Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

"Premier League proven" is such an annoying phrase. Plenty of players have come to this league from abroad and torn it up. Was Kante PL proven when we signed him? Was Martial PL proven? Payet?

I get your point because the only thing that really matters is if the player is good enough and fits the dynamic of the squad. However, it never hurts to have a few players that are experienced in this league. That and it tends to be seen as less of a gamble.

"Premier League proven" is such an annoying phrase. Plenty of players have come to this league from abroad and torn it up. Was Kante PL proven when we signed him? Was Martial PL proven? Payet?

I agree that most of our starting 11 were not already proven premier league before they joined us, but for every one player like Martial, Mahrez, Kante Payet there are another 10 who have just not cut in this league. There are countless examples of 20 plus goal strikers bought from the European leagues who have flopped. Troy Deeney has banged 15 goals and created ample chances for Ighalo for a less creative team, with our coaching staff and partnership with JV he could be lethal...

As much as I rate Deeney it is not uncommon to be good at one club and not the next. Everyone was crying out for Austin because of his record for QPR but he has hardly done anything at Southampton. 

There are no guarentees in football, whatever league they play in. 

However, I do think he would be a great fit for us.  Whether or not that is worth 30 mill is a decision that only the owners can  make

You lot win the league and still can't get the likes of Deeney from Watford. This is why you are still a small club. No one wants to go to Leceister.

Leceister will have to overspend if they want to bring in any good players or else they'll be relegated in the next few years.

Anything over £15m is too much for me, perhaps £18m at a push.

Ridiculous to ask over £20m for him

I would like to see him down here , but there is other value out there

I agree , how much does that make Kante or Mahrez worth

You lot win the league and still can't get the likes of Deeney from Watford. This is why you are still a small club. No one wants to go to Leceister.

Leceister will have to overspend if they want to bring in any good players or else they'll be relegated in the next few years.

:yawn:

Good Morning, one word - Champions

Its Leicester btw - who are Champions , and in the Champions league,  so what is your team ?

The money rumoured to be offered is far too much, yes I know with all the money coming in this summer we won't get players cheap, but this is a player never capped at international level. I don't think he will be good enough I'm the champions league where as I can see our very best players coping at that level.

Thanks for your drivel this morning Col Kuntz.

Champions!

Can't be that small if we can keep Vardy away from that BIG club Arsenal!!

Illiterate Moron!

Any relation to Col.city fan

Top trolling.

Had you had the bottle to inform us of the team you support I may have +1 you.

But as it seems you have no bottle to back up your comments fvck off back to tw@ter.

Arsenal fans might have a similar argument for signing Vardy, and who are Leicester fans to say what Waford can and can't do. Might help to take an objective view on an issue rather than completely disregard an opposition fans opinion that you yourself harbour about our own player.

It also highlights that aggressively pursuing the best players from other PL clubs is a very expensive business.

We could probably buy the "surplus to requirement" ones from even the top clubs for a reasonable price but hostile bids will cost the earth.

I rate Deeney but at these prices I want us to be looking elsewhere.

Archived