Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

I'd rather we paid less and got Slimani!

I kinda thought Slimani wasn't a number 10 and would be a replacement for Vardy.

I'm struggling to get my head round these prices though lol - I'd want Ronaldo for that kind of cash!

Don't believe it for a second that we bid/are going to bid that much, if your refusing to pay 23M for a Algerian international who's played at the highest level all his career your not paying that much for someone who has one season in the premier league.

Agree with this.

Both Musa and Slimani have played and scored in the World Cup and Champions League. Granted, they won't directly compete with Deeney's position but I find it staggering that we'd pay £30m for Deeney and not £23m for either of the other two. I think it's paper rubbish and I genuinely hope it is.

If we're looking for powerful workhorses i'd rather we went for Rondon. Probably cost half of what is quoted for Deeney. He looked good against Argentina even though Venezuela lost.

Fair point. Always rated him...

If we're looking for powerful workhorses i'd rather we went for Rondon. Probably cost half of what is quoted for Deeney. He looked good against Argentina even though Venezuela lost.

I like Rondon... but here's the comparison.

post-26-0-82888900-1466432028_thumb.png

I kinda thought Slimani wasn't a number 10 and would be a replacement for Vardy.

I'm struggling to get my head round these prices though lol - I'd want Ronaldo for that kind of cash!

nah he's let himself go..

post-11668-0-16096300-1466432045_thumb.j

Do people honestly give a **** whether somebodies scored in the world cup and champions league? If somebody else is better id rather get them just because theyve scored in a big tournament. Look at that Hungarian striker ffs hadnt scored in what 2 years? Scores for his country at the euros, get the big ****er in lol

Mirror saying he's demanding show down talks and wants to join us for the champions league

Deeney's in Florida with his family. I don't see how either he would enter talks, or how the press would cotton on to this.

Deeney's in Florida with his family. I don't see how either he would enter talks, or how the press would cotton on to this.

I've gone past reading a lot of what gets reported in the gutter press.

I'd hazard a guess the logic is talks will happen after the holiday if this is his ultimate goal.

What is the typical transfer budget of a defending champion?

well the owners said something around £150mil to get us into the top 5(i think it was) and we managed that on a budget well under half of that, by the looks of it we could get to that totally before the end of july if they papers have it right :ph34r:  lol

Archived