be every year.

We could buy their entire ground for 32 million !!!

Hey, don't knock the old traditional grounds  :(

In past interviews Deeney has always said he would never force a move away from us and many times said he is happy with the club, the set up, owners, fans etc. 

Our owners have just sold Granada Cf and still own Udinese (who have an extremely good model of buying cheap players and selling for huge amounts). I highly doubt they are desperate for the money at the moment.

Deeney is of huge importance to us, and it's hard to think of someone who could come in for 25m or less  (in todays crazy market) and replace or improve upon him. Not to mention if he did join you, it would completely ruin *that* Deeney goal.   

Just keep Vardy and let us have our Deeney and everyone is happy  :thumbup:

I get this talk of leaving for champions league football if he was joining arsenal or man city. But we could potentially only be playing 6 champions league games and then that could be that. He will be signing a 4 year deal. Its not as though it will be every year.

We will play at least 13 Champions League matches mate

What and become the new laughing stock of the Premier League? £20m is as far we need to go for Deeney. Our owners didn't become multi billionaires by paying well over the odds.

y

I couldn't give a shit what other people think.if Walsh and Claudio want him, then we need to do everything we can to get him

Archived