Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

y

I couldn't give a shit what other people think.if Walsh and Claudio want him, then we need to do everything we can to get him

I can remember people laughing when we spent a million on Vardy, and when the owners said they wanted us to be challenging for top 5 in the next three season.

I certainly can't believe we will pay anywhere near or whether the guy is anywhere near a £30million price tag!

I think this is the press clutching at straws and making shit up!!

Trust me, as someone who's been involved with staff-fan liaison, potential suitors are going to have to stump up a lot of money for a deal to even be considered.

Hey, don't knock the old traditional grounds  :(

In past interviews Deeney has always said he would never force a move away from us and many times said he is happy with the club, the set up, owners, fans etc. 

Our owners have just sold Granada Cf and still own Udinese (who have an extremely good model of buying cheap players and selling for huge amounts). I highly doubt they are desperate for the money at the moment.

Deeney is of huge importance to us, and it's hard to think of someone who could come in for 25m or less  (in todays crazy market) and replace or improve upon him. Not to mention if he did join you, it would completely ruin *that* Deeney goal.   

Just keep Vardy and let us have our Deeney and everyone is happy  :thumbup:

'That goal' against us, is probably one of our defining moments in this rise. So really it's only fitting we have him, he is already part of our history :D

Hasn't Deeney got any ambition?

He's taken Watford as far as they'll ever go!

Here is his chance to play CL football.. Something he'll NEVER achieve at Watford!

Surely this his is only chance to play at a higher level and consequently enhance his chances of playing for England.

Watford should let him leave , thank him for his years of loyalty and wish him well.

Heard all that two years ago, when Troy's head was supposedly going to be turned by the prospect of Premier League football. Like I said in a previous post, I'm not saying we're going to have CL football any time soon, but I am saying Deeney has shown himself to be loyal to us, particularly after we stood by him in prison. You can't just recruit someone with that kind of loyalty.

Heard all that two years ago, when Troy's head was supposedly going to be turned by the prospect of Premier League football. Like I said in a previous post, I'm not saying we're going to have CL football any time soon, but I am saying Deeney has shown himself to be loyal to us, particularly after we stood by him in prison. You can't just recruit someone with that kind of loyalty.

Let's hope he looks back in ten years time and sees things that way....

Nothing worse than having regrets!

How much do you think he is worth mate? Genuine question.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Here is his chance to play CL football.. Something he'll NEVER achieve at Watford!

Surely this his is only chance to play at a higher level and consequently enhance his chances of playing for England.

Watford should let him leave , thank him for his years of loyalty and wish him well.

I bet other teams fans were saying that about our players last summer.

How much do you think he is worth mate? Genuine question.

To be honest, I wouldn't sell him at all. I know that sounds like an easy answer, but I think the £32m price tag was more to discourage bids. The CEO of Watford I ain't, but I think his value as a player is more than any transfer fee we could receive for him. 

will watford fans ever move on from that deeney goal?

If that deeney goal didn't happen, we wouldn't be where we are today so thank u watford. the goal did nothing for watford, but they go on about it like its the best thing that's happened to them lol

Arsenal fans might have a similar argument for signing Vardy, and who are Leicester fans to say what Waford can and can't do. Might help to take an objective view on an issue rather than completely disregard an opposition fans opinion that you yourself harbour about our own player.

To be honest, I wouldn't sell him at all. I know that sounds like an easy answer, but I think the £32m price tag was more to discourage bids. The CEO of Watford I ain't, but I think his value as a player is more than any transfer fee we could receive for him.

Yeah, I get that mate and I see what you're saying but from a market point of view - what do you think he is worth? For example, Kante is priceless to us, I wouldn't sell him for £50 million but I would say his market value (taking out the emotion) is probably about £30 million.

Arsenal fans might have a similar argument for signing Vardy, and who are Leicester fans to say what Waford can and can't do. Might help to take an objective view on an issue rather than completely disregard an opposition fans opinion that you yourself harbour about our own player.

Spot on. You've stolen my thunder as I was about to write something similar.

We should respect the fact that other clubs and their fans will not want to see their best players leave just the same as we don't want ours to leave.

Yeah, I get that mate and I see what you're saying but from a market point of view - what do you think he is worth? For example, Kante is priceless to us, I wouldn't sell him for £50 million but I would say his market value (taking out the emotion) is probably about £30 million.

Taking into account his more-than-reasonable form in the Premier League, his home-grown status, captaincy and the remainder of his contract, I'd say about £15million would be a figure I would expect to see if I wasn't a Watford fan. 

Taking into account his more-than-reasonable form in the Premier League, his home-grown status, captaincy and the remainder of his contract, I'd say about £15million would be a figure I would expect to see if I wasn't a Watford fan.

Okay, that's interesting as I reckon that's what most City fans would probably want to pay.

I can't see him handing in a transfer request either. Seems a very loyal guy.

The fact is, Deeney has proven himself in the Premier League and has the kind of personality and attitude which would suit Leicester down to the ground.  £30 on Deeney is less of a risk than £15 million on a player proven in a European league who has never lived or played in England.

It's also interesting to see how we react on the other side of a 'Vardyesque' situation.  We hope the player we have made and stood by through bad times will show loyalty in return.  At the same time, we hope Deeney will turn his back on Watford.

Whatever happens with this, I hope we can how a bit more grace and dignity in our comments and behaviour than some Arsenal fans towards us.  It isn't that long ago that Watford were doing better than we are.

Stay grounded !!

So give me a list of other more talented strikers who have proven themselves in the Premier League that WOULD come to us?

"Premier League proven" is such an annoying phrase. Plenty of players have come to this league from abroad and torn it up. Was Kante PL proven when we signed him? Was Martial PL proven? Payet?

Archived